• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Checked in at SSR (with photos!)

Glad to see you back on the boards, Doc! As always, thanks for the wonderful and detailed information!!!

Doc,

Thank you so much for taking your vacation time to keep us all up to date on SSR.

The resort sounds wonderful.

With all your great info and pictures, you should be the "official" DVC salesman for the Disboards ;)

Wow, this is nicer than I imagined. I hadn't noticed plans for a BBQ or children's play area and if they mentioned it to me in the sales presentation it was glossed over. This makes SSR even better!

::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo :jester:

Your review & photos are wonderful, Doc! Thank you SO much for taking the time out of your vacation to post this for all of us to read! Hopefully you are finding time to relax and enjoy your stay at SSR in the midst of reviewing everything for us...but meanwhile it's awfully nice living vicariously through your trip!

:sunny:

(PS--If you plan on going to any of the Parks while staying at SSR, would you mind letting us know how the bus service is for picking people up FROM the Park, to go back to SSR? I'm hoping it's quicker service than what I experienced at PO--Riverside last year...)

Doc, thanks for taking the time from your vacation to share info & photos of SSR!

Thanks so much for the info and pictures!! We will be staying there this December!! My kids can't wait to use the pool!

Thanks Doc.

Sounds like you are having a great time and keeping us informed at the same time.

Glad to see you around again.

Enjoy the rest of your vacation.

Great report, as usual, Doc! I'm glad they used the OKW type railings! What a beautiful view and resort! Cute little towel horse too!

thanks for the post!

One (weird) question, do you feel like you are at Disney while at SSR?

Thanks for the ace reporting from SSR Doc :wave:
How are the prices at the food court ? Are they in-line with all the other prices at the other resort food courts or is it a tad more upscale ?
The pics are great and that view is fantastic---must look even better at night all lit up !

Originally posted by MiaSRN62
How are the prices at the food court ? Are they in-line with all the other prices at the other resort food courts or is it a tad more upscale ?

The menu offerings are certainly more upscale than the other food courts, but the prices seem to be in line with others. There is a Chef's Special offered each day- I think it was Turkey w/ stuffing or Baked Ham @ $8.99 last night. They also have a breakfast menu and other choices during the day.

The resort definitely has all of the typical Disney touches evident. The rooms have hidden Mickey's (check out the headboard in the master bedroom) and the theming is consistent- like in all of the onsite resorts.

Very enjoyable!

more upscale than the other food courts, but the prices seem to be in line with others. There is a Chef's Special offered each day- I think it was Turkey w/ stuffing or Baked Ham @ $8.99 last night.
Thanks for the response Doc. Artist's Palette sounds like it compliments the resort very nicely.

Asked this before and told no one would be staying at SSR until MH, But I knew better then that.

Do you have the fold out double in your room? What is it like? really comfortable or just a normal fold out?

Penny

Hope you are having a wonderful time. SSR looks like it is a great addition to DVC.

Thank you so much for this Doc! it makes the wait until I can go seem (a bit) more bearable!!

Thank you! Enjoy the rest of your stay.

Karen

I wanna be Doc whne I grow up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter