Character bus at Epcot

ceecee

DIS Veteran
Who can tell me about the character bus at Epcot, we've never seen it. It is different times dailys or only on certain days? Please help...we plan to be spending more time at Epcot this year and my daughter would be sure to like this.

I think there is a set schedule they come out and it maybe listed in the guidebook each day as they ultimately end up at the entrance way to WS and do a short show there..hope this helps...:)

We saw it in March and also in Joly this year. It is cute. It's a double decker bus, brightly painted and the characters are waving out the windows. It stops at the entrance to WS (in the waterfront plaza between the 2 shops). In past years, they did a little show, but this year it was just a meet and great. The characters were dispersed to different corners of the area and they set up lines for meeting them.

The times will be listed right on the park map. If for some reason it isn't you can go to Guest Services and get a listing of character appearances for that day in that park.

We just got back a couple of weeks ago. There is a schedule for the Character Bus printed on the Epcot Map. Most of the times it stops, it's in the World Showcase Plaza area which is just outside of Future World by the Lagoon. It also makes a couple of stops in some of the countries. Everything is listed. There are several characters on the bus at one time. At least 10 or so each time we saw it. The characters change somewhat during the day but we always saw Mickey and Minnie no matter what time it was. Once the characters get off the bus they move to different areas and lines are formed for each character. They stay about 10-15 minutes so you have to be quick but usually you can get 4-5 characters during one stop. There are CM's with them to make sure that things flow smoothly. The CM's will also answer questions about which characters will be on the bus for the day. Have fun with it!!!

Did it have enough CM's to keep the "push and shove" from going on? I don't like having to explain to my son why grown ups act that way.

There did seem to be quite a few CM's around. I'm not sure if it was one per character but pretty close. When we were at EPCOT, there were absolutely no crowds at all. We got to the spot right before the bus would roll in and pretty much had our choice of characters. There were even some characters who had no lines at all and were looking for people to pose with! We were there Aug 9-18th. Were at EPCOT 3 different days and none of the times were the least bit crowded for the characters. The CM's did seem to keep a close eye on things and kept it organized. DH and I also hate the push and shove. We did mention it once to a CM when a few people cut in line and they handled it immediately.

That's good to kow.
At Disneyland we had SOOOO many problems at the Character Corner we decided to go elsewhere. RUDE RUDE grown ups. I hate being rude at Disneyland but, the second time the same parent (foriegn) shoved herself in front of my 8 year old, I got loud...
She understood but I felt crummy. There were no CM's there.

Is there still a character bus during the food and wine festival????

tHANKS FOR ANY INFO...:)

Yes there is a bus during that time. We went Nov. 2000 during the food and wine festival and saw it several times. The characters were Mickey, Goofy, Daisy, Winnie Eyore, Mushu,Donald,Chip ,Dale Minnie Pinnocchio,Genie, and Piglet .

The time we saw the character bus, there were quite a few people around. Our tip to see the most characters is this...My daughter & I would get in line for the one we wanted to see most, and my husband would get in line for our 2nd choice. After we finished, she would join my husband in line and I would get in line for another character. And so on, until they packed up and left. I think we saw about 6-7 of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter