• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Charter airline from MSP "on hold" - probably vent

zulaya

DIS Veteran
So I thought I was pretty darn smart...booked the charter airline that's been in business for 30+ years for my December trip. Leaving on a Weds. AM flight. Went to the website to check and see what kind of plane we are flying and oddly enough it says there are no round trip airfares for my dates. So I call them and they tell me the flight is "on hold" and they aren't selling any more tickets for it. I ask why. The agent didn't know - said it could be a time change for the flights or cancelling the flights all together!

So here I am seeing red! I specifically booked the flight because it was non stop and nearly half of what NWA was charging from MSP to MCO on their non stop with similar flight times. I need those flight times - it determines everything.

Unfrotunately the agent said he had no information on when the flight would show anything differnt. Said maybe 10 business days! Now I am one of those people who like to have all their ducks in a row so this doesn't bode well for me to sleep well until I get it resolved.

Oddly enough ,this charter airline does flights to MCO on Weds and Sat. In Nov and Dec - and who knows how much earlier, they only show the Weds flights "on hold" and the Sat flights are still "bookable".

Am I overreacting? Because this sounds like they are cancelling my flight and I will have to pay A LOT more money to get on NWA or another commercial flight if this one is cancellerd

Hmmm. what is going on with MLT?

I went to MLT vacations yesterday to check fares for my Jan trip, and the website wouldn't give me a price.

Can you switch from sat to sat flights for the trip instead?

Herc.

herc.--

I could change from sat to sat, but it costs more for the airfare, I would have to change my resort ressies - if there's availability - rental car.

I have called 4 different times and no one can tell me whatr's going on. I need to have my ducks in a row - this type of thing gives me way to much stress. I should not be stressing over my vacation.

I don't know whether to stick with it, and see what happens or ditch the ressie, eatr the cancellation fee and just book with NWA. I'd have to pay more, but I'd know my flight is going to be there.

I am hoping that the real story comes out soon and that the change if any is minimal and do-able for my plans.

If it were me, I'd give it a month to wait and see.

Hey, I don't even have airfare for Jan myself yet.

If you have to go with NWA, have you checked prices to Tampa? NW was showoing MSP to TPA for 12/4/02 nonstop for $259. With my NWA club discount it was $229.

Something to consider.

Herc

we are leaving the same day you are and are not even going to book til august hopeing there is an airfare sale for december

If I had to guess, I'd say MLT is getting ready to cancel all of the Wednesday flights. They're probably not booking up to the extent MLT thinks they should be.

Have you asked them what happens if the flights do get cancelled? Maybe they will place you on the Saturday flights for the same price. Wouldn't hurt to ask. Of course that assumes a Saturday to Saturday will work for you.

My DH and I are also going in early December and I haven't booked flights yet. It's making me a little nervous because I, too, like to have things nailed down as soon as I can. But I'm not willing to pay NWA's current prices and am hoping for a sale. Tend to agree with pugdog - there will probably be a sale in August. Hoping for something around $160 RT via Continental or Delta unless I can snag something non-stop for $250 or less.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know I understand your frustration. Hope it all works out to your satsfaction soon!

I wasn't planning on booking when I did. But the airfare was $203 per person and they were in the process of raising the prices. Once I booked they were up to $208.

I finally got through to someone and they said they are cancelling my flight and will "probably" be accomodating me on NWA, but that I have to wait for a call from the resolution team, whatever that is.

suncountry is $230 leaving on wednesdays through the end of the year,I just want to wait alittle till I know they will still be around in december so I don't lose any money or grow aqn ulcer waiting.

$230 isn't bad, but I have to wait and see what happens. If they accomodate me on the NWA flight with similar flight times without additional cost, I plan to take that. If they offer me a flight that is incompatible with my plans, I might take the refund and see what happens. I just hope they call me soon. I already am upset enough as it is - I don't want to grow an ulcer over this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter