CBR $75 Gift Card deal ending

I had emailed Disney asking about the giftcards and ability to add a promo and just received the following response:

"We will be starting refurbishment at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort on May 1, 2017. This will be a two year project to make the Old Port Royal area upgraded and more comfortable for our guests. While we reimagine our Resort, you will notice construction work in various areas. Noise may be heard while this work is being completed, but noise should not be heard from your Guest room between dusk and 9:00am daily.
We apologize for the inconvenience the refurbishment at Disney's Caribbean Beach will cause. As a token of our gratitude for your patience and understanding, upon arrival to the Resort, Guests staying at Caribbean Beach Resort during the refurbishment, will receive a $75 Disney Gift Card, per night, per room. You will be given the gift cards upon check in for the nights of your stay starting May 1, 2017. This gift card can be used at participating Walt Disney World® Resort Food & Beverage and Merchandise locations, Disney Store locations in the United States, DisneyStore.com and MyDisneyPhotoPass.com. For complete terms and conditions please visit DisneyGiftCard.com
If a special offer comes out and you qualify for the special offer you will still receive the gift cards upon check in.
We hope this information helps with the planning of a Magical visit!
If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us."

It looks like we will be able to add another promo and still get the gift cards.

I had emailed Disney asking about the giftcards and ability to add a promo and just received the following response:

"We will be starting refurbishment at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort on May 1, 2017. This will be a two year project to make the Old Port Royal area upgraded and more comfortable for our guests. While we reimagine our Resort, you will notice construction work in various areas. Noise may be heard while this work is being completed, but noise should not be heard from your Guest room between dusk and 9:00am daily.
We apologize for the inconvenience the refurbishment at Disney's Caribbean Beach will cause. As a token of our gratitude for your patience and understanding, upon arrival to the Resort, Guests staying at Caribbean Beach Resort during the refurbishment, will receive a $75 Disney Gift Card, per night, per room. You will be given the gift cards upon check in for the nights of your stay starting May 1, 2017. This gift card can be used at participating Walt Disney World® Resort Food & Beverage and Merchandise locations, Disney Store locations in the United States, DisneyStore.com and MyDisneyPhotoPass.com. For complete terms and conditions please visit DisneyGiftCard.com
If a special offer comes out and you qualify for the special offer you will still receive the gift cards upon check in.

It looks like we will be able to add another promo and still get the gift cards.

THANK YOU!!! Even though CBR won't be having any other promos this year ;)

" As a token of our gratitude for your patience and understanding, upon arrival to the Resort, Guests staying at Caribbean Beach Resort during the refurbishment, will receive a $75 Disney Gift Card, per night, per room. "

Unless you are among the Guests they have decided do not deserve a token of their gratitiude for your patience and understanding!lol:)

Well, the writer of the email does say "IF a special offer comes out" not when.

I'm well aware of what was written. I'm just thinking/hoping that free dining will still apply to CBR when and if it comes out.

Last edited:
It may change going forward but as of today they have exceeded their target occupancy rate for the rest of 2017. With them removing 9 buildings, it really cuts that number down. They are looking into where to move people with existing reservations as they are over capacity for most of October and November.

Do you know which 9 buildings will be closed down? Is it all of Barbados? Others??

Wow-I had assumed they had decided that the inconveniences warranted the GC for the duration.

I'm thinking they are going to have a hard time getting Guests to book there without the GC offer.

I don't know, there are a lot of ppl. who won't know or probably even realize it's such an issue...I'm sure that's what they're banking on. There's no way I'd stay at a resort without a working food court, but I'm sure there are a good amount of ppl. who won't think about it.

I'm just curious if people realize that if they modify their current reservation for any future special deal such as free dining that that counts as a new reservation. I hope that then reservations is clear in communicating that perhaps they are disqualified for the gift card as the reservation is after 19 March.

I'm just curious if people realize that if they modify their current reservation for any future special deal such as free dining that that counts as a new reservation. I hope that then reservations is clear in communicating that perhaps they are disqualified for the gift card as the reservation is after 19 March.
That's exactly what the bold below is referring to

Oops just now saw that email abobe that. Clarifies this.

That's exactly what the bold below is referring to
I think the catch is going to be that qualifying for a "special offer" usually means a NEW reservation...which wouldn't include gift cards. People forget that part of it.

I think the catch is going to be that qualifying for a "special offer" usually means a NEW reservation...which wouldn't include gift cards. People forget that part of it.
I thought of that. Then it dawned on me that it refers to qualify for the offer, not qualify to keep the gift card. It's fairly clear that if you qualify for the offer you keep the gift card. The bigger thing will be qualifying for the promo

Because I'm forgoing the application of any possible future discounts.
How do you figure that you are forgoing future discounts? A resort being excluded from discounts due to already being at quota isn't the same thing as forgoing discounts. Resorts are included/excluded all the time.

I thought of that. Then it dawned on me that it refers to qualify for the offer, not qualify to keep the gift card. It's fairly clear that if you qualify for the offer you keep the gift card. The bigger thing will be qualifying for the promo
I would think the "new" reservation is the promo qualifier, which would, in turn, drop the GC, since that would no longer be an offer if it's a new reservation. Think of how many times in the past we've seen people that had to drop or add a day to their reservation, or shift it by a couple of days to qualify for a promo.

I would think the "new" reservation is the promo qualifier, which would, in turn, drop the GC, since that would no longer be an offer if it's a new reservation. Think of how many times in the past we've seen people that had to drop or add a day to their reservation, or shift it by a couple of days to qualify for a promo.
I guess we'll just have to see. I think if you are room only to room only and package to package it will not be an issue. I think a real grey area exists if you are going room only to package. Same to same you can do online yourself and you do not make a new reservation, you modify an existing reservation. Room only to package is a brand new reservation, new number and all.

Well 15 pages later, and still clear as mud. Different info from phone CM's, TA's, emails from CM's, statements made about no further discounts for 2017 at CBR, GC confirmation emails, combining GC offer with room discount or free dining, what causes an existing reservation to become a new reservation ,etc...

How do you figure that you are forgoing future discounts? A resort being excluded from discounts due to already being at quota isn't the same thing as forgoing discounts. Resorts are included/excluded all the time.

I booked CBR because of the $75 Gift Card. Call it a discount or compensation whatever nomenclature you use my $220 a night King room now is valued at $145 which amounts to a 34.1% savings, approximately. That percentage off is far and above any AP, Florida, or general public discount I've ever seen available at a moderate hotel. If I am to be moved because Disney oversold the resort, the gift card should move with me.

I could very easily have not booked CBR with the $75 GC and wait till the Fall discounts come out and avail myself of whatever resort I picked at that time.

If Disney moves us to a comparable moderate resort I may be getting an increase in amenities: Food Court, Sit Down Restaurant and Bar/Lounge, but I am also at a loss of a possible discount; historically that discount is about 30%. They could give me that discount while moving me and I'd be happy. Guess that would save them about $9.

Perhaps I'm wasting my breath here, hope I've explained myself well and won't get flamed...

I booked CBR because of the $75 Gift Card. Call it a discount or compensation whatever nomenclature you use my $220 a night King room now is valued at $145 which amounts to a 34.1% savings, approximately. That percentage off is far and above any AP, Florida, or general public discount I've ever seen available at a moderate hotel. If I am to be moved because Disney oversold the resort, the gift card should move with me.

I could very easily have not booked CBR with the $75 GC and wait till the Fall discounts come out and avail myself of whatever resort I picked at that time.

If Disney moves us to a comparable moderate resort I may be getting an increase in amenities: Food Court, Sit Down Restaurant and Bar/Lounge, but I am also at a loss of a possible discount; historically that discount is about 30%. They could give me that discount while moving me and I'd be happy. Guess that would save them about $9.

Perhaps I'm wasting my breath here, hope I've explained myself well and won't get flamed...
Oh, you are talking about a forced move, not a voluntary move. That is different. No idea what they'll do but I can understand now why you'd wonder. If you volunteer to move I would think you would forgo a gift card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter