Cell plan questions...

On the Fantasy last week, I was able to use iMessage while on DCL WiFi to communicate with people onboard and back home. I also received text alerts but was unable to open them. I did not try using a purchased Internet package.
Thanks!!

I have a cell phone access question. I want to send my daughter a Disney e-gift card via email. She will get the email several weeks before she sails. She will not be buying the Cellular at Sea plan. I know she won't be able to get new email messages, but will she be able to open her email account to access the e-gift card so she can redeem on-board in the gift shop during the cruise?

I have a cell phone access question. I want to send my daughter a Disney e-gift card via email. She will get the email several weeks before she sails. She will not be buying the Cellular at Sea plan. I know she won't be able to get new email messages, but will she be able to open her email account to access the e-gift card so she can redeem on-board in the gift shop during the cruise?
It depends on how the e-gift card is delivered. I know they normally have to open a link to a site for it or may have to 'phone home' in some other manner. She may be able to open it pre-cruise and take a screenshot of the details. If it's a barcode/QR code, the screenshot should still be scannable.

If she has an iPhone, she can download it to her Apple wallet. Android prob has an equivalent but I'm not familiar with it.

I have a cell phone access question. I want to send my daughter a Disney e-gift card via email. She will get the email several weeks before she sails. She will not be buying the Cellular at Sea plan. I know she won't be able to get new email messages, but will she be able to open her email account to access the e-gift card so she can redeem on-board in the gift shop during the cruise

Everything on the cruise will be charged to her onboard account. It's much easier in my opinion to just add the gift card as onboard credit in advance through the Disney Cruise line website or app.

Yes. The new service is on the fantasy. I would just buy the internet on the fantasy and use the international day pass thru AT&T for $10 a day on port days.
This is what we do. The new internet packages onboard are based on days of use, not how much data is used.
There are 3 choices of plans based on what you typically do online.

Ok, sorry if this is a dumb question-on the cruise from Port Canaveral for 4 nights. Will an Iphone be able to call to NY from the Iphone to a landline? My mom is in her eighties, and we talk everynight-what would be our options? My husband has an Iphone, I have a Samsung (at this time, I might upgrade by cruise time this August)
Thanks!!
If you're in a port, you should be able to call using any brand of phone. Making phone calls while at sea is very expensive. Does your mom use texting?

Everything on the cruise will be charged to her onboard account. It's much easier in my opinion to just add the gift card as onboard credit in advance through the Disney Cruise line website or app.
I agree.
It's a nice surprise on the day of boarding. Our TA sends us OBC this way. A note is left in the cabin and the gift buyer can enter a few lines of a message. There are a lot of gift options.

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/gifts-and-amenities/link-reservation

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter