Chatter's Delight! A place to talk to your hearts desire!

DisneyStitch626 said:
That's a really awesome tattoo Michele! That guy did a great job on it.

Thank you, Andrea. Scotty is thrilled with it.

Just playing on my phone!!

Guys,

I am so stressed beyond belief. You could even say I am stressed to tears. Our front door broke today, and being frugal Loren and I decided that he would try and hang a new door. One because we paid Lowes to put in our backdoor and frankly they didn't do it right. I buy a door mistakenly believing that a door is a a standard thing. I mean face it they sell two sizes 32 inches and 36. Well it is not true. Our door that came out of the frame is 36 inches, the one we bought today was 36 but, it doesn't fit. Of course on such a day Scotty is at work, so I call a neighbor. Frank kindly comes over to help us, we clear up the problem, clearly it should fit now. Twenty minutes later I am back on the phone with Frank. He comes back and help Loren again. Surely it will hang now right? NO!!:headache:

So I do what I should have done to begin with and I try to find a professional. Goodbye trip, I see it flying out the window. I am well aware that at 4pm the prices are going to be skyhigh.:worried: So I call a door place, he gives me two contractors names. Neither of them want to give me the time of day.:mad: Put a piece of plywood up one of them tells me. Bite me I want to tell him. So I call Frank again to ask him if he can recommend someone else. He recommends that we try to hang the old door for overnight and then tomorrow morning return the first door and buy a pre-hung door. Then he and Loren will be hanging the pre-hung door tomorrow. I owe this man so much. I cannot believe what we have been through today. I feel like I have been rode hard an put away wet. Not a pretty picture.

Wow Michele, sorry you are having such a bad day. Sounds like this issue with the door is just a big door. Doors do seem like simple things, until you have to deal with one. I worked at a door company for almost 3 years (my job before maternity leave), and I was so surprised at how much goes into putting together and hanging a door. It can be a pain! Glad you found someone who is willing to help you.

I also hope you don't have to cancel your trip! You deserve to go after all you've been through lately. :hug:

Wow Michele, sorry you are having such a bad day. Sounds like this issue with the door is just a big door. Doors do seem like simple things, until you have to deal with one. I worked at a door company for almost 3 years (my job before maternity leave), and I was so surprised at how much goes into putting together and hanging a door. It can be a pain! Glad you found someone who is willing to help you.

I also hope you don't have to cancel your trip! You deserve to go after all you've been through lately. :hug:

Andrea, I am just making myself sick over this. I feel so sorry for Loren, he has been working on this door all day and he is really sore too. To top it all off the dogs knocked down part of the fence the other day and the poor guy had to fix it. I owe Loren huge!

Oh and I forgot to tell you! Scotty finally has an appointment to see the Urologist!

Andrea, I am just making myself sick over this. I feel so sorry for Loren, he has been working on this door all day and he is really sore too. To top it all off the dogs knocked down part of the fence the other day and the poor guy had to fix it. I owe Loren huge!

That sounds like such a pain! Glad you have Loren there to help you out. What a good son!

Oh and I forgot to tell you! Scotty finally has an appointment to see the Urologist!

That is such good news! I hope it turns out with good results! :goodvibes

That sounds like such a pain! Glad you have Loren there to help you out. What a good son!

That is such good news! I hope it turns out with good results! :goodvibes

Andrea, I am so proud of Loren. He worked for over 8 hours on that darn door.

It will be nice to finally know exactly what is going on.

I am here! It's this thread has basically been deserted, but good to see that we can come back sometimes!

Michele, guess what!!??!! We are getting our own Annabelle Lee! That's what the previous owner named her, and I think we will keep the name. :goodvibes

Here she is (a little different from yours):

Image-1.jpg

I am here! It's this thread has basically been deserted, but good to see that we can come back sometimes!

Michele, guess what!!??!! We are getting our own Annabelle Lee! That's what the previous owner named her, and I think we will keep the name. :goodvibes

Here she is (a little different from yours):

Image-1.jpg

Oh Andrea!! You Annabelle Lee is as adorable as our Anabell Lee is!!

Very cute, Andrea. Me and Tessa have been talking about getting a bunny. They are so cute. We just need to talk Jon into building a rabbit hutch. They are so smart as well, we had a rabbit growing up, and he would actually pee and poop in front of the toilet on a piece of newspaper. Only problem was the chewing of wires and such. We soon realized he was chewing on stereo and speaker wires!

Hey peeps! I am missing all the chatting we used to do. We need to get back to it. What has everyone been up to?

I am currently trying to save for my next Disneyland trip. I am joining the Diva's for their annual girls weekend. I've got my flight and my tickets paid for. I am planning on upgrading to an AP once I get there as we are going to go as a family next December. I am excited to actually be able get an AP! 3 years ago, I never thought I'd ever get back to DL! Now I am going for my 3rd time in as many years, and have a 4th in the works. Plus a WDW trip last April. I am loving all this Disney! :)

Anyways, other than that. I am working and spending time with my men. :goodvibes

Hey peeps! I am missing all the chatting we used to do. We need to get back to it. What has everyone been up to?

I am currently trying to save for my next Disneyland trip. I am joining the Diva's for their annual girls weekend. I've got my flight and my tickets paid for. I am planning on upgrading to an AP once I get there as we are going to go as a family next December. I am excited to actually be able get an AP! 3 years ago, I never thought I'd ever get back to DL! Now I am going for my 3rd time in as many years, and have a 4th in the works. Plus a WDW trip last April. I am loving all this Disney! :)

Anyways, other than that. I am working and spending time with my men. :goodvibes

Hi Andrea! I miss it too! I am hoping to possibly get in a family trip in September or October. I want to see the Halloween decorations. It all hinges on Scotty's health and money of course.:rotfl:

How is Scotty doing? How did all those tests go?

I hope you can get a trip in! It sounds like you all could really use one.

How is Scotty doing? How did all those tests go?

I hope you can get a trip in! It sounds like you all could really use one.

Well, he has cancer. He goes in a week from Friday for a second biopsy. I guess it is to find out how bad it is. I am not quite sure why they are making him go through that again. We could. I am still sad about having to cancel in November.

Hello everyone!!

Hi Kirsten! How are you?

Hello everyone!!

Hey there!

Well, he has cancer. He goes in a week from Friday for a second biopsy. I guess it is to find out how bad it is. I am not quite sure why they are making him go through that again. We could. I am still sad about having to cancel in November.

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear that. :( I hope that the second biopsy finds that it isn't too bad. Praying for you guys.

cancer sucks:confused3 pixie dust is going your way

Hi Kirsten! How are you?

I am well. I'm still working on my degree, but now I get to go to classrooms because I've taken all the online course that were offered. I'm back in the gym and already down 3lbs after a week and a half. Sure, it could be water weight, but I'll take it! My DD has a 4.0 gpa and my DS will be starting kindergarden this fall.

Our tax return this year is stupendous!! So much so that we are going to DL in October and staying at the DL hotel for four nights!! The last time I was there the monorail was still attached to the hotel. To top it off, DH is insisting on a park view room splurge!!

Hey there!

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear that. :( I hope that the second biopsy finds that it isn't too bad. Praying for you guys.

Thank you Andrea. I appreciate the prayers. My prayers are that the second biopsy says it isn't cancer. I realize is probably unrealistic but that is where I am at.

I am well. I'm still working on my degree, but now I get to go to classrooms because I've taken all the online course that were offered. I'm back in the gym and already down 3lbs after a week and a half. Sure, it could be water weight, but I'll take it! My DD has a 4.0 gpa and my DS will be starting kindergarden this fall.

Our tax return this year is stupendous!! So much so that we are going to DL in October and staying at the DL hotel for four nights!! The last time I was there the monorail was still attached to the hotel. To top it off, DH is insisting on a park view room splurge!!

That's great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter