• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CARNIVAL VS DCL: The discussion and comparison thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the new paint scheme as well, I hope they eventually add it too the entire fleet (if they aren't already!) And I cannot wait to hear your review of your trip! Very interested to see how things start and progress from summer sailings to fall sailings-will protocols change? capacity increase? activities get added?

I forget, is your cruise vaxxed only? I'll be extremely interested to see comparisons of vaxxed vs. non-vaxxed sailings.
It is a vaxed only cruise for the month of July. Will be interesting to see what happens on board, looks like most activities are going to happen, I’m so happy right now. The excitement in our cruise group on that one social media site is off the charts! Everyone is just dying to be on a ship

Important Message For Anyone Sailing On Vista and Horizon in the next days:

View attachment 584800
I logged in to do that yesterday expecting something major to fill out, it was one question asking if we had our final dose of the vaccine at least 14 days prior to our sailing date. Had to answer yes for each of us and it was done. It sure sounded like it was going to be a major ordeal.

On a very bright note, the Muster drill will be virtual and will need to be done utilizing the HUB app and cabin TV. We each have to go to our muster station and check-in via the app, then go back to our cabin to watch the video on the TV, then acknowledge we watched it using the app once again. Super easy and it sounds like this will be the way forward from now on, not just during covid.

I logged in to do that yesterday expecting something major to fill out, it was one question asking if we had our final dose of the vaccine at least 14 days prior to our sailing date. Had to answer yes for each of us and it was done. It sure sounded like it was going to be a major ordeal.

On a very bright note, the Muster drill will be virtual and will need to be done utilizing the HUB app and cabin TV. We each have to go to our muster station and check-in via the app, then go back to our cabin to watch the video on the TV, then acknowledge we watched it using the app once again. Super easy and it sounds like this will be the way forward from now on, not just during covid.

I know they were working on an E-Muster before the pandemic hit.

IMO, it’s here to stay and I welcome the change.

Speaking of Celebrity, has anyone seen the video for the upcoming Celebrity Beyond ship? My mom showed it to me and it looks stunning. Definitely more along the lines of a luxury/premium cruise ship. I think she sails in 2022.

I have Princess and Celebrity on my cruise list for when I am able to travel without my son, he won't go unless there are waterslides 🙄

Not that this affects us in any way, I just stumbled on it and wondered if I got it right - John Heald announced there are no kids clubs during the July & August sailings? Or just July? Which I guess makes sense if they are fully vaccinated sailings.

Even on ships that sail with that 5% un-vaxxed allowance, it makes me wonder just how many kids would actually be onboard anyway. Would they even bother with kids clubs then? Is it worth it?

Not that this affects us in any way, I just stumbled on it and wondered if I got it right - John Heald announced there are no kids clubs during the July & August sailings? Or just July? Which I guess makes sense if they are fully vaccinated sailings.

Even on ships that sail with that 5% un-vaxxed allowance, it makes me wonder just how many kids would actually be onboard anyway. Would they even bother with kids clubs then? Is it worth it?

No kids clubs, but the teen ones will be running. Apparently a number of parents are really upset about this, they got their kid "approved" as part of the 5% but no club for them which they didn't find out until after they got approved.

I am anxiously waiting to see what happens. I still have a Dec cruise on Mardi Gras booked, my son will turn 12 on board so he won't be vaxxed unless they lower the age by October-ish (so he has time to get his two shots, which is taking longer in Canada though speeding up). I would move it, I moved my RCL, but the week I'm looking at is twice as expensive so not sure it is worth it.

No kids clubs, but the teen ones will be running. Apparently a number of parents are really upset about this, they got their kid "approved" as part of the 5% but no club for them which they didn't find out until after they got approved.

I am anxiously waiting to see what happens. I still have a Dec cruise on Mardi Gras booked, my son will turn 12 on board so he won't be vaxxed unless they lower the age by October-ish (so he has time to get his two shots, which is taking longer in Canada though speeding up). I would move it, I moved my RCL, but the week I'm looking at is twice as expensive so not sure it is worth it.
Ugh, I think it really stinks that your son can't get his vax yet. My daughter (12, turns 13 in August) will be fully vaxxed by the end of July but I know several kids here in BC who are 11, won't be 12 for a few more months, and they will be fully vaxxed before the end of summer. Oh Ontario! Silly rules.

Ugh, I think it really stinks that your son can't get his vax yet. My daughter (12, turns 13 in August) will be fully vaxxed by the end of July but I know several kids here in BC who are 11, won't be 12 for a few more months, and they will be fully vaxxed before the end of summer. Oh Ontario! Silly rules.

I know, right!? I wish we lived in Alberta or BC, or could figure out a way to travel there just to get his shots. I hope they let him get it before we go. He is sure it will happen, I really hope it does because as we wait longer the prices all go up. Even trying to put Disney in place of the cruise, there are not even any mods available that week in December. I have no idea why.

I know, right!? I wish we lived in Alberta or BC, or could figure out a way to travel there just to get his shots. I hope they let him get it before we go. He is sure it will happen, I really hope it does because as we wait longer the prices all go up. Even trying to put Disney in place of the cruise, there are not even any mods available that week in December. I have no idea why.
There are still some resorts that have not announced reopening dates though, right? So that would probably be why. Hopefully inventory will open up for December once they announce more resorts opening.

There are still some resorts that have not announced reopening dates though, right? So that would probably be why. Hopefully inventory will open up for December once they announce more resorts opening.

That is one thing I am hoping for! I can change my flights for December, thank goodness they came with free changes, but I am hoping I don't have to. I just want a vacation! :) I know other can relate to that.

There is a huge sale for Carnival cruises happening in 2021… I don’t remember ever seeing such low prices on Carnival. If I didn’t already have 2 cruises and 1 land trip planned for this fall, I would absolutely go for it.

There is a huge sale for Carnival cruises happening in 2021… I don’t remember ever seeing such low prices on Carnival. If I didn’t already have 2 cruises and 1 land trip planned for this fall, I would absolutely go for it.
Aww man. We have no cruises booked til August 2022 (other trips, yes, but no cruises). If my 10yr could get the vax then we would all be good to go!

I have too many cruises booked lol, and not even sure if I will have to move the first one so waiting to see what happens before I book more. Thought the B2B I have for April 2023 was the furthest out I could book, and now they go to 2024... But no more this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter