Character Caravan Strategy

allicat1214

CajunDisneyMom
We just returned from six days at the Polynesian (Feb. 10-15, 2002.)

After going to all of the parks at their opening on the first four days of our trip, my 6-year-old daughter and I planned on shopping at the monorail resorts on a Thursday morning, while my husband and son did an early morning behind the scenes tour. I realized that that was a Character Caravan day, so she brought along her autograph book and I brought the camera. We went to the lobby of the Poly first and saw Pinocchio, Brer Fox, and Pluto (and another character that I didn't recognize). Then we hopped on the monorail and went to the Grand Floridian. There we saw Goofy, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum, and the White Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland. We shopped there for a while then went on to the Contemporary. There we saw Rafiki, Timon, and Balue from Jungle Book.

While I know that the Character Caravan pales in comparison to Early Entry, it is a reality and you might as well make the most of it!! We were able to get photos and autographs of characters we didn't always see in the parks. And the lines were very short --a minimal wait for each character. One day I saw Minnie in our lobby, but we already had her autograph and were going to another park for its opening. We already had autographs from Mickey & Minnie by arriving at the MK at opening earlier in the week. We also had autographs from all of the princesses from our breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table.

She really enjoyed getting all of those autographs and I enjoyed not having to wait an hour for each character!

Deb Willis' site now has the days and times of the character caravan at wdwig.com!

Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter