• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chefs de France or Yactsman?

beachesncream

Mouseketeer
We may have to choose bwt Chefs de France or Yachtsman Steakhouse for dinner. I am leaning towards ordering steak from both places so I am not sure which we should go to... any opinions?

My vote would definitely go to LCdF, although I've never eaten steak there. My favorite dish is the duck, but we've never had a bad meal there regardless of what we ordered. We were very disappointed in the Yachtsman Steakhouse. It seems to get good reviews, but we felt it was no better than our local steakhouses. Compared to a Western Sizzler, etc., it would rate favorably, but not compared to better steakhouses. Of course, everyone has different tastes & expectations, but this restaurant definitely didn't meet ours. Have a great trip! :)

I checked the Chef's Dinner Menu on Deb's board and there are only two steak items.

If you are just looking for grilled/broiled steak I would suggest one of the four major steakhouses on WDW. My personal choices, in order, are the Concourse at the Contemporary, le Cellier in Canada, Yachtsman in the Yacht Club or Shula's in the Dolphin.

I live in the midwest and work at an upscale steakhouse, so I am hard to impress as far as a good steak and wine is concerned. I know so many love YS, but I truly believe the best steak on property is Shula's. I bet that most that like YS have never gone there. Great atmosphere, beautiful menu, excellent wine list. It is what a real steakhouse is meant to be. YS is not bad, Shula's is better. If you want a steak, go there. Cd'F is one of my favorite restaurant's. I go there once a trip. Enjoy French cuisine there, not steaks.

We found YSH to have delicious Prime Rib & Filet. We also enjoyed all the salad, sides, and bread we got there. It really was the perfect meal.

Have any of your kids (or adults) gotten on the kid's menu-- the burger on a brioche bun at Chefs? I was wondering if it is any good...

Personally, I like the steak at Flying Fish and Jiko's much better.

The last time we dined at LCdF we were disappointed. It was the first time I've ever sent food back in a restaurant - Lamb Shank. Three others dining near us did the same. The thing that annoyed me was the server kept insisting nothing was wrong with it.

For a great steak, I would definitely choose Yachtsman. We've been there many times and never been disappointed. It's a bit noisy in some sections, but it doesn't really distract from the meal.

Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter