Celebrating my Un-Birthday Disney Style-April 2010-New 5/3 - The TR has started!

Any thoughts on which waterpark would be better?

I think the whole waterpark question really depends on your family. We added the WP+ option this past trip and felt like we got our money's worth and then some. We visited BB for an entire day, TL for 1/2 day and went to DisneyQuest. If you are only going to visit one park for one day, it's better to pay the regular one-day admission. I played all this out in my head before adding it too!

Do your kids love the water? How about you and Tim? Do they do the slides?

Both parks have their advantages. BB is newer, easier to navigate, and has several activities the family can do together. (Teamboat Springs, toboggan races, lazy river) TL is a little older, but has the cool wave pool (if you like that kind of thing!). It also has the shark reef and CrushnGusher...best waterslide ever!

the WP question...

Amy we have only been to the WP's once w/ the kids and that was back in '05 (just the twins then 6 and Mae then 2 1/2) so my opinion may not be a ton helpful....but yes both parks have their pluses and minuses. We did TL as a half day choice too and then met up w/ our parents who arrived on that same day and went to Epcot I believe and got rained out....and then we did BB w/ my parents on a no park day and spent more time there...

We liked BB a bit better w/ the more options and plenty of kid areas...and the family raft ride (Mae and my Mom did not join us for that).

The kids ask when we are going to do a WP again...not next yr w/ going in Nov. I just hope it's warm enough to enjoy at least one dip at BLT's pool :thumbsup2

So to summarize, here is my ADR wish list for next week:

Monday 4/26 - Teppan Edo - 11:00 lunch
Tuesday 4/27 - Chef Mickey's - 5:00 dinner
Wednesday 4/28 - HDDR - 5:00 dinner
Thursday 4/29 - still debating H&V or Sci Fi?? Backup ADR for Teppan Edo - 5:00ish dinner
Friday 4/30 - nothing
Saturday 5/1 - Crystal Palace - 8:00 breakfast

I think we'll probably go with a late breakfast (in place of lunch) at H&V rather than Sci Fi - I don't really like the lunch menu there. But we'll see?

So that's the plan!! What do you think??

I think it looks good....always nice to have some back-up plans if you don't get your first choice...though it does allow for more confusion ;)

I like the late breakfast idea at H&V. But Sci-fi is fun, very different experience, my kids really enjoyed it.

the WP question...

Amy we have only been to the WP's once w/ the kids and that was back in '05 (just the twins then 6 and Mae then 2 1/2) so my opinion may not be a ton helpful....but yes both parks have their pluses and minuses. We did TL as a half day choice too and then met up w/ our parents who arrived on that same day and went to Epcot I believe and got rained out....and then we did BB w/ my parents on a no park day and spent more time there...

We liked BB a bit better w/ the more options and plenty of kid areas...and the family raft ride (Mae and my Mom did not join us for that).

The kids ask when we are going to do a WP again...not next yr w/ going in Nov. I just hope it's warm enough to enjoy at least one dip at BLT's pool :thumbsup2

I think it looks good....always nice to have some back-up plans if you don't get your first choice...though it does allow for more confusion ;)

What kind of temps are you looking at in late November? I guess one of the advantages of choosing April over February is good swimming weather!

Teppan Edo :thumbsup2

::yes::

I like the late breakfast idea at H&V. But Sci-fi is fun, very different experience, my kids really enjoyed it.

The Sci Fi dinner menu had a few things that looked good, but I wasn't as impressed with the lunch menu. And breakfast is good any time of day. ;)

Everything looks good -- do you get to make your ADRs soon?

Tuesday with the rest of the world. Well actually I don't have any to make for the first day of our trip so I get to avoid the chaos & start my calls on Wednesday. I have to call (or do the online thing) day by day for six days since we're staying off-site.

ADRs look good! Teppan Edo..mmmmm

It's my new favorite! :thumbsup2

Hi Amy!

Gosh, ADRs in only 3 days! :banana:

I love the late breakfast at Play and Dine... when they begin putting the lunch items out on the buffet line, they don't seem to mind if you have some of those as well. And the desserts (!) When else but at Disney can you have ice cream with your breakfast?

I think its a great idea to have a backup plan in case you need to shift Grandma Day. :thumbsup2

Sorry I have no advice as to the water parks; we've never been! :eek: But if you don't think they'd enjoy the wave pool, then your best bet is BB.

I thought the weather in April was perfect... hot enough for the pool, yet not so hot that you were sweltering in the parks!

Kathy

Hey! I Can't believe I didn't figure this link to your PTR our earlier! I have been watching the thread posting, but I didn't put 2 and 2 together before I finally reached the page where you announce it with the link!!! Well, I am here now!

I like your plans! I think they sound great! I think you would be okay on any EMH day, evening hours, b/c if you are earlier risers anyhow, even on those days I never noticed mega crowds early. It definitely crowded up, but that is about the time you want to go back to the resort, etc. to cool off... So it seems you could do the same thing on or off site!

All your ADRs look good too! :thumbsup2 I think brunch at DHS would be a good plan, something for everyone, basically.

And it seems you have some fun choices selected!

Good news on the flights!

Hi Amy!

Gosh, ADRs in only 3 days! :banana:

I love the late breakfast at Play and Dine... when they begin putting the lunch items out on the buffet line, they don't seem to mind if you have some of those as well. And the desserts (!) When else but at Disney can you have ice cream with your breakfast?

I think its a great idea to have a backup plan in case you need to shift Grandma Day. :thumbsup2

Sorry I have no advice as to the water parks; we've never been! :eek: But if you don't think they'd enjoy the wave pool, then your best bet is BB.

I thought the weather in April was perfect... hot enough for the pool, yet not so hot that you were sweltering in the parks!

Kathy

When we visited H&V in 2007 we were either there for a late breakfast ADR or an early lunch ADR. I can't remember which... :confused3 But it was great because we got our choice of breakfast or lunch items. (Alex isn't a big breakfast eater.) I think they had one side of the buffet changed over to lunch while the other still had breafast food. Mmmmm... :thumbsup2

I think April has perfect weather too. Tim doesn't completely agree. :rolleyes1

Hey! I Can't believe I didn't figure this link to your PTR our earlier! I have been watching the thread posting, but I didn't put 2 and 2 together before I finally reached the page where you announce it with the link!!! Well, I am here now!

I like your plans! I think they sound great! I think you would be okay on any EMH day, evening hours, b/c if you are earlier risers anyhow, even on those days I never noticed mega crowds early. It definitely crowded up, but that is about the time you want to go back to the resort, etc. to cool off... So it seems you could do the same thing on or off site!

All your ADRs look good too! :thumbsup2 I think brunch at DHS would be a good plan, something for everyone, basically.

And it seems you have some fun choices selected!

Good news on the flights!

Hi Happydog! :welcome:

You've been a busy lady!! I'm just glad you found me now.

Thanks for the EMH advice!

What kind of temps are you looking at in late November? I guess one of the advantages of choosing April over February is good swimming weather!

to be honest...I don't actually know....I guess weather temps is low on the reasons to be going back for this trip...;)

but I assume somewhere in the low to mid 70's range may be normal for highs or higher :confused3 and 50's for lows or cooler....but whatever it is it should be warmer than Chicago in late November :goodvibes

to be honest...I don't actually know....I guess weather temps is low on the reasons to be going back for this trip...;)

but I assume somewhere in the low to mid 70's range may be normal for highs or higher :confused3 and 50's for lows or cooler....but whatever it is it should be warmer than Chicago in late November :goodvibes

Absolutely! :thumbsup2 I have a feeling you'll be keeping an eye on Orlando temps this November. ;)

Park hours are coming out for February, March & April!! :banana::banana:

So far only the waterparks show April, but the others are working their way there little by little. MK is out as far as March. :cool1:

Woo hoo for park hours! I am so happy they are going back to the 180 days on ADRs and hours -- so much easier for us manic planners! :lmao:

Woo hoo for park hours! I am so happy they are going back to the 180 days on ADRs and hours -- so much easier for us manic planners! :lmao:

I'm excited! I think I'll have better luck booking what I want at 180 days than 90 days since we are off-site.

I have all of the April hours except MK! Waiting, waiting, waiting... popcorn::

I'm excited! I think I'll have better luck booking what I want at 180 days than 90 days since we are off-site.

I have all of the April hours except MK! Waiting, waiting, waiting... popcorn::

I think we are all going to find that it is easier to book our ADRs -- thank goodness!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter