Chances of early embarkation?

LisaGoeke

<font color=blue>Mom of 4 absolutely adorable chil
We are sailing on the Magic October 11, the first sailing after returning from dry dock. What do you think the chances are that we might get to embark earlier since there won't be a previous cruise that they need to clean up from? I want every hour I can get! :p

i bet they will be good that , we get on the ship early
would not surprise me if 11;30 would be the time
peter

I am on the same cruise, and yes, that would be NICE, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Certain things (food and other goods delivery to the ship, food preparation, etc.) are on a fixed schedule and I imagine would stay so even for the first one after dry dock. They wouldn't want everyone boarding when workers are likely to be filling space that passengers need to use. Even if no maintenance needs to be done since it will be a "fresh" sailing, there are still routine things the crew needs to accomplish before guests board, and they might not want or be able to start early. Plus, they need to have lunch ready so they can direct everyone immediately to PC or Topsiders. :p

BUT we might get lucky. Even 30 minutes to an hour early would be better than nothing! :smooth:

So Peter, 11:30 IS a possibility. ;)

I was on the first cruise last year after the magic was pulled for sanitation. We boarded a tiny bit early maybe noon probably more like 12:20... Remember they have a huge amount of staff that are on leave during that time that need to return. The deliveries of food etc. would not change so, you might possibly be a little early but I would not count on getting on much earlier than noon at best.

Oh well, it was a good thought, right? I didn't really think about all the other regular stuff they still have to do, like preparing lunch, staff return, etc.

The idea actually came to me this morning when I was reading some of the Navigators. One of them said "We are pleased to inform you that today we are going to commence our embarkation one hour earlier" on the Welcome Aboard the Disney Magic.

I guess I can wait....

We might get to see the Magic on Friday night! When we sailed 2 years ago, the "Wonder" was shcduled to be in port on Sat. or Sun (Sept 28th or 29th). When we arrived in PC late evening on Friday the 27th...There she was!We even got to hear the two ships play "dueling horns" as we pulled out of the port on Sat!!!

Almost nothing will change the embarkation time as it is a scheduled thing with the Port Authority to clear the ship, just like they do in foreign ports.

Another consideration....

Even though it is out of dry dock, they may still be doign finishing details as they return to the terminal. Not unlike a major project to take longer than expected and they finish up just as the people get there. And the work they have planned is pretty significant. I would not be surprised if you smelled a lot of fresh paint or even saw a few "Wet paint" signs.

Originally posted by taswira

They wouldn't want everyone boarding when workers are likely to be filling space that passengers need to use.

Like the bathrooms, pools,,,,,,

Even if no maintenance needs to be done since it will be a "fresh" sailing, there are still routine things the crew needs to accomplish before guests board

waking up, sobering up, showering,,,,,,,lol....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter