Castaway Cay On A BAD Day.

Pixie Power!

DIS Veteran
I didnt get round to doing a trip report for my last trip/honeymoon, but as ive just worked out :confused: how to post pictures i thought that i would share a few with you.

This was Castaway Cay - It rained so hard, it hurt!

wetcasterway.jpg

The Shops (any excuse for more shopping)

casterwayshop.jpg

This is the view from the bar,where we were TOLD to shelter during the thunder and lightening. We had to spend at least one hour proping up the bar!:D (Not a great photo but im sure you get the idea of the weather conditions.

barview.jpg

With the weather been so bad, it just gives me yet another reason to go back, so that i can experience it in its full glory.
I hope that you like them, i will fish some more out soon.

Emma

I love any pics from the cruises-sooooo cool!The weather looks a little scary though!

I think you have a great reason to go back. Castaway Cay is awesome on a sunny day. Hope your trip was still great.

Wow! I can't believe you were able to dock at the island. I guess, it didn't rain like that all day. Were you able to swim at anytime during the day? We couldn't dock in severe winds and current. The Capt along with Capt Mickey tried to dock three times in the morning and then again three times after lunch, but everytime they got close to the dock, the ship was unable to dock within safety parameters. So close, and yet so far. A day a sea.

I love trip reports. Thanks for posting.
Tina
Wonder 1/17/02

That is my worst nightmare! I'm sorry that you had such bad weather. How was the rest of your cruise? I hope you had good weather the other days. Thanks for posting the pics. I hope I never have to experience that! You will have to try again. Castaway Cay is great.

The rest of the cruise was great, however we didnt get swim at Cataway cay due to the thunder. When we docked it was just misty and overcast with that look of rain in the air, but no strong winds. We were able to leave the ship first thing but then it started to rain, a little at first and then the heavens really opened. During the storm others were not aloud to leave the ship but once the storm had cleared they could do so again. unfortunately the sun show up for us that day or really on any day of the trip. Nassu was overcast but dry.

So there was no sunbathing for me, but i did get chance to try the pools out:D

Emma

My Daddy used to have a bumper sticker on his pick-up that said, "My WORST day fishing was better than my BEST day at work." I think perhaps the same could be said for Castaway Cay! Sorry your day wasn't sunny and here's hoping that your next trip makes up for it!!

That was our biggest fear planning so far ahead is that the weather would not be kind when we were at Castaway Cay or we would not be able to dock. We decided that we would get the swimming/snokeling out of the way at St. Maarten and St. Thomas/St. John so we did not feel cheated. We did have a beautiful day at CC but it was always in the back of our minds.
Good luck next time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter