Check name on DAS

HopperFan

"It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess."
Well a first for us. When we got to the first ride there was lots of CM confusion but they didn’t elaborate and sent us through. At second one confusion again but they tried to help ….. apparently even though the right persons photo was taken they had put DAS on wrong ticket so we needed that person to scan first. No big since we were not splitting up but it really could have been a problem for some.

Added observations: Many attractions even popular like SM had ONE CM who gave out times and checked you back through. They also handled Child Swap. We found we were waiting in lines twice just to enter. There were also lots in line attempting to get DAS who were not in system or asking to go through with their resort card because they believed it was like UO included Express. Having less CMs definitely impacted this part. Pack your patience, poor CMs.

Last edited:
Well a first for us. When we got to the first ride there was lots of CM confusion but they didn’t elaborate and sent us through. At second one confusion again but they tried to help ….. apparently even though the right persons photo was taken they had put DAS on wrong ticket so we needed that person to scan first. No big since we were not splitting up but it really could have been a problem for some.
This is good info @HopperFan . Last time we were there they added my son who has no park pass and hasn't been in a few years as our main contact leaving my DH off altogether. Easily fixed but still took time when we usually just renew.

Haven't they always had just one CM stationed at the FP+ tap and one for the other stuff? And since they don't have FP+ right now, they wouldn't need that CM? We've always had to wait (for FP+ tap or questions for the the CM regarding access) because there have been people who argue about FP, try to get in without it, or stand there in front of the queue waiting for their time, on top of the people requesting DAS, return access, child swap, etc. I'd think that without FP the process should be faster?

Haven't they always had just one CM stationed at the FP+ tap and one for the other stuff? And since they don't have FP+ right now, they wouldn't need that CM? We've always had to wait (for FP+ tap or questions for the the CM regarding access) because there have been people who argue about FP, try to get in without it, or stand there in front of the queue waiting for their time, on top of the people requesting DAS, return access, child swap, etc. I'd think that without FP the process should be faster?

Problem is if the CM is setting up DAS or Child Swap those returning have to wait in line until they can stop and let you through.

On return the DAS is scanned they then have to check it on the screen, do their “override” and watch as rest of party scans. Before one person gave out times and another watched over entry. I assume they check Child Swaps too.

We were finding many rides had one CM doing both jobs. So there were two lines and they worked both.

Problem is if the CM is setting up DAS or Child Swap those returning have to wait in line until they can stop and let you through.

On return the DAS is scanned they then have to check it on the screen, do their “override” and watch as rest of party scans. Before one person gave out times and another watched over entry. I assume they check Child Swaps too.

We were finding many rides had one CM doing both jobs. So there were two lines and they worked both.

How long of a wait are you talking about?

Yikes, even under “normal” circumstances they’re too understaffed to perform efficiently. If they’re even more understaffed now I shudder to think what it’s like.

Added observations: Many attractions even popular like SM had ONE CM who gave out times and checked you back through. They also handled Child Swap. We found we were waiting in lines twice just to enter. There were also lots in line attempting to get DAS who were not in system or asking to go through with their resort card because they believed it was like UO included Express. Having less CMs definitely impacted this part. Pack your patience, poor CMs.
If possible, go in by yourself to get the DAS or have one person to assist. If everyone is liked in MDE, you shouldn't need anyone's magic band/ticket, except the person who is getting the DAS. Doing it this way greatly reduces the chance of this happening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter