Chance at AKV Club Level Waitlist

Hollymom1229

Art's Girl
So I messed up this morning and waited to call MS instead of booking online at 8 AM, and the AKV Club Level Studios for December 8th and 9th were booked by 9 AM. So I booked a Savannah view room instead and waitlisted our entire stay for the 8th through 15th. I'm thinking of calling back and keeping only the current reservation for the Savannah view on the 8th and 9th and trying on Thursday again to get the Club Level for the rest of the stay. What are the chances of getting the waitlist for just the first two nights? Also is there a way of getting them to waitlist the individual nights, because if we can get the 9th we would be more than happy to transfer rooms as we probably won't get down there till late on the 8th.

Right now I'm just really beating myself up over messing up the whole 8 AM online booking thing as this is a really special trip for our 10th wedding anniversary.

Every waitlist success requires a cancellation. There's just no way of knowing if someone else will cancel.

Getting a smaller number of nights off the waitlist is definitely easier than a large number.

We just bought our DVC membership while on our August cruise. It didn't close until October 2012, so the day it closed I called MS to book for a trip in April 2013. I wanted AKLV 1 bedroom Club level for DHs birthday trip before our DCL 3 night cruise. I wanted Sunday through Thursday. Nothing available, so they booked me for BLT 1 bedroom Lake View and put a waitlist on AKLV Club level room.

In December one night I just went to the DVC site & punched in my dates and all but the 1st night I wanted showed up as available. I decided to go to bed & call in the morning. I couldn't sleep so I got up and checked again. Still available. Cancelled BLT went back in to book & only Tuesday was available. Booked Tuesday. Went back in and now Monday through Thursday were available. Booked those days. Went back and cancelled Tuesday only day. Points were messed up so I called MS in the morning and straightened that out. Asked if only some of the days for a waitlist came up, do they grab them and he said no, only if all the days on the waitlist open. I'm glad I did what I did. He then cancelled my waitlist since I now had all but one of the days I wanted. I will continue to check myself till our trip to see if anything opens for Sunday. If not, we will either go down a day later or book something else for Sunday night. I may even try for another room in AKL for Sunday & then just move on Monday to our Club Level reservation.

So, my point is, don't just count on a waitlist coming through, keep checking online yourself. You may just find your days may open up.

Thanks for the feedback. I called back and now only have a reservation for the 8th and 9th in a Savannah view and am waitlisted for those two nights. I will try right at 8 am on Thursday for the rest of the trip, and then watch like a hawk if the 9th opens up by itself online. I know they will only look for both dates, so if I can just get the one night I would be happy.

We just bought our DVC membership while on our August cruise. It didn't close until October 2012, so the day it closed I called MS to book for a trip in April 2013.
Just an FYI: If you purchase directly from Disney you can book right away. You do not have to wait until you close to make your first reservation. You can even take a trip before you close. If you do so and then back out of the purchase, they deduct the cost of the trip from your deposit.

So I messed up this morning and waited to call MS instead of booking online at 8 AM, and the AKV Club Level Studios for December 8th and 9th were booked by 9 AM. So I booked a Savannah view room instead and waitlisted our entire stay for the 8th through 15th. I'm thinking of calling back and keeping only the current reservation for the Savannah view on the 8th and 9th and trying on Thursday again to get the Club Level for the rest of the stay. What are the chances of getting the waitlist for just the first two nights? Also is there a way of getting them to waitlist the individual nights, because if we can get the 9th we would be more than happy to transfer rooms as we probably won't get down there till late on the 8th.

Right now I'm just really beating myself up over messing up the whole 8 AM online booking thing as this is a really special trip for our 10th wedding anniversary.

No need to beat yourself up. I checked last night and this morning and the 1st 2 nights were gone anyway. Just use the waitlist.

So the situation has improved. Through waitlist and constant watching of the sight I've gotten Club Level for our first 4 nights (December 8-12). I'm currently waitlisted for the last 3 nights (December 12-15), but we have the Savannah view room booked just in case. I'm excited to finally get to try Club Level, though DH properly categorized my heartache over not getting Club Level for the whole week right away as a "first world problem." :rotfl:

Hollymom1229 said:
So the situation has improved. Through waitlist and constant watching of the sight I've gotten Club Level for our first 4 nights (December 8-12). I'm currently waitlisted for the last 3 nights (December 12-15), but we have the Savannah view room booked just in case. I'm excited to finally get to try Club Level, though DH properly categorized my heartache over not getting Club Level for the whole week right away as a "first world problem." :rotfl:

Congrats!! Keep stalking the web site, I have picked up difficult to get rooms that way.

Stalking is definitely the way to go as I just picked up the nights of the 12th and 13th. I put in a waitlist for the night of the 14th, but will of course stalk tomorrow. I'm just thrilled that right now we have 6 of the 7 nights. This is a big treat for our 10th anniversary.:cool1:

Hollymom1229 said:
Stalking is definitely the way to go as I just picked up the nights of the 12th and 13th. I put in a waitlist for the night of the 14th, but will of course stalk tomorrow. I'm just thrilled that right now we have 6 of the 7 nights. This is a big treat for our 10th anniversary.:cool1:

Wow! That is amazing! We had a similar situation in Oct and I was able to move to 6 nights boardwalk view after having 4 nights BW view and 3 nights std view. Got the 6 nights and ended up canceling the 7th and using the holding pts to fit on a weekend in Dec. We live here so no problem with travel arrangements.
Best of luck getting that last night!!

Thanks everyone for the encouragement, over this past weekend the 7th night came through on waitlist. So now we have 8 days/7 nights in a AKV Club Level studio, I can't wait for December! :cool1:

Wow, how fantastic! It is great to hear that you were able to get what you wanted by waitlisting / stalking.

We are also owners at AKV, and hoping to score a CL studio during the same time period next December. Your success has given me hope, so thanks so much for keeping us updated on your progress and ultimate success!!

Hey Hollymom! I guess we have been competing with you this month for the same dates and room type, lol :scratchin. I was finally able to get the Deluxe Studio - Club Level for December 8, 2013 - December 16, 2013! :cool1:

Now, I'm working on the same type of reservation for my daughter. For her we currently have December 10, 2013 - December 15, 2013. We have two waitlists...one for Dec 8th - 10th (2 nights) and one for Dec 15th - 16th (1 night). Let me stress that all of our success has come from diligently checking online ourselves!

Wish us continued luck everyone, lol! pixiedust:

WithFaith50

Hmmmm.......I guess I need to get better at stalking the website then. :rotfl2: Congrats on getting your nights. :thumbsup2

Hey Hollymom! I guess we have been competing with you this month for the same dates and room type, lol :scratchin. I was finally able to get the Deluxe Studio - Club Level for December 8, 2013 - December 16, 2013! :cool1:

Now, I'm working on the same type of reservation for my daughter. For her we currently have December 10, 2013 - December 15, 2013. We have two waitlists...one for Dec 8th - 10th (2 nights) and one for Dec 15th - 16th (1 night). Let me stress that all of our success has come from diligently checking online ourselves!

Wish us continued luck everyone, lol! pixiedust:

WithFaith50

Good luck getting your nights, I was shocked when I was able to get all of ours. It looks like you will be on the floor with us same time. If you see a bigger couple (DH is 6'3" and looks like a linebacker, and I'm Pooh-sized) wearing anniversary buttons feel free to say hi. Looks like you are from the Washington, DC area too. I used to live in Woodbridge before DH and I got married.

Hollymom,

I can't believe it! My final dates for my DD's (TriniAndBre) reservation came through on DVC!! :cool1::goodvibes:woohoo:

Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas -
MINE:
Jambo House Deluxe Studio - Club Level
12/8/13 - 12/16/13

DD:
Jambo House Deluxe Studio - Club Level
12/8/13 - 12/15/13

BOTH:
Disney's BoardWalk Villas
2 Bedroom Lock-Off - Garden or Pool View
December 15, 2013 - December 22, 2013

See you in December! My husband is 6', DS11 is 5'2 and I'm 5'8" (& hoping to be a bit less pooh-sized before the trip!!). :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter