Character meals for adults?

ottawa-newbie

Mouseketeer
Are the character meals just as fun for a young couple? It's our first trip and I was wondering if we should plan on doing a character meal or not. If so, any recommendations as to which one(s)? :flower:

Although DH and I certainly aren't young (empty nesters), we're just a couple/no kids at WDW. We've been to several character meals and never felt uncomfortable. We've been to CP, LTT, and 1900 Park Faire. And I was at CRT breakfast with a young couple, I just remembered. Never have I felt uncomfortable without kids. Matter of fact, I'm giong to take the big plunge next solo trip and finally try a solo character meal. I think you'll have lots of fun! LTT was especially enjoyable for a couple I thought.

Yes! Go to all of them! I liked breakfast at Cape May Cafe the last time I was there.

Cape May Cafe - Goofy's Beach Blast - even has tables for 2. most of the others start with tables for 4.

Where is the Cape May Cafe located?

How far in advance do you have to reserve for the Character breakfast?

kelleigh1 said:
Where is the Cape May Cafe located?

How far in advance do you have to reserve for the Character breakfast?
Cape May Cafe is in the Beach Club. A PS may be made 90-days in advance. :)

The Crystal Palace is a great character meal. The food is very good, as is the service & character interaction. I'd recommend Chef Mickey's for breakfast (found dinner to be awful), as well as the Liberty Tree Tavern.

DH and I loved Crystal Palace. While he was in the bathroom, Tigger was trying to pick me up! It was funny.

We didn't like Liberty Tree - Stouffers food, so it tastes like a frozen dinner.

I do recommend that you make a late reservation. We had an 8:30 CP ressie only because that was the only time available on the day we wanted to go, but it ended up being great. We saw the parade while we ate dinner. The kids cleared out leaving the adults a lot of time with the characters. We think they liked playing with the adults after a day of being poked, pushed, etc by the kiddies. Dh even had a bouncing contest with Tigger.

We LOVE character meals and the characters interact with adults as much as the kiddos!

Quick story...DH's first trip was on our honeymoon 5 years ago. Since I was a WDW vet, I was so excited for him to see certain attractions. However, once he discovered the characters at meet and greets and character meals, he was worse than a little kid! Luckily the characters are in shady or airconditioned spots so it was a good WDW habit to form!

Character meals are all apart of the WDW experience and you'll love them!

Definitely do a character meal-we have done one once each trip and we have been married just under a year. For Pooh and friends, we love Crystal palace, and for Mickey and friends, we prefer Chef Mickeys!
Enjoy it and be silly! :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter