Central Italy July09

Sayhello -

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for!

I can't wait for our trip. Only a few more months to go, it's hard to believe.

we are back home with jet lag and all. the greatest trip of all!:thumbsup2

thank you disney for abd and thank you dotti. also, many thanks to the friends who came along on this trip. we just had the grandest time and i loved every minute of it.:goodvibes

dotti, my feet are still swollen but it good shape! thank you ever so much.

thanks to my friends for the assistance getting thru the airport in france. i hope the rest of your trip home was as pleasant as mine.

our guides were just terrific, they deserve special thanks.:tinker:

anne

Anne, it was great to see you again! What an incredible trip this was! All the past Viva Italia travelers on this tour said that it was possibly even better -- hard to believe, but true!

There are a few photos on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=105974&id=1082061973&l=a84aa59c98 However, they're definitely heavy on people, not places. I'll have a lot more up on Kodak Gallery in a day or two. (I have a couple of Youtube videos loaded but I hate to give away any surprises!) And there will be a trip report -- I just need to work a little before I get started!

Honestly, though... out of the four so far, for me this one was the best yet!

Dotti

Anne, it was great to see you again! What an incredible trip this was! All the past Viva Italia travelers on this tour said that it was possibly even better -- hard to believe, but true! [...]

Honestly, though... out of the four so far, for me this one was the best yet!

Dotti
Dottie, I'd really love to hear more about this. Because, honestly, the Central Italy trip originally interested me more than the Viva Italia itinterary, because of the visits to Positano & the Amalfi Coast (did this trip used to include Pompeii? I don't remember seeing that on the old itinerary... ooooo. And didn't it used to include Rome, also?)

People just rave about the Viva Italia trip so much. I'd really like to hear what you felt made this one a better trip. I've definitely got my eye on one of these 2 for next year.

Thanks!
Sayhello

Bella Italia is the perfect combination (in my opinion) of last year's Taste of Tuscany and Roma and la Costa Bella, with a little Viva thrown in. The new and improved version starts out in Sorrento with side trips to Positano (bus), Amalfi Coast (private boat), the town of Amalfi and Capri (both walking and by private boat tour). On the final day, there's a trip to Pompeii before heading to Naples for the new high-speed train to Florence.

In Florence, the hotel is right in the middle of everything -- the location couldn't be better! From there, we visited Sienna (from Viva Italia or Taste of Tuscany, depending on which year), Monteriggioni (Taste of Tuscany), Lucca and Pisa.

I think that last year, Roma and la Costa Bella started in Rome (two nights), and ended in Sorrento. This version has no stops in Rome. Personally, I like Florence much more, so missing Rome wasn't too much of a disappointment. The boys would have loved to have gone, though.

So many places, so little time...

I know this doesn't give a lot of explanation as to why I liked this one so much, but hopefully my trip report will shed more light. :) As with every experience, the people you travel with play a huge part. Having my own group and knowing everyone beforehand sure didn't hurt! And getting to spend almost two weeks with my sons was a gift beyond measure!

Dotti

i was so sure that nothing could outshine the viva italia trip but this one did! this was the most enjoyable trip i have ever been on. i do have to admit that the people i traveled with made a lot of difference. :grouphug:

i only wish that it could have been a few days longer. i understand why mark was out in the middle of the night taking pictures in florence. we were leaving the next morning and you just can't seem to get enough of it.

thanks to disney, i do love italy! the wild boar says i will not be back but i will not let that stop me!

Hi Dotti and Anne!

I agree with both of your sentiments completely. :thumbsup2

Viva Italia was wonderful and special in it's own way but Bella Italia was just incredible.

Anne..I agree it wasn't long enough..it seemed liked it was over before I knew it!

This trip is so much fun I wouldn't be surprised if it became one of ABD's most popular trips. It's hard to have a bad time in Italy.

Thanks for all your hard work on the trip Dotti (and look for a package in the mail from Dave and I soon).

So where are we all headed next??

PS: Message to Mark...Guess who came home with two bottles of HC??? :goodvibes

David

david and dottie, where ever the group goes next.........please count me in. i wouldn't miss it for the world.

abd you got an a+ for this one. dottie you are the best.:thumbsup2

anne

Thanks for the info, Dotti! This trip has definitely bumped up on my list of "must do"s. Of course, I really need to go with you & your group for the maximum enjoyment... ;)

My sister really wants me to come visit her in Israel, and maybe combining it with a trip like this would make it more doable...

Sayhello

I was fortunate to travel with Dotti and her family last summer on my ABD. We had an amazing time. What a wonderful group to travel with! We had so many adventures and laughs. We did Flavors of France it was great. I only wish I was able to go with them this year for Bella. I have seen the pictures and some of the locations take my breath away! Let me know where you head next I would love to join you again since you guys are so much fun.

Dotti.....keep in touch!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter