Carrying baby - sling or in arms?

dlf

Earning My Ears
Hi,

I have read on previous posts that babies are allowed to be carried onto rides in a sling. If we do not wish to use one, can we carry our little girl just in our arms onto the rides?

Also, can you take a baby onto Buzz Lightyear & Pirates of the Caribbean?

Thank you.

you can pretty much take the baby on any ride that doesn't have height restrictions and you don't need a sling. although it probably would be easier on you if you did have a sling so you didn't have to stand in line with a baby in your arms!

It depends on what time of year you go whether a sling would be too hot for a baby/toddler.

I loved my sling and DS rode in it everywhere, especially on rides. The only one I felt even slightly uncomfortable on was Peter Pan - just hold on tight!

Remember that strollers aren't allowed in lines. If the line is long, you may want something to hold the baby in. Even if the line is short when you get in it, sometimes the rides break down for a few minutes and leave you in line longer than you anticipated.

I've slung 2 babies through WDW and wouldn't go there w/o a sling if I had another baby. The lines can be LONG and holding even a 15 lbs. baby can feel like a ton after 20 minutes, especially if it is hot or crowded (or sunny even if it is cool!) If you baby weighs more than that (slung my son at 9 mo when he weighed 26lbs.) you will start to feel like your arms are stretching and going to fall off! LOL!!

You can also use a baby front pack rather than a sling (if you have one you needn't invest in something else) I found a sling useful because I could nurse my babies fairly discretely while standing in line. Not always possible in a front pack or with a wiggling mass in your arms. Even if you don't bf, bottlefeeding is still easier in a sling.

:earsgirl:

We took DD 12 weeks on the Pirates of the Carribean. It is fine for infants riding on a lap. However.....do not sit in the front!!! We got SOAKED in the front row, and DD got a face full of ice cold Pirate water in her face. I've never gotten wet on this before. I 'm thinking that we had too much weight in the front of the boat with 3 "not slender" adults.

If you decide to try use a sling and are not using one already, you might want to try it out at home first. My sister "wore" her kids everywhere and they loved it. MY DS hated to be in a sling. He screamed the whole time. Some babies like it, some don't.

Jordan's mom

I didn't try a sling, but my son loved the baby bjorn! It was easily adjustable for me or DH, and the baby can face in or out. It's not good for nursing, but I'm more the sit on a bench with a blanket type anyway :)

baby jorn. mortgage the house if you need to but no parent at WDW should be without this carrier.

i carried my ds (9mths) last week onto nearly everything in fantasyland. i was also nervous about peter pan but kept and iron grip on him.

i did not take him on buzz though, how could i beat my husband at buzz if i'm trying to watch the baby? :teeth:

i had a hip carrier but didn't use it much as a) there weren't many lines this time of year, and b) ds weighs a ton! 28lbs!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter