Castaway Cay and Nassau day - What time can you leave the ship?

Scott Av

Earning My Ears
On the 4-day Wonder Cruise, what time do they allow guests to leave the ships to begin their day at Nassua and Castaway Cay?

And an additional question regarding Castaway Cay -
I've heard that it's a smart idea to be among the first to leave the ship when arriving at Castaway Cay to grab the best beach chairs w/umbrellas or a hammock. When I leave the ship, should I take a tram to the family beach area, or would I be better off just walking to the beach area?

Thanks,
Scott

I believe all ashore in Nassau is 9:30. I'm not sure, we were on an excursion, and they usually let the early excursions off first, and we left the ship around 9:15. At Castaway Cay, I believe all ashore is 9:00. We were one of the first ones off the boat, and rode the tram over to the family beach and had our choice of front row chairs and hammocks!!!

I believe both for Castaway Cay and Nassau, you may leave the ship at around 9:00 am

Ok, depending on whenyou are traveling, is how crowded Castaway Cay will be...packed ship=packed CC...if you are set on getting a hammock, which is a hot commodity, definitely leave the ship early and forego the post office until later....However, if you want an umbrella, you have extra time....I am basing this on experience...on our 1/9 3 day. CC was so "un-crowded", that we could have gotten there by noon and still snagged an umbrella...Also, if you want to get to the beach quick, take the tram...even if you have to wait 2 0or 3 mins, you will still beat all walkers

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter