Changing 2 Studios to a 2 Bedroom Villa

missbecca

Mouseketeer
Hoping someone here can help me out, as I couldn’t find this info elsewhere. We currently have 2 studio villas reserved at the Poly, and our 7 month window is coming up later this week. I’d like to swap the 2 studio reservations for a 2 bedroom villa at another resort. Is this something easily done online? Or will I need to make the call into MS? Also, if I need to waitlist a 2 bedroom, can that be done with 2 studio reservations? Or will it only account for one? Sorry if this is confusing, I’ve not had to do this before!

If want to do online, would probably have to cancel the one room, then modify the remining one for the date/room type you want. May be taking a chance that way if you cancel the room and the 2 bedroom is not available by the time you try to modify. MS may be able to do it cleaner, but I cant answer on that part. As far as waitlist, not sure if it can cover two different reservations, maybe MS can do that.

You have to modify one and cancel the other if you want to use the points from both.

One thing you can do is modify one and book as many nights as possible with those points, then cancel the second one.

Once done, you can go back and modify the 2 bedroom to pick up the rest of the days with the freed up points.

Back before you could modify reservations online there was a two browser trick, that I believe still works.

On browser A - start to modify one of your reservations, confirm the days, but stop at the screen that you select the contracts. These days in the 2 BR are now "reserved for you for 10-15 minutes.
On Browser B - cancel the other reservation. and confirm the cancellation
Back on browser A, refresh the screen where you are selecting the points. The points from the cancelled reservation should no show as available. Finalize the modification using the points from the from both studios.

I called member services last night around 8:30, and waited less than a minute on hold. I was calling for another reason, but my waitlist matched while on the phone so the cm just combined the two reservations. It was very easy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter