Cars Land is possibly coming to Epcot

disneysource11

Mouseketeer
Hello everybody, recently I heard some fun rumors about Epcot. It came from a person, whose since partially retired from the company. For now it is just being talked about behind closed doors, but it sounds great.

Future World

1.) The front of the park is going to be separated into two lands

2.) Cars Land will encompass the left side of Future world and include 3 attractions, 2 stores and a restaurant.

the attractions in this area will possibly be

Pistons Cup Speedway - a rethemed Test Track that resembles a racing stadium

Tow Mater and Fillmore Time Travelers - similar to Ellen, but much shorter and actually entertaining

Luigi's Casa Della Tiressimilar to Crush Coaster in Disneyland Paris

3.) He wasn’t sure about the name for the other side, but it will consist of Land, Sea and Air

(possible attractions for the Air pavilion are Up, Gigantic and even Planes)

and last, but not least

World Showcase

4.) Ratatouille in France

and

5.) Alice in Wonderland in the U.K.

Last edited:
Hello everybody, recently I heard some fun rumors about Epcot. It came from a person, whose since partially retired from the company. For now it is just being talked about behind closed doors, but it sounds great.

for Future World

1. The front of the park is going to be separated into two lands

2. Cars Land will encompass the left side of Future world

- with 3 attractions including a retheming of Test Track and retheming of Electric Umbrella

3. He wasn’t sure about the name for the other side, but it will consist of Land, Sea and Air

for World Showcase

4. Ratatouille in France

5. Alice in the U.K.
Find this hard to believe.

by all reports UoE on the "left" side is to be GotG...don't think that ties into Cars land.
Seas and Land are there...but what Imagination will be revamped into "air?" - no more imagination? Pretty sure that has been shot down by many insiders.

for Future World

1.) The front of the park is going to be separated into two lands

2.) Cars Land will encompass the left side of Future world

- with 3 attractions including a retheming of Test Track and retheming of Electric Umbrella

3.) He wasn’t sure about the name for the other side, but it will consist of Land, Sea and Air

and last, but not least

for World Showcase

4.) Ratatouille in France

and

5.) Alice in the U.K.
1. No

2. No

3. No

4. Yes

5. Maybe

Epcot needs some love but Cars Land isn't the answer for Epcot. To me it would fit better at HS but with them building Toy Story Land and that wasn't included there I don't see them doing that.

At least you can argue with Frozen Ever After that the movie took place in Norway (or Norwayish kingdom). But Cars Land or Epcot? Nah. I don't see it. At least not anytime soon with Test Track honestly being redone not that long ago.

But I will say that I dont think Ratatouille in France is not a bad idea at all.

Last edited:
Cars Land would be a great addition to WDW but not in EPCOT. EPCOT needs some serious love and needs to be taken back to the "educational but still fun" mindset. An Alice in Wonderland or a Marry Poppins attractions would be awesome in U.K. and the same goes for a Ratatouille attraction in France.

Cars Land would be a great addition to WDW but not in EPCOT. EPCOT needs some serious love and needs to be taken back to the "educational but still fun" mindset. An Alice in Wonderland or a Marry Poppins attractions would be awesome in U.K. and the same goes for a Ratatouille attraction in France.

I don't see anything indicating it's going back to it's edutainment roots. Seems to be heading more toward IP Land.

Yep. Corporations sponsoring and showing off their futuristic products and views. It was a very unique concept that died with the sponsorships and Disney hasn't been able to fully cut the old funding cord and do their own to reimagine it in a sustainable way.

Not really when you think of it in a worlds fair sense.

That's true, I've never thought of it that way. The World's fair in New York was very similar to the modern day Epcot. They even used real automobiles by GM, Ford and Chrysler to show a glimpse of the future. It also provided great advertisementd for the companies. Kind of like World of Motions and Test Track have.

For the Air Pavilion I've heard that "Up" is the favorite to replace "Journey into Imagination". I'm guessing that it will use a similar vehicle system as the current ride. The only difference is the vehicles will look like houses.

I don't think Cars land would mesh with the already existing theme. Even Epcot's name is a set theme "Experimental, Prototype, Community of Tomorrow". So I think whether they like or not Disney has to stick with the Futuristic concept. Even Spaceship Earth the figurehead ride for the park is about the future.

Sure Epcot has already gone away from the theme with rides like "the Seas" and "Soarin", but this would be a giant leap away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter