CDC Notifies States, Large Cities To Prepare For Vaccine Distribution As Soon As Late October

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me be clear....I am not discrediting even speculation that the vaccine might help some issues. But, it goes both ways. Many here don't want to admit that there have been speculative problems too. You can't have it both ways when it comes to speculation. Good and bad both should be taken into consideration.

I just said that because in previous conversations when I have brought up various points, it is followed by someone saying, do you have a link, is there a study to prove that, correlation doesn't equal causation. Just trying to keep a level playing field when bringing up points that are purely speculative. The side effects can go both ways :)
We know how you feel about the vaccine. It wasn't about going both ways it was about if you're going to bring up observations women have reported with menstrual cycles you chose to only present one side when there are observational reports of the opposite (lighter and shorter). I don't care that you brought it up, I was just saying bring it up then try and be more impartial about it

This is me. I had shot #2 on April 10. A week later, I had the shortest, lightest period I've had in many, many years. It started right on time (so no cycle length impact from shot #1) but was done within 3 days with only one day of what I would call moderate flow. And NO cramps, which is unusual for me.

My sister has lupus - no flares with her shots.

I skipped my period after my second shot, which I never do. My 82 year old dad also had major heart surgery/subsequent blood clots around that time and quite frankly, I'm 47, so could have been anything.

(I was hoping I was "done" but came back normal next month)

I'm aware it is anecdotal. So is saying that the vaccine is helping autoimmune diseases. It can go either way.

That's nice? I was just giving my families personal experience. I didn't say anything about whether a vaccine does or does not help autoimmune diseases. I am not a rheumatologist, immunologist, or any other kind of -ologist.

OK, the direction of this thread has caused me to play Golden Dream on The American Adventure!
Great music and even greater sentiment.
As a fellow citizen of the world I think the conversation between Franklin and Twain at the end makes a lot of sense for all of us.
Going to play We Go On from Illuminations next.
Might even get to visit again, eventually!!

ford family

This is me. I had shot #2 on April 10. A week later, I had the shortest, lightest period I've had in many, many years. It started right on time (so no cycle length impact from shot #1) but was done within 3 days with only one day of what I would call moderate flow. And NO cramps, which is unusual for me.

I had shot #1 on March 31. I’m actually on medication for heavy bleeding and I didn’t need to take it this past cycle! I was astonished. I get shot #2 next week and am hoping for one more light cycle! It was amazing!

My period according to my tracker (because my period never follows the same pattern) was a few days early which was 4 days days before my second shot, it had lasted 9 days (normal is 5-7) but the last 3 days were very very light but absolutely no cramps blessedly. I almost never get a period without 3 days of awfulness. For context second shot was 4/16.

Whether it was from the stress of worrying over what side effects I would get (which I had talked about on a different thread weeks ago) or the vaccine I don't know. Knowing how our cycles can affected by all sorts of things I wouldn't be able to def. say. The only stronger connection is the length of the period which would be considered as not having happened before for that length for me.

Stress has def. made my period come on early or late and I do get periods without pain it's just much less frequent.

From Wash Po...

"133.3 million vaccinated - The number of people who have received at least one dose of the vaccine, covering 49.9% of the eligible population, 16 and older and 40.1% of the total population."

We should surpass 50% of eligible adults for 1st dose any day now...and we just passed 40% of total population, so we're still on our way!

We know how you feel about the vaccine. It wasn't about going both ways it was about if you're going to bring up observations women have reported with menstrual cycles you chose to only present one side when there are observational reports of the opposite (lighter and shorter). I don't care that you brought it up, I was just saying bring it up then try and be more impartial about it
I only brought that up because another poster brought up that there were some cases where the vaccine helped endometriosis. This made me think of the menstrual problems I heard women were having (they go hand in hand). I actually was presenting the other side of the original post so I wasn't just randomly presenting one side....lol. People need to hear both sides to make an educated decision.

Let me be clear....I am not discrediting even speculation that the vaccine might help some issues. But, it goes both ways. Many here don't want to admit that there have been speculative problems too. You can't have it both ways when it comes to speculation. Good and bad both should be taken into consideration.

Well, to provide some balance, while I experienced lighter than normal period after my second shot, my 16 year old son had an unusual bleeding occurence 3 days after his that is now being investigated by his pediatrician in consultation with a hematologist after a blood test revealed unusually elevated PTT and INR values (part of the clotting cascade). We are going to follow up with more testing in 2 weeks to see if the levels return to normal and to check for a few more things (Factor 7 and some liver function tests). The hematologist would not definitively rule out the vaccine being the cause, yet, although she had not heard of something like this happening in 16 year old vaccine recipients. Maybe my son will be pediatric "patient zero" with this particular issue? Who knows. I just know that prior to this shot, he didn't bleed heavily for 25 minutes after picking, essentially, a hangnail. But he did last week and it was very alarming. He habitually does that and never bled like that before the second shot, so I don't know what else to blame it on.

That said, I have NO regrets getting him vaccinated and will have no reservations when it comes time to get my 15 year old vaccinated.

People need to hear both sides to make an educated decision.
Yup, exactly. Which is why if you're going to bring it up..bring up both sides :)

If you had said "women with endo are reporting their cycles are worse and/or longer" that would have been presenting the other side to the person's coin. But you weren't. You were discussing generally by saying "women's menstrual cycles getting worse, women in menopause bleeding again" The other side of that coin is women experiencing lighter and shorter periods or periods not being as bad observationally.

I'm going to stop going back and forth here, hopefully you can understand what I was getting at about discussing impartially :)

Yup, exactly. Which is why if you're going to bring it up..bring up both sides :)

If you had said "women with endo are reporting their cycles are worse and/or longer" that would have been presenting the other side to the person's coin. But you weren't. You were discussing generally by saying "women's menstrual cycles getting worse, women in menopause bleeding again" The other side of that coin is women experiencing lighter and shorter periods or periods not being as bad.

I'm going to stop going back and forth here, hopefully you can understand what I was getting at about discussing impartially :)
Please do because you don't understand what I was doing. I was replying to one side that was brought up with the other side. I didn't bring it up initially....lol. Next time I will make sure people know what I am responding to. I rarely bring up my own points. I respond to others. Have a nice day.

Well, to provide some balance, while I experienced lighter than normal period after my second shot, my 16 year old son had an unusual bleeding occurence 3 days after his that is now being investigated by his pediatrician in consultation with a hematologist after a blood test revealed unusually elevated PTT and INR values (part of the clotting cascade). We are going to follow up with more testing in 2 weeks to see if the levels return to normal and to check for a few more things (Factor 7 and some liver function tests). The hematologist would not definitively rule out the vaccine being the cause, yet, although she had not heard of something like this happening in 16 year old vaccine recipients. Maybe my son will be pediatric "patient zero" with this particular issue? Who knows. I just know that prior to this shot, he didn't bleed heavily for 25 minutes after picking, essentially, a hangnail. But he did last week and it was very alarming. He habitually does that and never bled like that before the second shot, so I don't know what else to blame it on.

That said, I have NO regrets getting him vaccinated and will have no reservations when it comes time to get my 15 year old vaccinated.
Thank you for that story. There are definitely positives and negatives with this vaccine. That's why it's so important to make the decisions we think are best for our families regarding the vaccine.

Please do because you don't understand what I was doing. I was replying to one side that was brought up with the other side. I didn't bring it up initially....lol. Next time I will make sure people know what I am responding to. I rarely bring up my own points. I respond to others. Have a nice day.
Whew all this period talk haha!

I think if you look back at the post you were initially quoted you might understand what MCM is trying to say. You responded to a person who was discussing the condition of endometriosis getting better not about women's cycles. No one had even said that women's cycles got better and that didn't follow the conversation originally brought up about covid symptoms getting better after vaccination. But you responded by talking about women's cycles and only talking about the negative effects women had been reporting saying you needed to give the other side but there was no other side present for you to counter.

I think this is just your own perception which is fair. To you the one side presented was happy go lucky about women's periods so you felt like you needed to give the not so happy go lucky side but that wasn't the actual topic the person mentioned. It was really just about the disorder of endometriosis which matches the train of thought about a vaccine and existing symptoms getting better after vaccination and which isn't the same as talking about any possible effects a vaccine had on a women's cycle which from what I had read is positive, negative and completely neutral (no effect).

That's all I'm going to say here, I bet the thread has had enough talk on that subject for the day :laughing:

Flaring of autoimmune diseases are also happening with people who are getting Covid, even minor cases.

Which shouldn't be at all surprising, on either count (vaccine or infection), since both viral illness and vaccines are known to be potential triggers for flares in a general sense. I have a fairly rare autoimmune disorder and have only had two significant flares, the first and worst shortly after having the flu and a much milder one after a tetanus booster. I scheduled my annual monitoring visit for a few weeks after my second dose this spring instead of in March like normal, just to be on the safe side since it is easier to treat a flare if we catch it early.

Thank you for that story. There are definitely positives and negatives with this vaccine. That's why it's so important to make the decisions we think are best for our families regarding the vaccine.

You're welcome. I don't believe in either sugar coating things or catastrophizing things. I operate primarily under the guidance of facts and logic, with a healthy sprinkling of skepticism and optimism. I always try to find the bright side, but I don't ignore the dark side either. Balance in all things is best, I have found.

It is always important to have more information than less, in my opinion.

It's an off the rails episode waiting to happen.
I think the other talk about liberties and all was in a different league than the period talk. It just went on for longer than most of the other people on the thread probably wished it had haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter