chasing away pests at bird feeder

dianemb

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know a way to keep squirrels from getting into bird feeder that won't hurt a dog? We have 2 very persistant ones near the feeder and our dog also goes near it. I have used cayenne pepper in the past but I know I can't do that with the dog around.
THANKS!!!!

Squirrels were a terrible problem for us back in Massachusetts but this feeder

OP-7103_250x300.jpg

worked to keep them out 100% of the time. It's a bit pricey (around $50) but really worth every cent. Here's a link to a site that carries them but, look around online and in r/l, I bet you can find it for less.

http://www.bestnest.com/bestnest/RTProduct.asp?SKU=OP-7103

I still have it but down here in central Florida, squirrels are not a problem. I could count on one hand the number of them I've seen since we moved here. :(

Thanks. I got a bird feeder for mothers day and want to know what I can do other than getting another one.

I say "Buster there's a squirrel" and voila, there's no more squirel at the feeder. That's what I do, once Buster did catch and kill it, that wasn't my plan.

Other than that, I do let the squirrels have the food on the side feeders where the dogs don't go. I think some people put out corn cobs for the squirrels.

Bobbi:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter