Cast Member Theme Park Admission

Status
Not open for further replies.

lbv7

Mouseketeer
Prior to Covid 19 cast members were allowed "free" entrance to the parks, and I think they could also bring family members a certain number of times.
Given the new restrictions and the "virtual " park admission policy, does anyone know or has heard how this will affect cast members gaining entrance to the parks?

Honestly the Cast care more about getting back to work with steady paychecks then worrying about Main Gates right now as so many Haven’t seen a dime in unemployment yet.

I’d assume Cast will be blocked out from all parks indefinitely until demand is established/head count is needed then that’ll change.

Prior to Covid 19 cast members were allowed "free" entrance to the parks, and I think they could also bring family members a certain number of times.
Given the new restrictions and the "virtual " park admission policy, does anyone know or has heard how this will affect cast members gaining entrance to the parks?
The block out date only shows June at the moment but i expect their main entrance pass and guest passes ti be blocked out through three end of the year
Before the closure their MEP was already blocked for dhs
Universal's tm MEP is only blocked until next week but their guests passes are blocked through September 7th
You can check the calendar for yourself
https://blockoutdates.disney.com/en/home

My guess would be that there will be extremely limited CM entry (if any) for a while. If Guests are expected to make reservations to their park days, I'd also guess that if CMs are given entry they'd have to reserve a date in advance as well.

I don't want to be a Guest at WDW having to wear a mask. I'm waiting until either I'm rehired, hopefully towards the end of the year, or visit as a Guest when masks are no longer required.

I don't want to be a Guest at WDW having to wear a mask. I'm waiting until either I'm rehired, hopefully towards the end of the year, or visit as a Guest when masks are no longer required.
wait I thought you had retired?

Maingate passes have always been subject to blackout dates during busy times. My exhusband was a PT castmember at a Disney Store and his FT job was a school teacher so we always had to plan our trips around blackout dates and sometimes they would change on us. I would expect them to be in blackout as long as the capacity is limited and they are hitting it daily. He did get special tickets twice a year that didn’t have blackouts so they might be able to use them until the restrictions are lifted. But honestly, this is really probably a better question for the Hub by the castmember.

I wonder if there is any news in this regard? I know this is a super-low priority in the grand scheme of things – but it’s making it very hard to plan! My husband is a CM, we’re not in FL, and so don’t have the resources of local CMs to chat to about this. I have made a room reservation and entered for the Princess half in February (full rack rate). I wound up purchasing park entry for both of us for one day as insurance because I would be heartbroken to train for the half and then not be able to actually go *to* the MK during my trip. Yes, you do run through the castle during the half, but it isn’t the same as visiting the park. If main gate passes are unblocked by that point, I’m only out *gulp* $260. If the park reservation system is still in place by then, there’s a good chance there won’t be anything available whenever the passes are unblocked. We’ve had block out dates suddenly pop-up during our trip before…stuff happens.
I’m tempering my planning with the very real possibility that the pandemic will be the same or worse, so if us people are lucky enough to be at a place where we can even do things like big races, I will take my one day in the park and be more than happy with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter