Castaway Snorkeling Question

Just keep in mind, that snorkeling is also physically exhausting in itself. The whole getting used to breathing with the thing in your mouth constantly getting the water out of your goggles. If you’re not a really strong swimmer, I highly recommend getting a lifevest especially for kids even if they can swim it’s a way out there, and it’s nice to just lean back and float when you come back in and take your time Though I found the snorkeling vest that you can blow up. Even a little bit of air was a nice cushions, to float against.

I suggest that you bring your own snorkel and mask that you have practiced in the pool. Flippers are too bulky to pack but you can rent flippers on the beach. You will need the flippers to swim the distance in the lagoon.

-Paul

I'll run counterpoint because my 10 year old and I snorkeled all the way out to boundary without any problems. We also were able to stand in all but a few spots and those were no more than 9-10' deep. We did have flippers and that definitely makes a difference but I wouldn't classify CC as strenuous snorkeling at all.

Obviously the level of difficulty will depend on everyone's swimming skills and physical condition. Approximately how many yards are we talking? Approximately how many standard 25 yard pool lengths?

Obviously the level of difficulty will depend on everyone's swimming skills and physical condition. Approximately how many yards are we talking? Approximately how many standard 25 yard pool lengths?
I want to say about 250 yards out-please someone correct me if I have over or underestimated. But I have attached a map, so once you are out there you are swimming from place to place. Your mileage may vary.

Attachments

• Castaway-Cay-Map-new.jpg
    Castaway-Cay-Map-new.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 13

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter