• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Carnation Cafe

DisneyGaga

Earning My Ears
We are planning a trip in 2 weeks and I have not been able to get a reservation for Carnation Cafe. Has anyone gotten a last minute reservation? Are they still taking walk ups, or is it reservation only?

Carnation Cafe is a must visit for my daughter, because of the baked potato soup, so I’m considering rescheduling our whole trip to next Christmas. 😂

I'm in the same boat with you, going early December and I wanted to book lunch at Carnation Cafe specifically for the baked potato soup XD

I signed up for dining alerts but I wasn't quick enough, but I just keep scrolling and checking times multiple times a day.
I just snagged one a few days ago, someone must have cancelled their reservation.
Keep at it. I'm feeling hopeful because I think people typically cancel closer to the dates.

I had inquired on here a few days ago too. I think you can walk up when they open and ask to be placed on the waitlist? I think they'll ask you to stay on Main Street so they can text you when your seat is available.

Good luck!

I'm in the same boat with you, going early December and I wanted to book lunch at Carnation Cafe specifically for the baked potato soup XD

I signed up for dining alerts but I wasn't quick enough, but I just keep scrolling and checking times multiple times a day.
I just snagged one a few days ago, someone must have cancelled their reservation.
Keep at it. I'm feeling hopeful because I think people typically cancel closer to the dates.

I had inquired on here a few days ago too. I think you can walk up when they open and ask to be placed on the waitlist? I think they'll ask you to stay on Main Street so they can text you when your seat is available.

Good luck!

I just got a breakfast reservation for the 14th using one of the alert services.

Hadn’t used an alert service before but it’s been helpful.

We ate there last month for lunch. Had an 11:35 reservation. As I was checking in with the host she was telling other guests that they were not accepting walk ups that day.

Thanks for all of your input! Good to know they may not be accepting walk-ups. I will try the service and keep my fingers crossed that it works.

We ate there last month for lunch. Had an 11:35 reservation. As I was checking in with the host she was telling other guests that they were not accepting walk ups that day.
It may have been that they had offered them at 11 and by 11:35 were full. The day I went about 10 or so parties were able to get on the list before it was closed for the day.

We are planning a trip in 2 weeks and I have not been able to get a reservation for Carnation Cafe. Has anyone gotten a last minute reservation? Are they still taking walk ups, or is it reservation only?

Carnation Cafe is a must visit for my daughter, because of the baked potato soup, so I’m considering rescheduling our whole trip to next Christmas. 😂

I have heard reports from 2 people now that the baked potato soup is not the same recipe served pre-Covid. Both people said it wasn't very good. Not that it just wasn't AS good....but that it wasn't very good at all. This news was pretty disappointing. It's one of my favorite things to eat at Disneyland. I would be curious to hear other thoughts on the baked potato soup since reopening.

I have heard reports from 2 people now that the baked potato soup is not the same recipe served pre-Covid. Both people said it wasn't very good. Not that it just wasn't AS good....but that it wasn't very good at all. This news was pretty disappointing. It's one of my favorite things to eat at Disneyland. I would be curious to hear other thoughts on the baked potato soup since reopening.
Interesting! I almost ordered this when I went but got the chili instead (never had either). The chili was very good. Fresh Baked did a vlog about the chili, baked potato soup and fried pickles (I know because he was sitting next to me filming while we were eating 😆). I wonder what he said about it.
77971BFE-425E-49C6-A8CB-A9AF78388CE5.jpeg
DD08C34E-E6A3-4D6B-9BD7-31DAB0C90CD4.jpeg

Interesting! I almost ordered this when I went but got the chili instead (never had either). The chili was very good. Fresh Baked did a vlog about the chili, baked potato soup and fried pickles (I know because he was sitting next to me filming while we were eating 😆). I wonder what he said about it.
View attachment 619453
View attachment 619454

That is so funny! I'll have to look it up. That chili does look good. What is that thing that looks like an animal paw sticking out of it? 😂

When we were there for Columbus Day weekend, I had been getting alerts but not managing to get the reservations for over a month. When my plane landed on Friday I got a notification that a Saturday timeslot was available and managed to book it right away, then when I checked into the hotel a Sunday timeslot came up so I booked that too. We kept both and ate there twice. I only had the baked potato soup once, but it tasted the same as pre-COVID soup to me. :confused3

Last minute cancellations were plentiful that weekend, I got a lot more alerts after we grabbed ours. So hold out until the 24 hour window before you call it a lost cause.

View attachment 619453
View attachment 619454
I think I saw that video! Pretty sure they liked it a lot from what I remember. I met the Fresh Baked crew once in the Starbucks on Main Street. They were really nice!

The baked potato soup looks totally different. We ate there last weekend and the woman sitting at the table next to us had it. It wasn't as creamy looking as it used to be and it had HUGE chunks of potatoes in it. It looked more like french onion soup...kind of brothy and a LOT of cheese.

Also, it should be noted they no longer have the malts/milkshakes. The only dessert is apple pie, which was a huge disappointment. We had been looking forward to chocolate malts. Sadly Ghirardelli ALSO didn't have malts available. They told me "there is currently no malt powder anywhere on Disney property." I thought that was strange.

Anyway, our fried pickles were still great and the patty melt was excellent.

I had their hot chocolate and it was delicious, but o checked their menu and they seemed to have taken it off :(

They told me "there is currently no malt powder anywhere on Disney property." I thought that was strange.

There have been a lot of random shortages of pretty much any kind of thing the last year and a half due to various impacts from covid. It's entirely possible that malt is not something Disney can get in large supply right now either at all or at an acceptable price for their required profit margins.

There have been a lot of random shortages of pretty much any kind of thing the last year and a half due to various impacts from covid. It's entirely possible that malt is not something Disney can get in large supply right now either at all or at an acceptable price for their required profit margins.

I realize that. They don't have plain milkshakes at at Carnation Cafe either, though, and that's not a supply issue.

I was there Columbus weekend and seen many cancellations. I went for breakfast and lunch in the same day. Just keep checking 1st thing in the morning…someone always cancel…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter