Cdn. at Par - July 4th????

I had 13 nights booked at ASMu with an AP rate at the end of Sept and my total through CRO was $785 US. I made the exact same reservations last night with the Cdn Par code and my 13 nights are now $695 US. Works out to a savings of $7 US/night but it converts to about $144 Cdn for the length of our stay. The CM I spoke to was great because she said there was a lot of confusion yesterday when people were calling in and not understanding why they were being quoted in US $. I had already done the math at $77 Cdn plus tax so when I converted the $54.47US/night to Cdn money, it came out to exactly the same (about $86 Cdn/night including taxes). Needless to say, I'm a very happy person right about now. Now to find a way to pay for those darned passes :rolleyes:

Mary Liz

Leezah: Are you absolutely sure that the $1991 you were quoted was in Canadian dollars? I had a similar quote earlier and the price was the same but in US funds. When you call Disney CRO the prices quoted are in US $, never in Canadian even though they are calling this at par.

I called CRO this afternoon on the slim to zero chance of returning to WDW this summer (not going to happen).

I asked for 5 nights starting July 16:

POFQ $530 USF taxes included

Poly and CR were booked up.

WL $840 USF

AKL $822 USF

CM laughed that I just returned! LOL! S

Hi there,

Had to go out of town for a few days but called while away (but unable to post...must get a laptop).

I was able to get our 10 nights at GF a little cheaper, but as posted by others, the UPH is not a good deal...10% off. We are going to stick with our 7 day hoppers from the Disney Store with DC discount ($447.31).

Our previous rate for the GF was $254.20 US per night & the CAD at par is $226.40/night (both rates w/tax). We were thinking about splitting our stay between the GF & POFQ but there were no rooms available at the GF with the CAD rate for the last half of our stay. They were, however, able to convert our current 10 night reesie to the new Canadian rate so we took it.

Also called while I was away & got CRT for July 14th, 8:30am...couldn't believe it. I called at 6:59 & got through right away. :)

Lisa

Hi PoohBWV, I'm sure of the rate. I, too, was skeptical so I asked Leah (the agent I spoke to) and
checked with her supervisor 3 separate times, once about the accommodation and then again about the
passes (UPH), and then for the total price. I was assured that the total price that I would pay would be $1991 CAD
with the exchange at .62 US to the canadian dollar. It better be, because I've cancelled our Myrtle Beach holiday now
and have our hearts set on Disney.

Ok, here's my experience:

Called yesterday morning. Booked CBR for 8 nights (2 adults/2children) with UPH; told it would be $2,140 CAD. Asked the rep if she was sure it was CAD; she said yes.

Called back at noon because I was skeptical. Rep had to put me on hold to check; cam back and said it was $2,140 CAD.

Called back tonight after reading the post about reps only quoting in USD. Rep checked with supervisor who said it is $2,140 USD. Supervisor got on the phone and said it was a mistake; there's nothing they can do.

What a disappointment. However, I can save a few $s by dropping the UPH and picking up 5 day Hopper Pluses.

Would be interested in hearing other peoples' experiences on this.

I found it confusing as well & had to call three times before I knew exactly what was going on. The first rep told me it was in US$ but said I would pay the same in CAD (226.40 per night for GF)...the rate was too good to be true so I didn't book anything & called back.

Second Rep was really snitty & seemed ticked off because he didn't understand the CAD at par thing & I was asking a lot of questions....at first asked me where I heard about it & said there was no such thing.

On my third call, the rep was extremely nice & helpful and read me exactly what was written on her computer screen, explaining how it was being done (basically working backwards) so it was confirmed that the quoted rates were in US$.

When I first called for info (as I posted last week) it sounded like the CAD at par was based on rack rate (it is for the AS which was the only rates they were quoting at that time) but the rate I got was even better than any code I got on mousesavers for the time I was going. I'm curious to see if there will be new rates on May 20th...during one of my calls a few weeks ago, I was told there may be some new rates coming out that day for fall & that they may include some of the Deluxes (he said July & Aug. is "value-season" for some of the deluxes & are often included in the Fall specials, which is what I got last year for the BC)...just have to wait & see.

Lisa

One of the CM's I talked to inisisted to me that the price of $980 (approx) US for 2 adult 6 night 7 day passes was an at par price even though she stated that it was in US funds. When I said that there was no way that 980 US was at par for those passes she said "Well it is 10% off, isn't that at par?" I had to give her a little exchange rate lesson;)

I was told the same thing PoohBWV & when I explained what our $ was worth she was in total shock. Don't you just wish that was the exchange rate....I remember getting some US$ from someone in my University days & ending up with less when I converted it to CAD...the good old days.

Lisa

When I called today, the CM was very helpful. She knew what I was talking about when I said CDN AT PAR, she did ask for a code, I gave her the code from www.disneyworld.ca and she quoted me stating that is was in USF and all taxes where included. The moderate rate worked out to $95.00 USF, we got $94.00 USF last month, so these codes and CDN deals seem to work out without a few bucks of each other. The CM asked for my last name and postal code right off the bat and giggled because we just got back from WDW a couple weeks ago. She was very nice and helpful. She gave me quotes on several resorts, even ones I didn't ask for LOL! It a roll of the dice I guess! Sandra

It seems like the CM's don't have a problem quoting room only deals, but the problems arise when we use the code for the room plus tickets, because the room rates are fairly straight forward and at par, but the ticket prices are only at the 10% discount and are definitely not at par.

Originally posted by poohbear7
Hi,

I called about Canada at par and was told it's based on
a $.62 U.S. dollar based on the rack rate.
A regular room at $299U.S. would be $299U.S.X$.62 U.S.=$185.38 U.S.
That's what the at par is. You would pay $185.38 U.S. for a $299.U.S. room

Hope this helps

Maureen

taking this example....if they charge you 185.38 for a 299USD room.....you win even further on the conversion back....

since 185.38 x current exchange (assuming 1.56) would be 289 CDN ...10$ is ten dollars no matter what way you can get it =)

of course your credit card exchange rate may be higher than this one .....but still a fair deal

UPH $$$$$ IN USF

1 night/2 days - $120.85 Adults (10 and older); $96.48 Children (3-9)
2 nights/3 days - $163.26 Adults (10 and older); $130.40 Children (3-9)
3 nights/4 days - $221.55 Adults (10 and older); $177.04 Children (3-9)
4 nights/5 days - $263.96 Adults (10 and older); $210.95 Children (3-9)
5 nights/6 days - $297.88 Adults (10 and older); $238.52 Children (3-9)
6 nights/7 days - $331.81 Adults (10 and older); $265.02 Children (3-9)
7 nights/8 days - $363.60 Adults (10 and older); $290.46 Children (3-9)
8 nights/9 days - $391.16 Adults (10 and older); $312.73 Children (3-9)
9 nights/10 days - $416.60 Adults (10 and older); $332.87 Children (3-9)

If I understand correctly, the deal is 10% off these prices in USF for Canadians.

AND ALSO:

the resort at par deal.

Is that all right? Sandra

Thanks for all that work in your post Sandra. Your figures are correct the way I understand it.

We had a great AP rate already for ASMO in Sept. with the CDN @par deal we manged to save another $7 /night. It is something like $47.77 USF. pretty good! Considering the dollar has gained slightly we are getting a great rate. That extra $$$ few dollars will go towards, food, wine, passes...not likely! More presents for the kids who are staying at home! Yahoooo! looking forward to an adult only inexpensive trip to Disney. The only thing not so great is we had to take the All star Sports instead of movies, will of course phone back and keep checking if we can get the deal at the MOVIES. SandraC LOL, you just got back, but I would be doing the same thing. I hope they offer it again next year as I will plan a family trip for the fall!

I'm glad I checked the board.

I haven't been coming here, as I knew I wasn't going to go south this year, so to avoid severe withdrawl, I decided to stay away from the usual disney pages and avoid temptation.

Then last Thursday, I checked this board and found this thread. I had not heard about the CDN at Par deal, at all, so was pleased to see it. The deal is too good to pass up, especially, as I'm single and only have my own expenses to deal with (no kids to pay for).

I'm booked for the last week in August for 7 nights. The friends I'll be travelling with had a little problem understanding the figure quoted when they booked was in US. I kept telling them they reduce the room and you pay in US the reduced rate. But all I kept getting back was "It's at par, though". Finally, got them to understand.

Had no problem with the reservation line. They knew exactly what we were ordering, I offered the code but they hadn't asked for it up front.

So it goes to show, that you shouldn't stay away from the places you like best.

That's awesome news domnhall! Have a great time!!!!:D

Have fun domnhall. We leave 6 weeks from today & can't wait...I remember when it was 6 months away! August will arrive for you before you know it :D.

Lisa

Thanks for the good wishes. It's been nearly two years (or it will be by the time we leave) since I've been to the World. Went to Disneyland/CA last year, as friends were getting married in Vegas. So, while I did have a disney fix, it's not the same thing.

Disneyland = MK in the twilight zone. Everything is the same but different. (I know it was there first but MK and WDW were my first Disney vacation experiences so I judge by that).

Anyway, I'm looking forward to it.

Disney Lisa, have a good trip yourself.

Domn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter