CDG to DLP

GO2209

Mouseketeer
Off to Disney in a couple of weeks. We are flying with BA, so will be arriving at terminal 2B. What is the best way to get to DLP?

TGV appears to be the quickest - but we arrive at 9.30 and the next available train would be the 11.24. A long wait. However, we could still be in the park by lunchtime!

The VEA would only entail a 20 minute maximum wait, but I have heard that the transfer can take forever. We are at the DisneyLand hotel, which is the last drop on-site.

Taxi fares vary between expensive and extortionate.. I can prebook a limousine for the same price (but what a price!)

http://www.silvershuttle.biz seems a good compromise, but is a bit of an unknown?

Dilemma! Is the VEA as bad as I have heard? What are the towncar/shuttle services like? Any other suggestions?

We used the bus service from the airport to the hotel when we went. We got lucky and as we walked out the door the bus was pulling up so we did not have to wait at all. We were not in a hurry to get there though, after flying all night I was just happy to be there. We stayed at Newport Bay, with all the resorts being together it was not that big of a deal that the bus stopped at the other hotels before us, each stop was like 5 minutes if that...

When we go to Paris we will also be arriving in terminal 2. Could someone please tell me how to take the TGV from terminal 2?

Thanks!

Could you tell me where you find the TGV fares and schedules? I'm also looking to go from CDG to DLP.

Smilingmouse -Here is a map of CDG. See seventh post down on this thread as well. You're definitely in the right area for the TGV.

vcunning - Here is one of the TGV sites. It's the only one I've managed to use with any success so far, but others may post a better one!

And finally G02209 - I've never had any problems with the VEA shuttle. It takes about 45 mins and then of course there are all the drop offs. But I enjoy those - I realise I'm at DLP when I see all the different hotels. Also, it's fun seeing who gets off where, especially after the Cheyenne, when people getting off there realise the people who are left must be off to the Posh Places!!! ;) Especially in your case!!! Have a wonderful time!

From my previous post I can definitely recommend silvershuttle.
Had never used them before. Even with uplanned toilet stop for children (into fastfood outlet) CDG to Holiday Inn was 30 minutes approx.

Jodyb had a disappointment that they don't operate in January.

There is something reasuring about exiting arrivals and a driver with your name meeting you inside the terminal.

Have a wonderful time.

Regards
Reid :jester:

TGV can be booked on www.sncf.com - the tickets can be delivered to a UK address. For two adults the total fare was 85 euros.

I have had problems with the site - go to this page and click 'timetable' seems to work. I had some problems with the form resetting on the opening page.

I think the TGV would be my first choice, but I don't fancy waiting around. I'd rather be moving, albeit slowly! I am now 50/50 between VEA and Silvershuttle...

I've just re read Jodyb's post about booking Silvershuttle and she said they didn't require any credit card info or prepayment of any kind.

So why not book them to pick you up, and if they don't show - hop on the VEA!?!

Bexx

nothing to be lost by your approach. I'm sure they will turn up. But we had exactly the same thought that VEA was always available as an option.

regards
Reid :jester:

Just so I'm clear on using the RER to get from CDG to DLP, we need to catch the train in terminal 2, correct?

My mom and I are flying to Paris via Amsterdam (We go from Duluth, to Minneapolis to Amsterdam to Paris). The Amsterdam to Paris flight is on KLM (and code-shared with Northwest). I've been told that KLM flights now arrive in Terminal 2 rather than terminal 1 due to the new alliance between KLM and Air France. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks again! You guys are the greatest!

See ya when the boards come back :)

I so hope for you and your mom that you are right about the terminal change. We flew KLM last year and arriving in Terminal 1 almost made me want to turn around and go right home. It was a disgusting excuse for an airport! However, the VEA was right outside the door, and it was no problem at all riding it to our Disney hotel. I would use them again if we were not arriving 3 hours before they start running this time!

On another note, how long is your layover in Amsterdam? If it is a couple of hours or more, I have some passes to the Crowne Lounge in Schiphol airport where you and your mom can enjoy free snacks, very clean rest rooms, and a comfortable wait. I would be happy to mail them to you (is there time? When do you leave?) Having the lounge can really make it so much more pleasant - makes it unnecessary to change money and to buy expensive airport snacks.. (of course if you are traveling business class you don't need these as you will be admitted to the lounge anyway). email me at jodyb@tx.technion.ac.il if you would like the passes!

Jody,

Tjank you sooooo much! That's really nice of you! Mom and I would love to use these. I will PM you our addresss information. There should be enough time for us to receive them. We don't leave for another 6 weeks (wish it was sooner :)) Our layover will be a few hours in Amsterdam, so this will be much appreciated!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter