Changes to On-Site Express

The only problems I see for us are MIB and Spiderman. Those are the only rides that we rode more than once. We'll just wait until after 3 and park hop.

As for the hotel prices, Loews is always outrageously expensive wherever you go. I find them reasonable after checking the prices of the Disney deluxe resorts and you REALLY can't beat the location IMO.

I wanted to apologize for posting incorrect info yesterday. I was told yesterday a.m. that there were no changes, but I called guest services again last night and was told the changes are correct. Just wanted to clarify so there didn't seem to be so many contraditions here!

Universal has created a compliance and enforcement problem for themselves. I'm one that likes to teach my children to follow the rules by example. This will be kind of difficult unless I don't tell them about the change. They would probably not be hassled. The other option, that is more likely, is not returning to Universal until value season.
I am kind of disturbed by the employee response to the change and their attitude towards park guests in general.
http://www.ioacentral.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=45

motherfletcher:

I went to the site you posted that was mostly universal employees. It actually creeped me out. There are some angry people in the world, lol. I need to go take another shower since I'm such a scumbag customer.

Thanks for the link, Motherfletcher. I cannot believe some of the employee's responses. Rather shocking really. If they need the time to vent and complain like that, they should do it in their own private forum and not publicly. Rather immature, really.

Wow. I read it too. Our Disney CMs that visit the Dis always have to be so careful about what they post.

We have no idea if the posters are current CM, former CM or prehaps they never worked for Universal at all. We don't know if they are high up or just a part time hourly CM.

Universal never promoted the program as ride one attraction many times in a row.

As much as people may complain about this new policy I'm sure Universal got many other complaints from customers who aren't happy that some customers are ridding an attraction multiple times while others are waiting over an hour. It really sounds like this policy is only intended to apply to the very popular attractions for part of the day.

I'd still stay on-site with this new policy. Still far better than anything Disney offers. Really sounds like a fair way to handle over crowded attractions. People who are really bother should CANCEL THEIR RESERVATION, stay offsite and write a letter. That will send more of a message than just a complaint letter.

Originally posted by Motherfletcher
Bev said they are just kids.

Ah, that makes sense. I thought they were probably teenagers. Hopefully, nobody will cause trouble for them.

What is the big deal really????? Most of you sound like a bunch of children...
"it's not fair non on site guests wait on a longer line"
Well too bad...one of the perks that brings customers to the on site hotels.

The rule does not sound like it's enforced anyway, and if it is for a ride or two what is the problem??? If your card is scanned at say 1:00 then you ride the ride...that takes about 20 min or so (maybe longer even with FOTL) by the time you exit the ride...you cannot busy yourself for a half hour or less before you re-ride it??? You are in an THEME PARK ! Lighten up, it's vacation....smile, have fun and enjoy lilfe. This is way to small of a matter to get your knickers in a twist over. I see so many miserable people at the parks...complaining, yelling - just miserable looking ...don't take the fun stuff too seriously. I thought places like USO were to make you laugh and enjoy. If you are lucky enlugh to go on vacation, regardless of where you stay, you should be happy about that as there are so many that cannot afford ao unable to due to illness.

Life is too short for this kind of crap....go and enjoy and relax.

Don't forget to smile no matter what line you are on.:wave2:

Originally posted by gonga
I see so many miserable people at the parks...complaining, yelling - just miserable looking ...

That's why I'm leaving hubby at home! ;)

Pat

WOW! Really angry people over on that board.

The more I think about this new policy the more I realize it isn't too bad a thing.
I just have a problem with it not being advertised for a while before implementing the new rules.
For instance, when I made my reservation online, a red box or something should have popped up (before completing the reservation) stating "beginning July 1st...all resort guest...will be limited...etc". This would have at least given me the opportunity to think about whether I wanted to spend $255 for limited passes or stay elsewhere.

Here is what I posted on the other thread:

It was two employees and they do not represent all of the US employees. Another post mentioned how immature they sounded.

I know who both of those posters are. One is 18 years old and works on one of the rides and the other one just turned 16 years old and he works at a gift shop in Universal. They are kids so please cut them some slack.

It's like talking to the kid who serves you french fires at McDonald's about McD's corporate headquarter rules. These teenagers just do their job and have no influence over Universal policy. Was it wise to post this on a public board? Probably not, but teenagers seldom think about consequences before spouting off.

My husband is a teacher and works as a ride Op at Universal during the summer. I was discussing this with him and he felt badly about those who were looking forward to FOTL re-rides. But he said "We don't make the rules. We just have to do what we are told."

I may be trying to put a spin on this but I actually LIKE that it wasn't annouced ahead of time and put in print and become a definate policy change for all time. I think it's a TRIAL based on recent crowd problems. Its good they can be responsive to the problems offsite guests had with lines. (And express lines getting long.) Maybe it will go away in a month or at least when we hit off-season. I like that it does not apply to all the rides and I like that it returns to normal after 3. (I think I'd rather the one ride until 3 policy better than once an hour if, under that scenario, the restrictions lasted the rest of the day.) There are still great perks to staying onsite --- priority seating at Margaritaville and Hard Rock, etc. We'll be popping over to the Hardrock hotel pool after a morning at US --- Beach club lunch & drinks and the slide for the kids. After that much sun and fun and food, we'll be ready for naps. Hit IOA post naps and past 3pm. My kids have never stayed onsite -- they will be jazzed about getting to boat over, the pools, etc.

Here is the reply I got from Guest Services:
"Thank you for visiting Universal Orlando Online.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns with us. As
our
guest, your comments are very important.

There are only five attractions at each park which will be restricted
before
3pm: Shrek 4-D, Revenge of the Mummy, Men In Black, Back to the Future,
E.T,
Spider-Man, Incredible Hulk Coaster, Jurassic Park River Adventure,
Dudley
Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls, and The Cat In the Hat. Guests are certainly
not
restricted from riding these attractions more than once before 3pm, you
may
do so by waiting in the regular queue line after you have used your
Express
Access once. All programs, promotions and prices are subject to change
without notice as stated on our website and advertisements. Please be
assured that your comments will be shared with proper management for
their
review.

Once again, thank you for sharing your remarks.

Please keep watching us here at www.universalorlando.com, as we will
have
many exciting and new developments in the next few months."

Best Regards,

Darlene
Guest Services

I think that we'll get to Universal when it opens and head straight for Shrek. Then we can see it again using our Express if we want to.

What about using the regular Express Pass kiosks? I really don't see a problem....yet anyway.

Ijst feel the need to mention what no one else has stated. During the summer, the rain storms generally roll in around 2 to 3 in the afternoon - does anyone else find it strange that the shift over time is right in the window of when everyone is ducking for shelter? So - are they trying to "allow" us FOTL just when the worst weather hits?:mad:

Sounds like a vast right wing conspiracy - NOT!

I'm sure some suits in a board room did not say"Let's give 'em FOTL right about the time the afternoon storms roll in - that'll teach 'em to ride over and over..."

Lighten up and enjoy! LIfe is short.

What the suits did look at was trip distribution, generators, level of service, ingress/egress, circulation, volumes, classification and speed. What they saw was more people leaving than entering at 3.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter