Category 4 only choice?

Best method for booking

• DCL

• Travel Agent

• AAA

Results are only viewable after voting.

reddaddy04

Earning My Ears
I'm in process of booking our 1st Disney Cruise, Feb 14 04 Western. 3 DD's will be ages 7,4,2. Anyone know whether Cat 4 or higher are only choices for 5 people, even with one under 3? Also, any advantages to bow vs stern rooms?

If you all want to be in one room, yes, the #4 or above are your only choices. I booked 2 connecting rooms in a lower cateogry. We got more space, extra bathroom, some separation and had a great trip. It saved a bit of money as well! And yes, even little ones count in the room total.

I always do my own booking then give it over to our TA - cruisetraveloutlet.com where I get a 7% rebate off the cost of the trip/airfare.

I have control issues!!!!

Rae

Just keep in mind.....If you want to change anything about your cruise....(type of room, connecting rooms, dinning time etc.) you have to go through your TA, if you use a TA. I have control issues also and have actually loss a set of connecting rooms because I had to wait until the next day to have the TA call for me. I will never use a TA again! But if you want someone else to do the calling I would go with the TA that is offering me the best deal. (extras: like free soda mugs etc. )

:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

I have to agree with my3kids. I would get ajoining rooms. It gives th kids space to play and also gives mom & dad some privacy when needed You can always leave the door open and make it into your own "two room suite".

Jennifer

We are going on our first cruise in 5 weeks in a cat. 4, we also have 3 kids. For our cruise next summer (if we go) we have two adjoining cat. 10 rooms since we are paying cash (the first one is mostly on DVC points). Getting two category 10 rooms, even though we are paying for 4 adults and 1 child instead of 2 adults 3 children, will cost us $2000 less than one cat. 4 room on a 7 day western. And we got two of the SPH cat. 10 rooms!
Robin M.

Hi reddaddy04.

any advantages to bow vs stern rooms?

If you intend to book a category 4 deck 8 stateroom, you may want to be careful. Some aft cabins are located below Topsiders which might prove to be somewhat noisy. And certain midship locations could place you underneath either the Mickey or Goofy pool. Sorry but i am unfamiliar with the cabins on any other deck...

Hey Rae---

I have control issues!!!!

Cruise-Booking Rage???...

Originally posted by Buckaroo's Dad
[
Cruise-Booking Rage???... [/B]

Something like that!!!!!!!
I need therapy, BD - lots of therapy (preferably on the ship!)

Rae

We seem to have turned into the right wave length, BD! My chiropractor now has a massage therapist in his office. I get an hour massage weekly for $40.00 - she's wonderful!

Rae

Sounds as if 2 lower cat rooms may be the way to go. Guess the only thing we'll be giving up is the veranda? Any other advantages to cat 4 that might justify the additional $$?

I would look into getting a cat 6 (with verandah) and a cat 11 directly across the hall. This gives you the verandah, another bathroom, and 2 rooms.

The downside is that the adults would have to split. But, I wouldn't have any prob in a cat 11 with the 3 year old and put DH in the room with the verandah and the other 2 kids.

I LOVE the verandah and would not want to give it up.

I priced this for my sister and my Mom and the inside cat 11 was very inexpensive. (Well, as inexpensive as Disney can be. :rolleyes: )

Hi Reddaddy04

We are going on the 2/14/04 Magic also. We have a 7 year old daughter and an 11 year old son and are from Bayside, Queens.

Jeffrey

Originally posted by reddaddy04
Anyone know whether Cat 4 or higher are only choices for 5 people, even with one under 3?

Those are the only ones that sleep 5. You could try for adjoining rooms, but we loved our Cat 4. (8076 - aft) PERFECT location!!

We have booked directly and used TA before. I personally perfer doing direct booking so I know exactly what I'm getting and when. That way if there's any surprises it's my own fault.
So far I've done a pretty good job....if I say so myself !!!!

Hey Jeffrey- Great to hear from someone else on our cruise, especially someone from the same area! February seems so far away, though.

Our experience with a family of five. We have twice had the Cat 4. We would spend time in the room and I think this was due to the tranquility of the verandah. We would order the fruit and cheese plate from room service and spend some time outside in the evenings with a glass of wine.
The Cat 4 room we had was near the rear elevators #8084 on both cruises. We liked this locations because of its proximity to the elevator, Deck 9/10 and the drink station on drink 9 ( only a quick flight of stairs). We felt it was worth the money.

Rae:

Rieann has a bad back.

Sam's club sells a very good quality massage table for $170 and I got a copy of Massages for Dummies.

Best $200 I ever spent.......

BUT On Topic...

I prefer to book with DCL than do the transfer.

I think you would get a better/easier room selection that way, then get all the benefits of the TA when you transfer.

PLUS, my TA doesn't mind me calling ever so often for the specials I learn about on here.

IMHO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter