Changes for this DCP application season.

angeladcp

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone. I am a DCP Alumni. I did Spring Advantage 2014 from January 20th to August 8th this year. I was Attractions in Dinoland at Disney's Animal Kingdom! I worked in The Boneyard...

I recently applied again for my second program which will hopefully be S/SA 2015! I am graduating with a Bachelor's Degree on December 13th, 2014, so this is my last chance to do the DCP (again).

During my phone interview, we were specifically told that majority of acceptances would not come out until mid-late October, because they want the Character Performer Auditions to be completed before they make most of their decisions. However, I am on the facebook groups, and for the past 3 weeks, each Friday, there have been acceptance "waves", which it wasn't a lot, but it has been more than I thought considering they said "Most" will know in Late October and it's still only September.

I'm not sure what to think about my chances of getting in are at this point. For my first program, I found out 15 days after my phone interview that I was accepted. It has been 5 weeks since my Phone Interview as of now, and I'm still "In Progress". In past application seasons, most found out 2-3 weeks after their PI, or were at least Pended.

I'm not pending, I've not been NLIC'd. I'm still just In Progress. I haven't had any form of communication with Disney since I got my "Thank You For Interviewing" email on August 24th which also stated we would hear back in late October.

My top 3 roles were Photopass (what I feel I'm most qualified for. My major is Radio/TV WIth An Emphasis on Audio-Video Production. I have a ton of camera experience, i really talked that up in my interview), Concierge (because I am an alumni, I spent a LOT of time in the parks as a guest, and I feel like with all the knowledge I gained in those seven months I feel like I would be great at answering guests questions, etc.), and Character Attendant. But my interviewer never even asked me about Character Attending, I guess because my answers were so good for my other role choices. At least that's what I'm hoping.

But what do you guys think about this new October thing. Should I still have a decent chance, since I've not been rejected this far into it, or should I start stressing out at this point? Lol, I just want to go back to Disney so bad, and for right now, this is my only way to do that.

I wouldn't worry about it until you actually get a NLIC. I did Fall 2013, and I applied early Feb, had my phone interview mid-Feb and was pended a week later. I didn't find out until the last week of March I believe. It was a few weeks. One of my friends didn't get in for about 2 months but was eventually accepted.

I applied for photopass too, as photography and video is my major, did 5+ years of photo work, etc. I didn't talk about hardly anything else in my interview and was given merch. I had the ability to talk to them and try to get it changed to photopass in order to get internship credit through my school but when I was submitting they told me that those positions were filled. It's possible they're waiting to see if they have anymore photopass positions open and if they don't then they'll put you elsewhere. Stressing isn't going to help just go with the flow.

It isn't a personal thing. This is the way they are doing it for everyone now.

Lots of things change with the program over time.

As long as you have a good rehire and did well on your last program, and had a good interview, your chances are probably pretty good... but that is my opinion and doesn't really matter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter