"checking out" mid-stay?

jsgabel

Earning My Ears
We'll be at WDW this weekend. Our stay begins in regular season, but changes to value season halfway through the visit.

I decided not to make two reservations originally, but I would like to ask when we check in if they are willing to check us out mid-stay and check us back in so that we can take advantage of the lower per-night rate. If it is doable – I understand that we may need to pack up and switch rooms.

Has anyone had success with this in the past? Any tips? Any success with a lowered rate without moving rooms or totally checking out? Thanks!

I was at POR last year when the rates changed. There was a very long line the day the rates changed with people having to check out and then check back in.

I would plan on doing that. I don't think they make exceptions to that. You probably would get the same room if you mention it at check in.

If I were you I would call CRO now and ask what their policy is while you still have time.

I'm confused. When you book your stay, are you forced to pay the same rate for every nite, even if the rates change part way through your stay? I've stayed at plenty of hotels (not Disney) where the nightly rate changed during the stay. For example, the weeknite rate was less than the weekend rate. Its quite a ripoff if Disney doesn't do that.

Steve

We were at the Poly two years ago.
CRO was able to get me a "managers special" for the first three nights only. We made a second reservation for the remainder of our trip as per CRO CM! It was great of her to do this for me. She noted on our reservation that the two reservations were connecting. She did state that we would have to go down and check out and then check in. Gave us new keys and new parking paper. Took all of 10 minutes. Very painless. No, we did not have to switch rooms, but we were prepared to. They really try to keep you in the same room if at all possible. It was worth the $$ we saved doing it this way.

Hope this helps.:D

That's incredible. I'm surprised I never heard anyone complain about this policy before now. Obviously it doesn't affect the vast majority of visitors, only those whose stay straddles the season change, but still I'm sure that is a reasonable number of people getting ripped off.

Steve

Obviously it doesn't affect the vast majority of visitors, only those whose stay straddles the season change, but still I'm sure that is a reasonable number of people getting ripped off.

But it works the other way too.....if you check in during value season and then it moves into Holiday season you pay the value season price even if you're there during a holiday such as Christmas. ;)

Other hotels I have found in the WDW area for Christmas automatically charge you the higher rate for the days closest to Christmas and even the days after up through NYE even if you check in during a value rate time period.

Obviously it doesn't affect the vast majority of visitors, only those whose stay straddles the season change, but still I'm sure that is a reasonable number of people getting ripped off.

We are going at Christmas time this year and I made sure that we arrived on 12/19, as this was the last date of value season. Now I have the value season rate for our 9 day stay.

Its nice when you can play it to your advantage. I just feel sorry for the folks who get the other end of the deal. You can get around it by making two seperate reservations but there's really no reason for the hotel to make you do that. I'm sure their system is capable of billing 2 different rates during your stay. As I said, I've certainly done it other places.

Steve

You can very easliy make two reservations one for one season one for the other to over come this. But like others have said it can work to your advantage if you play it right

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter