Cat. 1 Wait Listed - Again!

chmb1

Frequent Flyer
Once again, we have been wait listed for a Cat. 1 (this time on 2/5/2005)!

Whenever I try to reserve a Cat. 1 (and I have done so for multiple cruises), I fail.

I have tried everything (faxes and calls) without any success.

Does anyone have any tips?

Has anyone who has been waitlisted ever made it?

Thanks,

Chris B.

One way is to call DCL and ask them when the Cat 1 is next available.

Also, allseastravel.com, gets cat 1 reservations, too. Give them a call.

I have no simpathy for anyone who complains about not getting a Cat 1 when I have trouble just affording a Cat 5. pirate:

Just kidding!! ;) ;)

My dream is to someday sail in one of the Cat. 1's. :boat:

It looks like I should book it now and then save for a couple of years to pay for it. :hyper: :hyper:

I am not sure what your situation is, so I apologize if this does not fit. On the Wonder, as I understand it, they hold the Category 1's and 2's to be used first by land/sea packages and only make them available to cruise only purchasers through the wait list. Could this explain your difficulty?

I was not aware of that. However, this is for a 7-day cruise so I do not believe that it is part of a land-sea package.

I am begining to think that the "wait list" is a myth and doesn't really exist...

Thanks,

Chris

Chris, here is what worked for us when we wanted a Cat. 2. We cruised May 2002 and booked the 7-day Western for July 2003 even though we really wanted a date in the summer of 2004 -- the 2004 dates weren't open yet. CM on board told us to book and then fax a request as soon as we got home giving them our booking number(s), what our request was (booked for Cat. 4 but wanted a Cat. 2), and a few optional sailing date. I did this as soon as we got home. When dates were opened for remainder of 2004 (I believe it was Dec. 30 of 2002) I called Disney and inquired about my request, gave them my booking number and was told that we had gotten our request for a Cat. 2. HTH

We just cruised on the 9/20 Magic in a cat. 1. We only upgraded to the Roy suite 4 weeks before the cruise because my family consists of four children, two who have autism ,so I was nervous about adjoining cabins. While on the cruise numerous people came up to me to ask me about the cabin saying they had tried for months to secure a cat. 1 but were told they were not available. Maybe Disney got a late cancellation. I don't know how it works, but I tried to rebook onboard, but couldn't because the cat 1 was booked for the next year and some! They did tell me that for future ships they are thinking of having one whole deck just for suites. Hope this helps a little.

I can not even imagine a Cat. 3 let alone Cat. 1!! :)
I agree try allseastravel as they seem to have suites held for them at time.

Chris -
We have been on 3 cruises and all were in a category 1. The way to get one of these suites is be FLEXIBLE. We generally book our cruise 2 years in advance and ask DCL what category 1 suites are available for any week during the general time we want to go.
We have only gotten the exact week that we originally wanted once but all 3 times we have gotten a category 1 in the vacinity of our preference and had a great time each cruise. Believe me,
these suites are worth the time, effort, cost and the long wait !!!

Today I somehow managed to get a Cat 2 for the 2/5/2005 Eastern but am still waitlisted (drat!) for the Cat 1.

Thanks for all of the great tips. Unfortunately, that week appears to be etched in stone in terms of flexibility.

Chris

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter