Cheers to Character Cavalcades, Cocktails and Celebrations! 2/1 3 HUGE ANNOUNCEMENTS!!!

So glad you were able to have your mum round for Thanksgiving. The very idea of her being on her own doesn't bear thinking about and it sounds like you did everything possible to keep safe. We are having my daughter and her family here for Christmas and my eldest son who has been living with them, but to be fair the rules here are being changed for 5 days around Christmas that allow a maximum of 3 families to celebrate together and we will still be less than that. I cannot wait for them to get here-there will be much hugging and possibly the odd tear (it's been a loooong year). 1st person got vaccinated here today so I'm hopeful the end is in sight.

Love all your decorations and enjoying the vlogs as always. Building the light saber looked so cool. I think my son-in-law would love to do that!
Hope you have a great Christmas and hugs to your mum. It will be a strange time for you all but I hope you get to enjoy eachother's company over the holidays :hug:

Absolutely 100% agree with you on Grand Floridian Cafe. I think we have added it to our must-do list in the future for breakfast, especially after the meals we had in August and November this year. YUM!

I had to jump on and comment that Jen and Joe on the go has had hubs and I cracking up - the vlogmas episodes - the wine.....we both thought you should toss the box. Your facial expressions are the best! Glad you got a slightly better one for episode 5. Love your pj's!

I’ve been waiting for Joe’s build video!!! Honestly one of the coolest experiences in WDW. I love my lightsaber, and I loved my experience. Love that Joe finished first. He knew exactly what he wanted. Also your lead builder was excellent (I might be a bit partial to mine though...) and overall looks like you had a great time.

First holidays after losing someone are hard, especially now. No one should be alone. I have several friends who consider their two households as one household because living alone is tough and having another person you can hang out with makes it waaaay easier. I don’t know what I would do if I lived alone... probably go nuts. Glad to see you were able to spend time with you mom. I’m sure it meant the world to her.

I never realized that the light saber experience was so immersive. It would almost be worth building a lightsaber just for the "show". Is this a place where only ticketed people can enter?

I like the way you made the light saber a secret from Darth Vader. I can picture him approaching you and asking what you are up to. ;) My husband was approached by General Hux while he was waiting outside Oga's. Hux asked my husband to join the Empire and my husband played along with it, which was fun. :)

I love the ornaments on your Disney tree. My mom used to love to shop at the Christmas store in Disney Springs and we have some ornaments from there. :)

We had a cat for more than 20 years and he never bothered the tree too much. He would routinely rub up against it and frequently sleep under it. And he even tried to climb it a few times. But he never knocked it over or damaged the ornaments, although he did knock some of them off. I just used unbreakable ornaments on the lower branches and it was fine. :)

I like your table at the GFC. It is bright and cheerful there in the morning. Do you have any plans to stay at the GF in the future?

Last edited:
Terribly behind but now I'm caught back up. Glad Joe enjoyed his saber build. DH did this last year and really enjoyed it. Beautiful decorations! We cut back on decorating last year since we sent a week in Disney. This year I was able to go all out and actually felt like going all out. Our cats have behaved so far and only tried to climb the tree once while we were still putting together. The do love sleeping under the tree. I've never eaten at the GFC but Danielle ate there for the first time while on her very short DCP and really liked it.

Hope you have a great Christmas and hugs to your mum. It will be a strange time for you all but I hope you get to enjoy eachother's company over the holidays :hug:
Hi Moira! My mom is actually in Florida and will be spending the holidays with my sister and Gia. Yay!

Absolutely 100% agree with you on Grand Floridian Cafe. I think we have added it to our must-do list in the future for breakfast, especially after the meals we had in August and November this year. YUM!
I know, right!!! It's just fabulous!

I would love to have a Mickey waffle right now!
We definitely will be trying GFC on one of our next trips. It is funny how many times we have stayed at GF and still haven’t dined there!
Caroline, yes, you must give it a try!!!

I had to jump on and comment that Jen and Joe on the go has had hubs and I cracking up - the vlogmas episodes - the wine.....we both thought you should toss the box. Your facial expressions are the best! Glad you got a slightly better one for episode 5. Love your pj's!
HAHA! Thank you. The jammies are from Target. Joe's were from Disney.
The wine calendar has been fun, but we need something different for next year, something a little, BETTER, lol!!!

I’ve been waiting for Joe’s build video!!! Honestly one of the coolest experiences in WDW. I love my lightsaber, and I loved my experience. Love that Joe finished first. He knew exactly what he wanted. Also your lead builder was excellent (I might be a bit partial to mine though...) and overall looks like you had a great time.
He was so excited to do this. He was like a little kid in a candy store.

First holidays after losing someone are hard, especially now. No one should be alone. I have several friends who consider their two households as one household because living alone is tough and having another person you can hang out with makes it waaaay easier. I don’t know what I would do if I lived alone... probably go nuts. Glad to see you were able to spend time with you mom. I’m sure it meant the world to her.
We had such a good holiday, We were so happy she was with us.

I love the ornaments on your Disney tree. My mom used to love to shop at the Christmas store in Disney Springs and we have some ornaments from there. :)
Thank you. The ornaments this year from Disney have been some of the best ever.

I like your table at the GFC. It is bright and cheerful there in the morning. Do you have any plans to stay at the GF in the future?
It was a perfect table and a perfect breakfast.

Terribly behind but now I'm caught back up. Glad Joe enjoyed his saber build. DH did this last year and really enjoyed it. Beautiful decorations! We cut back on decorating last year since we sent a week in Disney. This year I was able to go all out and actually felt like going all out. Our cats have behaved so far and only tried to climb the tree once while we were still putting together. The do love sleeping under the tree. I've never eaten at the GFC but Danielle ate there for the first time while on her very short DCP and really liked it.
I wish our kittens would behave, lol!

After breakfast, we drove over to Vineland to visit the Character Warehouse. It had recently reopened and we were dying to check out the merch. Would it be the same stuff from March or would they have new inventory? That turned out to be a bust. After waiting over an hour to get in, we left. They were only allowing 5 guests in at one time. The waiting list we were on to get in didn't seem to be moving. So, instead, we grabbed a Starbucks and walked back to the car to regroup. We needed a plan B.

Fortunately, the day wasn't lost. Instead of shopping, we met the beautiful @pepperandchips and her hubby, R at Geyser Point. This was the best decision of the day. We sat at a table overlooking the water, and enjoyed several drinks and those delicious homemade chips with brisket and melted cheese. YUM!!! I can't even remember what we had to drink, BUT I do have pics. LOL!

We were supposed to be spending the day at AK, but this turned out to be so much better. Any time we get to spend relaxing with friends is a win in my book!!!

Before we left the beautiful Wilderness Lodge and our lovely friends, Joe and I felt we needed another snack. We popped on into Roaring Forks and shared a Mickey Bar and took a Magic Bar to go. #winning!

Next up, our last dinner in Disney with the Besties!!!

645750D1-5C79-4860-ADA0-4D5E640FCE62.jpeg5FF58F00-7446-40EA-BB2A-1DA44419632A.jpegB0E3D359-0FDC-44A8-B8A6-ED7B26A9C6FD.jpegED4FF02B-2244-4D60-92EC-DA96A61ED40B.jpeg

GFC has become a place we visit every trip. We went through a bit of a rough spell a little over a year ago and I was pretty convinced we wouldn't go back. I'm so happy we gave it another shot earlier this year. The food and service have been amazing. We also have plans to go back next year. But, that's news I will share at another time... 🙂
Love the GF cafe! I was drooling over those biscuits and Joe's avocado toast!
Hi Moira! My mom is actually in Florida and will be spending the holidays with my sister and Gia. Yay!
Great news! Being with Gia will be so lovely and help ease the first Christmas without your dad.
Fortunately, the day wasn't lost. Instead of shopping, we met the beautiful @pepperandchips and her hubby, R at Geyser Point. This was the best decision of the day. We sat at a table overlooking the water, and enjoyed several drinks and those delicious homemade chips with brisket and melted cheese. YUM!!! I can't even remember what we had to drink, BUT I do have pics. LOL!
Yum, yum and yum! Bill and I LOVE Geyser Point! It is such an awesome spot to chill with drinks, food and conversation! :)

After breakfast, we drove over to Vineland to visit the Character Warehouse. It had recently reopened and we were dying to check out the merch.
It never even crossed my mind when we were at Universal in July that Character Warehouse was closed!! We had rented a car for the day (to go to Gatorland!) and I made Rob drive to the mall afterward......we finally found the store and I could have just cried when I saw it was CLOSED!!

I'm sad you waited in line over an hour and didn't even get in! Sounds like I should be glad we didn't really miss anything!

Those are such cute pics of you and @pepperandchips . Definitely sounds like a winning afternoon!

Sorry to read about the Character Warehouse bust. Yeah the few times I managed to visit there it was total chaos...I can't imagine how they are doing things post-covid since it's a pretty small place. You can find some good things there sometimes...but not sure it's worth all of that.

Great idea ending up at Geyser Point. It has become a new favorite for us as well, sad we spent so little time there back in Oct/Nov as we had several visits back in August.

Nice relaxing time at Geyser Point. Another stop we need to add to the list of someday.

The Mickey Ice Cream Bar is my traditional favorite treat.

I love Geyeser Point! And that drink looks yummy!
GP has really become a favorite since May 2019.

Those are such cute pics of you and @pepperandchips . Definitely sounds like a winning afternoon!
Thank you. I love her!!!! She's such a good friend.

Great idea ending up at Geyser Point. It has become a new favorite for us as well, sad we spent so little time there back in Oct/Nov as we had several visits back in August.
Isn't it just such a cool place to relax and have a cocktail!!!

Nice relaxing time at Geyser Point. Another stop we need to add to the list of someday.
YES!!! Find time to check it out for sure!!!

That sounds amazing! Also that frozen concoction drink looked really good too!
I don't even remember what it was, but it was really good.

I am loving your trip report so far! You always have so much fun! Thanks for sharing your adventures with us!
Aww! Thank you! I feel like crap that I've neglected it so much recently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter