Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

Last night was celebrity night for me.

I am FB friends with a die hard Cubs fan who is a meteorologist for our local CBS affiliate. I met him at the Cubs game and I’ve run into him a couple of times at and around the park. His tickets are behind home plate in the 100 level so I went to visit him before the game. He wasn’t in his regular seat because he was moved over a section for Cubs family.

When I arrived to see him, he was chatting with a woman a few rows in front of his regular seats. It was Laurie Rizzo, Anthony’s mom. He came up to his seat when he was done and we chatted a while. He pointed out Zobie’s family and KB’s brother Nick. I tried not to be star struck. As I was leaving, a number of young women in matching black tracksuits with players numbers in gold arrived carrying glasses of champagne. A little early for champagne, but it obviously didn’t hurt the mojo.

The celebrity sighting did not stop there! I saw the big kahuna himself: Tom Ricketts and is wife. Tom looked rich-guy-normal, Cecilia was dripping in diamonds. They were traveling fast along the walkway in the middle of the inning and I was had just come up with a loaded hot dog and beer. I almost bumped into overdressed Cecilia! Thanks for the team Tom. Sorry about the Old Style and neon green relish Cecilia.
I am convinced you must repeat every step of this again tonight :goodvibes

I didn't think you were going and trying to find someone to take your tickets. Guess you went after all...good for you!
No I had an extra pair. I bought them last week thinking that one of my friends could go without asking them in advance. No one wanted to go to the game and I was stuck with them. I would have made my money back on them if I had put them up on StubHub right away but I dithered too long trying to find them a good home.

I am very mad at myself (NOT my friends) for doing something so foolish. I lost a boatload of money in an already expensive week for me.

No I had an extra pair. I bought them last week thinking that one of my friends could go without asking them in advance. No one wanted to go to the game and I was stuck with them. I would have made my money back on them if I had put them up on StubHub right away but I dithered too long trying to find them a good home.

I am very mad at myself (NOT my friends) for doing something so foolish. I lost a boatload of money in an already expensive week for me.
hold up.....I 100% WANTED to go, friggin' real life made me be an adult and had to say no :sad::sad::sad:

The pulse is getting stronger.....we have seen/hit Kershaw plenty to have a fighting chance. The Cubs get the W tonight and we have the Dodger's right where we want them, lol.

I am also hoping the Karma God's took full note of Granderson and Robert's getting that call. Brewers did the same and greedily accepted the Marlin's series knowing full well the advantage it gave them. Karma came back to get them. I have faith the black cloud has started growing over the Dodger's. When you show million's of people you have to cheat to get there, the pressure is on.

and also, once we have the lead...WALK JUSTIN TURNER!!!!!!!! Cubs have 11 career home runs off Kershaw~ keep 'em coming. Tonight's Ump behind the plate better egt the zone right as well. Yeah, we have walked a lot of Dodger players...have also had a lot of help doing that.

Last edited:
and also, once we have the lead...WALK JUSTIN TURNER!!!!!!!! Cubs have 11 career home runs off Kershaw~ keep 'em coming. Tonight's Ump behind the plate better egt the zone right as well. Yeah, we have walked a lot of Dodger players...have also had a lot of help doing that.
Better yet, hit him like we did to Utley (one of my highlights last night).

"One at a time!" Love that. And also loved Javy's big bubble when he hit the second home run.

TONIGHT'S "LET'S TAKE THIS BACK TO L.A." LINEUP!

ROSSY throwing out the first pitch & 7TH INNING! Wayne Messmer doing the Anthem!!!

LET'S GO CUBBIES.. I BELIEVE!!!! I BELIEVE!!!!!
727fa3000382c015fb3c7cb01dd8ab54--cubs-pictures-cubs-baseball.jpg
c3b9197e2f852b664620fd89b6f42c99.jpg

DMhgRfXV4AAo6aq.jpg:large

I just might hop the 5 o'clock train down......

Robin, I’m so glad you were there last night!! And whoohoo on all your celebrity sightings. :thumbsup2 You may have figured out the ladies in black track suits were Cubs wives. I follow a couple of them on Insta.

Anyway, you and Fin have fun and cheer loudly for all of us!!:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter