Cheap and Easy Casserole...

This one is more of a side dish. My mother-in-law always referred to it as "Broccoli Gook" because it looks so bad, but it tastes GREAT and it's always a hit with guests. It's also soooooooooo easy to make!

Broccoli-Cheese Casserole

1 box Ritz Crackers, crushed
1 large block Velveeta, crumbled
3-4 packages chopped broccoli
1 stick margarine, crumbled

Mix all ingredients and pat into a casserole dish. Bake at 375-450 (the deeper the dish, the lower the heat) until the cheese and butter are totally melted and the top is golden brown.

ADD SOME SOUR CREAM (REG SIZE ) AND ADD BEFORE CHEESE INSTEAD OF MARGERINE SOOOO YUMMMMY

subscribing...i have finally decided tht i have to get more involved in cooking and being healthy for the family....

I made this tonight, very easy! I think next time I will use more chili & less corn chips though. Thanks for sharing!

Frito Pie

1 large or 2 small cans of chili
1 bag Fritos
1 pkg. shredded cheese

In casserole dish layer 1/2 of the chili, Fritos and cheese, then repeat layers. Bake covered at 350 degrees for about 30-45 minutes.

School is back in session and I could use some quick/easy dinner ideas. Let's bring this thread back from the archives!

Absolutley eeyoregon!

After Back to School shopping and lists of things we have to buy for school any money saving dinner ideas are welcomed here! :goodvibes
Have a great day ya'll! Jennifer

I got this recipe from one of my other boards and I made it last night. It was really good-my kids loved it. It has a bit of a kick so I guess you could use plain tomatoes instead of Rotel if you wanted.

Chicken Taco Soup(Crockpot)

1 chopped onion
1 16 oz can chili beans
1 15 oz can black beans
1 15 oz can corn
1 8 oz can tomatoe sauce
1 12 oz chicken broth(or beer-I used chicken broth)
2 10 oz cans diced tomatoes w/ green chilies(Rotel)
1 envelope of taco seasoning
3 chicken breasts

Place everyhting in crock except chicken, stir it all up, place chicken breasts on top, pressing down si that they are just covered with liquid. Cook on low for 5 hours, remove chicken and shred it. Put it back in and cook for about 2 more hours. Serve with shredded cheese, sour cream and tortila chips.

I got this recipe from one of my other boards and I made it last night. It was really good-my kids loved it. It has a bit of a kick so I guess you could use plain tomatoes instead of Rotel if you wanted.

Chicken Taco Soup(Crockpot)

1 chopped onion
1 16 oz can chili beans
1 15 oz can black beans
1 15 oz can corn
1 8 oz can tomatoe sauce
1 12 oz chicken broth(or beer-I used chicken broth)
2 10 oz cans diced tomatoes w/ green chilies(Rotel)
1 envelope of taco seasoning
3 chicken breasts

Place everyhting in crock except chicken, stir it all up, place chicken breasts on top, pressing down si that they are just covered with liquid. Cook on low for 5 hours, remove chicken and shred it. Put it back in and cook for about 2 more hours. Serve with shredded cheese, sour cream and tortila chips.

One question? If you use the chicken broth you can now DRINK the beer, right? :)

btw... the recipe sounds great!

This is a breakfast casserole but we love it for dinner too.

eggs - 3, beaten
evaporated milk - one 12 ounce can
shredded sharp cheddar cheese - 2 cups
shredded frozen hash browns - one 26 ounce bag, thawed
onion - 1 medium, chopped
red bell pepper - 1 small, chopped
tomatoes - 2 medium, sliced
salt - 1 teaspoon
pepper - 1/2 teaspoon
paprika - 1/2 teaspoon
dill - 2 teaspoons

Preheat oven to 350
Grease 9 x 13 baking pan

Combine: eggs, milk, cheese, salt, pepper, paprika
Add: potatoes, ham, onion, bell pepper
Pour into greased baking pan
Top with tomato slices and dill

Bake for 1 hour

I haven't read the whole thread, so hopefully this isn't a repeat. My family likes taco skillet.

Taco Skillet
1 lb ground beef
1 green pepper, diced
1 onion, diced
1 pkg taco seasoning
chopped cilantro, optional
4 c instant rice
4 c water
grated cheese
shredded lettuce
diced tomatoes
sour cream
salsa
tortilla chips, optional

Brown ground beef in skillet with onion and green pepper. Drain. Add taco seasoning, cilantro water and rice. Bring to boil, reduce heat and top with shredded cheese. Cover until rice is tender and cheese has melted. Top each serving with lettuce, tomato, sour cream, salsa as desired. Tortilla chips are good on the side if desired.

You can cook the beef, onions and peppers in advance...even freeze them. Then it's just putting the rest together. Easy!

I :love: :love: :love: this thread!!! Def subscribing, as I can ALWAYS use a great, simple, delish recipe.

Will dig thru the recipe box and make a contribution...

I figured I would start here with my question. I am making cottage pie the recipe from Rose and Crown on allearsnet.com. The recipe calls for ground savory my local grocery store doesn't carry it and my walmart is out. If you use ground savory what would you replace it with if you were out or couldn't get any.

I figured I would start here with my question. I am making cottage pie the recipe from Rose and Crown on allearsnet.com. The recipe calls for ground savory my local grocery store doesn't carry it and my walmart is out. If you use ground savory what would you replace it with if you were out or couldn't get any.

I'm sorry I don't have an answer to your question, but what is ground savory? I have never heard of that before:goodvibes . Gosh, do I live in a closet or something??:lmao:

This is a crockpot recipe, so not exactly a casserole, but it's cheap and easy.

Crockpot Chicken & Dumplings

4 chicken breasts, cut into pieces
2 cans cream of chicken soup, condensed -- (10.75 ounce)
1 onion -- finely diced
1 package refrigerated biscuits -- (10 ounce) torn into pieces
baby carrots, optional

Place the chicken, soup, and onion in a slow cooker, and fill with enough water to cover ( I use about 2-21/2 cups). Cover the slow cooker, and cook for 5 to 6 hours on High.
Tear each biscuit into 8 pieces or so. ABout 60 minutes before serving, put in baby carrots. About 30 minutes before serving, place the torn biscuit dough in the slow cooker. Cook until the dough is no longer raw in the center.

This is one of those recipes you can "tweak". Prefer whole chicken breasts? That's fine. Don't like onions? Leave them out. I like the carrots added in, but it's fine without.

I chop the chicken, add the soup and onion, and freeze in a ziplock bag. Then I take out when I want to have it, add the water and cook all day. It's great for busy days.

My kids LOVE it

Julia

Ok, my crockpot is covered with dust...entice me to clean it off with some yummy crock-pot ideas please. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter