Charging to Room and DVC discounts

TiggerFreak

Never goes gankin on the Internizzle
Hi All,

Anxiously counting down the days to our first trip home!
19 to go!

Have a couple questions about charging to your room.

1. Can you have diferent people staying in the same room link their room key to thier own credit card or do all of the keys to a specific room link to just one credit card?

2. Does everyone staying at a DVC resort on points qualify for the member discounts? I am assuming that rooms using points will all have keys with "DVC" on them, correct?

Gotta go finish packing:p

Only one credit card can be used on the room keys. You can designate which room keys will have charging privledges. All the room keys have DVC member on them if you are using points. We charged dinner at Yatch'smen Steakhouse and got the discount when the server saw the DVC member on the roomkey. So if you present the room key but use another credit card you should get any discount available to DVC. We have 40 days to go!
Have a great trip.

Thanks for the info Nanajo1.

The week you are going is one of our favorite times to go, low crowds, not to hot.
From some of the posts on other boards, it doesn't look like it will be crowded the week we are going.
We are going earlier this year so we can go to MNSSHP on 10-31 :)

Hope you have a great trip!

hi: it's pretty easy to figure out who spent what and where even if it is all charged to one card. my credit card was the designated one when 14 of us went to wdw together. it was really a piece of cake to determine who owed what at the end of the trip.

One thing, if you are staying in a 2 bedroom the studio side and the one bedroom side I think can have separate charging. We did this one year when we went with another family. You can always check it out :-)

TiggerFreak,

I'm just posting because I'm impressed that someone has enough clothes to pack 19 days in advance! :D

Have a great trip!

just to provide a little more info on how they handle your credit card-

When you check in they swipe your card and place a hold on it (basically they reserve some of your credit limit for future charges). You let them know which keys will have charging priviledges back to the room.

When you 'charge' to your key- they dont zap your credit card right away. They merely add it to your bill at the hotel (or dvc).

Once your balance at the hotel approaches the amount of the hold they charge your card for the balance on your hotel account- one big charge. Than they get another hold and the process begins again.

The magic number for holds seems to be around $1000 or so- but i never really payed all that much attention.

When you check out (or anytime you ask for it) they give a printout of all the key charges to your room and all the charges to your credit card to pay for them.

The front desk will charge any card that you ask them at any time. So for example- if your guests spend a few hundred dollars one night on a key they can ask the front desk to charge their credit card an amount almost as much as they think they've spent. When you check out- you can tell by the key numbers who charged what, deduct any credit card payments to your room anyone made and let the front desk know how much you want charged to what cards to settle your bill.

If you wait to check out they may have already charge the entire balance to the credit card you gave at checkin, but even then- they will charge the other cards and credit your card if you so desire.

(sorry if i just confused ya more- ii guess my writing isnt as simple as my mind- chuckle)

Granny,

I only own 3 of each necessary item of clothing, 3 shirts, 3 pants,
3 socks,....

I need to leave one of each at home in case they lose my luggage :D

If I pack 1 of each per day I'll be completely packed by next monday:p

I'll be doing wash every day while I'm at VWL :rolleyes:

Now where did I pack those detergent tabs:confused:

Mikek,

Can I use fingers and toes when calculating everyones bill :eek:

18 days and counting, the closer it gets, the sillier I get :jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter