• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Caryn and Mark PJ- SBP/LSS/PI >>>>>>AND WE'RE OFF<<<<<<

i think disney can take the fondant off for you after the cake is cut, but before it is served...i HATE fondant, it's disgusting...if it can't be changed, then i'm not having that cake...thanks for the google search, it's super helpful!

I LOVE that cake. You wouldn't even have to decorate the cake table, it stands out on its own. However, it looks like it is done with fondant icing. I tried several cakes with fondant icing during our cake-testing appointments here in AZ. Most of them were beautiful and expensive. But they were all gross except for one - the marshmallow fondant. I did a quick google search:
http://whatscookingamerica.net/PegW/Fondant.htm

Anyway, if you are going to stick with fondant, I would make sure you have a cake-testing. If you can't get to WDW before the wedding, I think you mentioned your sister is in the CP, ask her to go in for you. The difference between good and bad is night and day. She will easily be able to tell for you.

Good luck!

Great PJ so far. You are making me nervous, just planning everything at only 4 months left! I am big planner, planned everything way in advance. Love the mickey bubbles, I wish they had that for my wedding in March. Check out my Trip Report, I have pics of the ADH in case you end up there instead of the attic.

i am currently scheduled to have our reception at the living seas. i really really really wanted to have it at the attic, but my guest list has grown...we're inviting 115 people, i don't know how many will come...if everyone comes (which i doubt) then i'd move to adh or to american adventure...we'll have to see...for now i'm excited about LSS...

4 months is NOTHING, especially when we have all the holidays, and my df owns a night club so EVERY holiday is a big deal...then we're going to nj in october...i can't even think about it, i'll start to shake! thanks for reading!!!

Great PJ so far. You are making me nervous, just planning everything at only 4 months left! I am big planner, planned everything way in advance. Love the mickey bubbles, I wish they had that for my wedding in March. Check out my Trip Report, I have pics of the ADH in case you end up there instead of the attic.

i think disney can take the fondant off for you after the cake is cut, but before it is served...i HATE fondant, it's disgusting...if it can't be changed, then i'm not having that cake...thanks for the google search, it's super helpful!

Disney does remove the fondant before serving the wedding cake. No worries!

i am trying to make my "team bride" gear...and my cats are all over me. one of them even tried smelling the iron and she almost burned her little whiskers...

this is zorro, she has a slight weight problem at the moment, she likes it when mommy feeds her ice cream...mommy better stop, her butt is so fat she can barely run...bad mommy...here she is not moving off the team bride hoodies!!! i just had to post, she is SO CUTE!!!

184466241541_0_0.jpg
[/IMG]

i am trying to make my "team bride" gear...and my cats are all over me. one of them even tried smelling the iron and she almost burned her little whiskers...

this is zorro, she has a slight weight problem at the moment, she likes it when mommy feeds her ice cream...mommy better stop, her butt is so fat she can barely run...bad mommy...here she is not moving off the team bride hoodies!!! i just had to post, she is SO CUTE!!!

184466241541_0_0.jpg
[/IMG]
***GRANDMA TONI, i know you're reading this...i'll send you one asap!!!***
I want one too!
I also think that Megan should get the shirt that Zorro was sitting on! (in Zorro's defense, she is very cute even though she looks like she stuck her fingers in the electrical socket.)
There are some cute things in Target for welcome bags, in the $$ section. Mom said yesterday that you could put anything you wanted in them, so I think you should get lint brushes and shout wipes

i had an epiphany today...i don't know why, but welcome bags were really starting to stress me out...then i found these tiny little bottles of wine (6.3 oz) and they are super cheap...the winery is in clearwater, fl and they have a wedding special...a case of 24 for $75. the fee covers all graphic work (they even have a label with a pic of cinderella's castle!!! the link is below!!!

http://www.muriellewinery.com/weddingSpecial.html

my m+m's came in this week, this is what they look like right now...
2.jpg
[/IMG]
not a great pic, but oh well

i was thinking of what type of centerpeices i wanted, the LSS has small tables for 6, so i guess they can't be huge...i'd like something like this, not these colors though...
freesia.jpg
[/IMG]

df is so great...i'm not really computer savvy, well, actually, i'm not very mac savvy and i'm constantly on this laptop that i don't know how to use...anyway, he gave me photoshop, so now i can personalize my own disney designs!!! i'm going to make t-shirts for my mom and dad, df's mom and dad and my sisters! so great!!! he also downloaded a whole bunch of disney fonts for me too!!! i'm so excited!!!

i love those centerpieces and the lizianthus are such a pretty flower. but they would look great with oranges and daisies or another orange flower or with lemons and roses or with apples and red floral. o i love them

hello everyone!!! i started my new job, so i haven't had a ton of time to worry about my wedding...

marion called and spoke with df yesterday. bad idea. i DRILLED him on his conversation with her and he said they didn't talk about anything...when i spoke with marion today, she said that she told mark that she would be sending out a planning kit (does anyone know what this is?) and that i needed to get it back asap!!! mark mark mark...

so marion told me that she would have someone from disney floral contact me. we really need to get going on these plans. i'm getting anxious.

so, tiara or no tiara...sister/maid #1 put this into my head and reading all of the other planning journals, i think i want one. UGH! so i'll start searching, then i'll post pictures and we can all vote!

on a side note, i'm really glad that boston legal 3 is out on dvd, it's a welcome diversion!

tiara pics...
why why oh why am i thinking of wearing a tiara when i don't want to even wear a veil...maybe i'll just try it out for halloween!!!

51FY9PTB29L._AA280_.jpg
[/IMG]
51QK2E5NHFL._AA280_.jpg
[/IMG]
41HDW3MVWBL._AA280_.jpg
[/IMG]
21CDoYpA3lL._AA160_.jpg
41DJCB3GRyL._AA280_.jpg

to remember...my dress and veil

s07_VCT203.jpg
[/IMG]
s07_t8946.jpg
[/IMG]

opinions please!!!

Caryn,
The tiaras are beautiful. I'm wearing one for my VR but there is no way I'm wearing another veil! I wore one for the original ceremony (my mother-in-law's) and I AIN'T doin' it again! :lmao:

I say go for the tiara, every girl deserves to be a princess on her wedding day!

I really like these ones, especially the first one. It's so whimsical with the small flowers, but I don't know if it matches the small details on your veil. I have to admit that I don't like the other ones as much because they are taller. I only really like the shorter tiaras. So, I might be biased. I am not really a tiara girl, but if I was having a DFTW I might feel differently. They are all beautiful. You have a tough choice to make. Good luck.

I like the same ones Disneysweetie likes, especially the first short one with the flowers. But like she said, it'll depend on the detail of your dress.

tiara update:

i went crazy this morning on amazon and ordered 3...as well as some temporary princess tattoo's for my welcome bags...i'll take pics with the tiaras on once they come in! thanks for the opinions ladies!

I was on a site today browsing and they had a seperate catagory for 'shoe jewelry' and I remembered from your PJ that you were looking, I just didn't know if you had decided. So I thought I'd pass along the link...

http://www.belairebridal.com/

unsolicited, I know, but I hope it helps any how :goodvibes

I really like these ones, especially the first one. It's so whimsical with the small flowers, but I don't know if it matches the small details on your veil. I have to admit that I don't like the other ones as much because they are taller. I only really like the shorter tiaras. So, I might be biased. I am not really a tiara girl, but if I was having a DFTW I might feel differently. They are all beautiful. You have a tough choice to make. Good luck.

i think these are the ones that i ordered...i definitely got the set of two...

I was on a site today browsing and they had a seperate catagory for 'shoe jewelry' and I remembered from your PJ that you were looking, I just didn't know if you had decided. So I thought I'd pass along the link...

http://www.belairebridal.com/

unsolicited, I know, but I hope it helps any how :goodvibes

Caryn
I looked at this website and their shoe jewelry is really nice!
And now: A SisterMaid update
Last night I was thinking about how we are all going to squeeze into Caryn's room at an ungodly :scared1: hour of the morning to get ready. And it occurred to me that she could rent points from a DVC member and get a villa. Of course, she just loved :love: this idea and then threatened to kiss me :sick: (umm no, I can do without that, thank you) I have also bought my sister several engagement/wedding gifts which she will recieve when we are both home in a few weeks. I also have a few other ideas in the works!!

Caryn
I looked at this website and their shoe jewelry is really nice!
And now: A SisterMaid update
Last night I was thinking about how we are all going to squeeze into Caryn's room at an ungodly :scared1: hour of the morning to get ready. And it occurred to me that she could rent points from a DVC member and get a villa. Of course, she just loved :love: this idea and then threatened to kiss me :sick: (umm no, I can do without that, thank you) I have also bought my sister several engagement/wedding gifts which she will recieve when we are both home in a few weeks. I also have a few other ideas in the works!!

having helpful/disney knowledgable sisters is the best... i totally recommend the dvc thing...it's so much cheaper. i think we're going to try to get a 2 bedroom suite to have room for all of our stuff!

so i have my phone planning session with marion and another one with laura (disney floral) on oct 11. this works out well because i'll be in nj then with my mom...what do they need you to prepare for this???

i just sent laura a really long email telling her everything i want with pictures...hopefully this makes things easier!!!

so i'm going to buy the mickey bubbles, and i've asked my 2 youngest cousins who'll be at the wedding (7 and 3) to hand them out as people are seated! i think they'll be so cute, and since we're not having flower girls, i thought it would be such a cute idea!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter