CBR $75 Gift Card deal ending

Absolutely!!! Anyone who books going forward knows about the construction and they can find out how disruptive it will be with some research. If they still decided to book, why give a discount?

Exactly what I was going to say. It makes sense. Look at the people on here saying essentially they are booking there because of the gift card.

It's like when a school system has to take away days from vacations because of too many snow (or hurricane) days. Every case I've seen of that has included the caveat that "If you show proof of tickets already being purchased by a set date" (usually the date of the announcement) "your absence will be excused." But you can't go and buy a ticket for the original whole break AFTER the announcement is made and expect to have the absences excused.

I think that CBR will be offered at a discounted price compared to other moderates once the gift card deal is done. The disruption is too great to expect guests to muddle through while paying regular prices.

I think you are correct. The resort will be less than the normal rate, which is what Disney should have done in the first place. Be honest about the possibility of construction once the plans were in place, reduce the rate as compensation for the disruption and go from there. Guests can determine if the reduced rate is worth the inconvenience. I have no idea why Disney doesn't learn. This is not the first time they tried to tell guests to deal with it and then have a huge problem as they back pedaled to correct the mistake.

Hi! Anyone know what room categories were available on the CB Free Dining Bounce Back?

. The disruption is too great to expect guests to muddle through while paying regular prices.
ESPECIALLY since Disney has ACKNOWLEDGED the "disruption" is too great and has COMPENSATED Guests with a GC.

If they had never started giving Guests the GC and their only "offer" was to move a Guest to another Resort,that would have been fine.

But now If they don't compensate ALL Guests in some way,they are going to be saying that they think some Guests deserve to be compensated for the less-than-normal Guest Experience and other Guests do not deserve the same consideration.JMHO:)

Be honest about the possibility of construction once the plans were in place, reduce the rate as compensation for the disruption and go from there. Guests can determine if the reduced rate is worth the inconvenience.
Definitely.

Or even just only offer a Guest the option to change Resorts-even that would have been OK.

It is this compensation for some but not for others that is not "Disney-like".JMHO:)

I am actually surprised that they are giving out gift cards for a resort under construction to new bookings. You know it's under construction when you book it! There is really nothing to compensate for.

That was my thought as well. I thought it would only be for those who booked before the construction was announced. Maybe they kept it up until they could figure out a room discount for the construction period after they realized that would be necessary?

I will be in WDW January 2018 and phoned today to book through runDisney (doing the races) and was told that I wouldn't get GCs if I stayed at CBR, that they were only for people who booked before the construction announcement, of course that completely contradicts what others have been told/received via email.

I was just looking at the WDW site this morning to see about adding a day to my trip in May. The note when you clicked on the refurbishment details at the top of the booking page used to explicitly mention that guests booking would get the $75/night gift card. Today, it does not.

I will be in WDW January 2018 and phoned today to book through runDisney (doing the races) and was told that I wouldn't get GCs if I stayed at CBR, that they were only for people who booked before the construction announcement, of course that completely contradicts what others have been told/received via email.

OH NO that doesn't sound good, what about the people that have booked in the past 3 or 4 weeks are they now going to say they cant have the gifts cards!!, I
booked based on $75 gift card, it was the only way we could make it work became our dollar is so low. I will be very angry ifthey take that away!!!! wth can Disney offer something then you book because of it, then take it away??

I see on the Disney site, the mention of gift cards is now gone ):

OH NO that doesn't sound good, what about the people that have booked in the past 3 or 4 weeks are they now going to say they cant have the gifts cards!!, I
booked based on $75 gift card, it was the only way we could make it work became our dollar is so low. I will be very angry ifthey take that away!!!! wth can Disney offer something then you book because of it, then take it away??

I see on the Disney site, the mention of gift cards is now gone ):
I don't know that anyone said they are taking away the cards from those that have booked prior to today. I wouldn't jump to that conclusion.

I was just looking at the WDW site this morning to see about adding a day to my trip in May. The note when you clicked on the refurbishment details at the top of the booking page used to explicitly mention that guests booking would get the $75/night gift card. Today, it does not.

Interesting. The regular rack rates are listed for our dates in December. Website is showing no discount or reduction in price due to the construction. I guess Disney is thinking the buffet & temporry food options are adequate. They didn't reduce rates at Poly or WL with their big construction projects right? So not surprised they aren't doing it at CBR. It is buyer beware!

I don't know that anyone said they are taking away the cards from those that have booked prior to today. I wouldn't jump to that conclusion.
Yes that reassuring to hear, I am going to email Disney just to be sure. It will be interesting to see what discounts or offers they are going to put out there though. If staying at CB doesn't get you any more discount than the other moderates, in terms of room discounts or free dining,if and when they are offered, I cant see people booking there over the other moderates if they are under construction.
And yes I think Disney might have some disgruntled if they are giving gift cards to some people for the inconvenience of staying there and not others.

I think you are correct. The resort will be less than the normal rate, which is what Disney should have done in the first place. Be honest about the possibility of construction once the plans were in place, reduce the rate as compensation for the disruption and go from there. Guests can determine if the reduced rate is worth the inconvenience. I have no idea why Disney doesn't learn. This is not the first time they tried to tell guests to deal with it and then have a huge problem as they back pedaled to correct the mistake.
My guess is that the gift card was a stop gap compensation measure for people who booked before the construction was announced. Otherwise, they would have to basically re-book all those people under the new rate.

So early this morning (March 17th) I booked a room at CBR for October especially for the gift cards. When I booked there was the 75 dollar gift card mention on the construction notice. Now when I check a few hours later it's gone. Of course I forgot to make a screengrab. I hope it's like in the message the TA's received that the gift card promotion is valid when you book before March 18th, because that would still include bookings made today. I hope Disney officially announces these dates clearly or else I will have to cancel because I don't want to pay rack rate during the construction.

Interesting that the Pardon our Pixie Dust pop-up has changed. I booked 5 nights in September Wednesday night, then modified it yesterday to add 2 more days. Both days, the Pardon our Pixie Dust pop-up had the note about the gift card offer. I have a screen print from both days with it. We like CBR and figured we would stay there for part of our trip anyway. But the $75 GC was the determining factor in reserving now with normal rack rates. Otherwise, I would have waited for the late summer discounts to be posted. I'm a little paranoid something will go wrong, but hopefully the fact that I booked while this offer was still clearly posted on the site means we will receive what we expect.

Reactions: lor

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter