Check out my online DVC Point Tracker... (link posted in First Message)

It also works fine on my Mac G4 with MacOS 10.4.2.

Some suggestions:
(1) allow numbers of consecutive days to be updated after first date is selected.
(2) allow selection of a range of dates by clicking on the first date, then (shift)-clicking on the last date.

Seems to work for me, G5 OS10.4.2. That's assuming I knew what it was suposted to do!

Erikthewise's suggestions are good ones. I was thinking the same thing!

erikthewise said:
It also works fine on my Mac G4 with MacOS 10.4.2.

Some suggestions:
(1) allow numbers of consecutive days to be updated after first date is selected.
(2) allow selection of a range of dates by clicking on the first date, then (shift)-clicking on the last date.

Do you mean that you want it to default back to 1 after you've booked a range of days? I leave it at what your selection was because I imagined that if you were just booking a range to see how many points it was you'd want to be able to unbook it just as easily. Do you follow what I mean?

I can look into doing a shift click, but I'm pretty limited as to what I can do with the browser to make it available for everyone.

Thanks for the feedback though!

I really like the fact that the points accumulate instead of defaulting back to 0 - that way I can plan the whole entire year ! :cheer2:

I also like the fact that I can use this planner on a Mac. :)

Currently the months only go to November 2006. Will you be expanding the calendar ?

Thanks for all of your hard work putting this together ! :badpc:

SueBill said:
Currently the months only go to November 2006. Will you be expanding the calendar ?

Thanks for all of your hard work putting this together ! :badpc:

Yes, I will be adding more months/years. I'll add what DVC officially releases - I know they've just put up 2007 so I will be adding that soon.

Looking good to me. I will love it when the tracking of points is added:) That is one part that I just dislike in trying to keep up with our points. Thanks for the site!!

jfulcer said:
Do you mean that you want it to default back to 1 after you've booked a range of days? I leave it at what your selection was because I imagined that if you were just booking a range to see how many points it was you'd want to be able to unbook it just as easily. Do you follow what I mean?

I can look into doing a shift click, but I'm pretty limited as to what I can do with the browser to make it available for everyone.

Thanks for the feedback though!

What I meant re number of consecutive days is that you should be able to click on the first day, THEN edit the number of days field, and have the calendar update accordingly. You may need an update button to make this work. My experience was that I naturally do things in this order, and it was not working.

What I meant by suggesting (shift)-click is that either an ordinary click should extend dates selected, or if you prefer use shift-click instead. I think an ordinary click for extending the range of dates would be fine, as why else would you be clicking on two non-consecutive dates?

TammyNC said:
Looking good to me. I will love it when the tracking of points is added:) That is one part that I just dislike in trying to keep up with our points. Thanks for the site!!

I'm almost done with that part. I was going to have my system automagically give you your years points, but I don't know if I want to get into that yet. So when you start tracking, you will need to enter your yearly points (but I'll try to make that really easy)

erikthewise said:
What I meant re number of consecutive days is that you should be able to click on the first day, THEN edit the number of days field, and have the calendar update accordingly. You may need an update button to make this work. My experience was that I naturally do things in this order, and it was not working.

What I meant by suggesting (shift)-click is that either an ordinary click should extend dates selected, or if you prefer use shift-click instead. I think an ordinary click for extending the range of dates would be fine, as why else would you be clicking on two non-consecutive dates?

Ahhh but see there wherein lies the problem. I can't assume that if someone clicks on a monday and then friday they want mon-fri selected. I can see where someone COULD have a Mon-Tues ressie, then stay someplace else for two days, then go to another DVC resort. I have to try to imagine all the different permutations and code the easiest/best.

I see your idea about clicking a day in the calendar, then update the consecutive days and click a 'button' to book a series of days. IMHO that's more steps than you really need though. It's an extra click.

TammyNC said:

Point tracking page is now online. I've made other minor improvements suggested here on the DIS and from other PMs.

I'm working on printing now.

The Calendar is now drap and droppable for booking multi-day periods. Click on the start day and drag to the end and it will add that range of dates to your plan...

Enjoy! Printing is coming soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter