CCI vs HoJo

RamblinRed

Earning My Ears
My family will be visiting San Diego and Los Angeles in early May.

We plan on visiting Disneyland and would like to stay close enough to the park to walk (easier to get our 2-yr old back to the hotel for a nap while allowing the older child and parent to stay in the park).

I have seen alot of positive reviews for both the Candy Cane Inn and HoJo and have found excellent rates at both.

We will have 2 adults and 2 kids -ages 2 and 11. Which hotel do you think would be better for my family and why?

Thanks
RamblinRed

The Candy Cane Inn is really nice and pretty and has free breakfast but I would choose HoJo for you.
1 Rooms are a bit bigger
2 Most rooms have a balcony
3 There are two pools, one being pretty big compared to CCI's one smallish pool. There is a little wading pool with a squirting turtle nearby.

We have a 9YO and 6YO and stayed at the HoJo in December and loved it - great pool, great rooms, superb service, 10 minute walk to DL and Mimi's across the street.

I can only tell you of our HoJo experience from last week.

We just stayed at the HoJo and it was the nicest hotel offsite that we have stayed at in my opinion. They were friendly and very helpful. We put their service to the test...not on purpose. I think it was Monday morning, we woke up to our 1 year old sounding her alarm (fussing wanting out of her crib). After I woke up a bit I heard a drip. Then my dw and I noticed the ceiling was bubbling and leaking on our (fortunately) closed suitcase. We had a nice view from our 4th floor room in building 2, too. I called and they had a room ready for us to move into when we were ready. They brought the keys and a cart for us to use right away. It was on the 2nd floor of the same building so we didn't have to get wet moving rooms.

The rooms that we had were large with 2 queen beds and since the rooms are larger, the crib was never in the way. Free internet access, but a little troublesome. Duplicate IP conflict in our first room and then I had to rewire the connectivity in the 2nd room due to a previous guest messing with the cables. The pools looked very nice. There were kids enjoying the one by building 2 even in the rain and cooler temperatures. The 2nd room had about a 12 inch balcony...not enough to really step out on, but the one on the 4th floor was much larger. Dual sink bathrooms were nice.

Mimi's was very good for breakfast on the way to the parks.

We might try Candy Cane Inn on a future trip. I have read many good things about it, too.

After talking with my family last night we have made a reservation at the HoJo today.

RamblinRed

I have narrowed down our trip to these two hotels, too! I have listed the pros for both and they really balance out. The only difference for us is the price (about $25 more for CC), but then there is free continental breakfast at CC. I'm trying to decide if it would cost us more than that for breakfast for the 4 of us. Then again, I like the idea of having a nice full breakfast (rather than just continental) and skipping lunch. Oh, I am torn... torn I tell ya!

BTW, how's Mimis?

Mimi's is superb and for about $30 -$40 you could feed a family of four breakfast there - but this would be a huge breakfast.

They did superb omelettes, pancakes, fresh juices, hash browns etc - highly recommended.

Mimi's has good food and is easy to access from HoJo. I have never had breakfast at that location so don't know how crowded it gets. I suspect it would cost a bit more than the difference at the CCI. It still would probably balance out. You should pick which one appeals to you the most!... I know that can be hard to do. I have that trouble when choosing a place at WDW.

Hate to be the only one, but if I had my pick b/w the two, hands down it would be CANDY CANE!

We really love the CCI for what you get...down comforters, spa products in the bath, breakfast by the pool every morning, etc. The rooms are small, but equivalent to the higher end hotels in furnishings/amenities. If you are looking at the same price, I could not imagine choosing the HoJo over the CCI.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter