• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

I said I would be counting the days until Spring Training..but this is until the first official game of the season ~ against Miami March 29. Season starts early

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdo...untdown+to+Cubs+2018+Opening+Day&font=cursive

Eamus Catuli
AC0001001
Yep, they play the first four games in Miami and I'm going to try to get tickets to all four games. They don't play the Rays next year and only play the Marlins in Miami once. So hopefully, we can get tickets to all four games.

Thank you all. I'm a newbie here and am really glad I found this place. You've all been terrific and so positive. Best forum ever !!
---
As to last night... feel like it's all been said so well here already. The drubbing helped immensely with the grieving and processing. Went through all the classic so-called Kubler-Ross grieving steps- denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance - in the last 5 innings. (Whoa didn't realize till just now that it's almost "Kluber-Ross"... that's a whole other metaphysical discussion back to game 7.)

In 2016, we had 5 of 11 "easier" wins and 6 nail biters.

In 2017, we had ZERO easy ones and 4 of 4 serious nail biters. That sums up our sheer will.

But Game 5 NLDS was incredible, and I'll never forget that one.

Also, I think we won the pennant if the games were only 5 innings. :thumbsup2
---
Looking forward to next year. Thanks everyone. I'm going to add my prediction of a very very unlikely and hyperoptimistic 101, but would like to be able to change it after the off-season moves. Go Cubbies.

Theo says team is entering a period where the Front Office will be open to trading piece from the MLB roster. I'd love to see them go after Archer to replace Jake.

Thank you all. I'm a newbie here and am really glad I found this place. You've all been terrific and so positive. Best forum ever !!
---
As to last night... feel like it's all been said so well here already. The drubbing helped immensely with the grieving and processing. Went through all the classic so-called Kubler-Ross grieving steps- denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance - in the last 5 innings. (Whoa didn't realize till just now that it's almost "Kluber-Ross"... that's a whole other metaphysical discussion back to game 7.)

In 2016, we had 5 of 11 "easier" wins and 6 nail biters.

In 2017, we had ZERO easy ones and 4 of 4 serious nail biters. That sums up our sheer will.

But Game 5 NLDS was incredible, and I'll never forget that one.

Also, I think we won the pennant if the games were only 5 innings. :thumbsup2
---
Looking forward to next year. Thanks everyone. I'm going to add my prediction of a very very unlikely and hyperoptimistic 101, but would like to be able to change it after the off-season moves. Go Cubbies.

Well gang~ that is QUITE the compliment! Cub Nation has the best fan's
Cubs scored the 2nd most runs of the season,,, we just have to get those consistent and stop with the walks. The Playoff pitching they faced was of stellar caliber and they faced most of them twice. As you said, if the games ended at 5 we're holding the pennant trophy again. However, the Cubs using every opportunity to start laying the groundwork for next season, take this example:
Jon Jay told Almora: "Look at the expressions on their face when they’re celebrating on your field. Let that sink in and learn from that."

Glad you joined us SEPO and I think you should share a certain memory whenever you are ready or able..would bring a huge smile or tear to a lot of fans on this page.

Predictions are flexible up until the 1st Marlin's game! Speaking of the Marlin's , you never know who the Cub's are going to look at. I am in "Please Jake, don't go to Cardinal's, Red's , Brewers (don't think they have the budget tho) Dodger's, Nat's or NYY....guess I could deal with the Giant's lol all are real posibilities. I think maybe, SD and hang with Szczur and Wood. :D

Well gang~ that is QUITE the compliment! Cub Nation has the best fan's
Cubs scored the 2nd most runs of the season,,, we just have to get those consistent and stop with the walks. The Playoff pitching they faced was of stellar caliber and they faced most of them twice. As you said, if the games ended at 5 we're holding the pennant trophy again. However, the Cubs using every opportunity to start laying the groundwork for next season, take this example:
Jon Jay told Almora: "Look at the expressions on their face when they’re celebrating on your field. Let that sink in and learn from that."

Glad you joined us SEPO and I think you should share a certain memory whenever you are ready or able..would bring a huge smile or tear to a lot of fans on this page.

Predictions are flexible up until the 1st Marlin's game! Speaking of the Marlin's , you never know who the Cub's are going to look at. I am in "Please Jake, don't go to Cardinal's, Red's , Brewers (don't think they have the budget tho) Dodger's, Nat's or NYY....guess I could deal with the Giant's lol all are real posibilities. I think maybe, SD and hang with Szczur and Wood. :D
I like that. They need to hang that up in the locker room.

I actually had already put it into my DIS signature after you suggested that. In case though, here it is:

It’s a bit of a long video. Basically the story is that my good friend from Arizona insisted, after we were down 1-3 last year, that we grab tix (refundable) to the improbable game 7 that could happen. So, we did. And we went! My awesome wife insisted I go too. While there we bumped into 2 of my other friends (one of whom is the guy who did the “we’re not worthy” bowing (at his brothers insistence) after the Baez homer, which got a lot of TV play). Last month I finally finished the overdue trip video of that experience. It’s almost all from our own pics and videos. I tried to tell the story of what it felt like. Plays better if you turn up the volume. If you have time to waste, please enjoy!

Last edited:
this is the greatest day after elimination video EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!! The boys are gonna be JUST fine

Rizzo had been telling Pedro all season that he could strike him out...and today he got his chance

https://streamable.com/gkdup

That video was awesome! I had the same thought as you Fin - they’re going to be just fine! Good to see them having fun and laughing.

Theo says team is entering a period where the Front Office will be open to trading piece from the MLB roster. I'd love to see them go after Archer to replace Jake.

I don’t know enough to know who we should go after but I hope they do some serious changes to our pitching roster. Speaking of Jake, I saw that he has a For Sale sign in his yard. We all knew he was leaving and I guess this confirms it (sorta).

Someone help me out - Davis is a FA now, correct? What’s the word on him?

Loved that video. But, darn it, got a bunch of dust in my eyes watching it.

I’m not crying you are! Sepo, your video is awesome! We watched it very late last night - all the feels. Just wow. Thanks for sharing it and welcome to the the thread!

That video was awesome! I had the same thought as you Fin - they’re going to be just fine! Good to see them having fun and laughing.

I don’t know enough to know who we should go after but I hope they do some serious changes to our pitching roster. Speaking of Jake, I saw that he has a For Sale sign in his yard. We all knew he was leaving and I guess this confirms it (sorta).

Someone help me out - Davis is a FA now, correct? What’s the word on him?

I’m not crying you are! Sepo, your video is awesome! We watched it very late last night - all the feels. Just wow. Thanks for sharing it and welcome to the the thread!

Jake was renting that house, they had moved out 3 weeks ago, the owner is selling it. I just don't see the Cub's tieing up the length of contract he is after. Lackeys wife posted a "been a great 2 years with these girl's" /wive's~gonna miss them so much" photo kinda cementing that he is gone...(maybe)
Davis, Duensing F.A. I know Wade will be offered a deal as the selection of avalable closers may not be all that large to choose from, AFAIK he doen't have an issue staying with the Cubs but it will be a $ thing for him too and he isn't getting any younger. If we could lock him in for another year, Andrew Miller is a FA after the '18 season, worls for me.
Jon Jay wants to stay with the Cubs, says he really likes it here and some things are more important than $ . I knew I liked that guy . The issue with him is where do we put him? Theo talking up Almora and Schwarbs a LOT in his press conference yesterday...so they are both on the trade block to me which isn't a surprise but we shall see what happens. I think the only *safe* guys are Riz,KB,Willy,JHey (has one more year before his op-out),Zobie...Addie and Javy will have to command one amazing pitcher. After Theo's J. Wilson bust he will be looking for as close to a guarantee as you can given baseball's gonna baseball. Theo does not like to lose tho so I believe he is highly motivated. Supply and demand tho will be the challenge. At the very least Theo will get a 3/4/5 pitcher, and my guess is Monty continues to be stretched toward being a 5th while still filling in the extended relief role. It isn't easy to do that and other than the playoffs he was darn good at it this year, A few of his starts were ugly tho. Being a lefty is also good.

Darvish, Archer will be 2 of the top circulating names for pitching, a lot of the Marlin's team will be dealt off as ARod/JLo trying to cut back before going ahead with their plan. It will take BIG $ but the shopping aisle gets a LOT bigger after the '18 season for some serious arms. Blowing the bank ahead of '18 may not be a great idea. Like Joe said, patience. My concern on Darvish is that he isn't used up too much by the Dodger's. They have manipulated the DL tho so it has allowed Darvish to rest and they have also won each series swiftly allowing great rest in between. Darvish has had his share of injuries tho. Otani is still Theo's brass ring , Darvish is Otani's hero you can put the pieces together.. Otani just had ankle surgery, scareing off maybe 2 teams lol. There just aren't that many that can even go after him price wise. Guess we will see!

Last edited:
I actually had already put it into my DIS signature after you suggested that. In case though, here it is:

It’s a bit of a long video. Basically the story is that my good friend from Arizona insisted, after we were down 1-3 last year, that we grab tix (refundable) to the improbable game 7 that could happen. So, we did. And we went! My awesome wife insisted I go too. While there we bumped into 2 of my other friends (one of whom is the guy who did the “we’re not worthy” bowing (at his brothers insistence) after the Baez homer, which got a lot of TV play). Last month I finally finished the overdue trip video of that experience. It’s almost all from our own pics and videos. I tried to tell the story of what it felt like. Plays better if you turn up the volume. If you have time to waste, please enjoy!

again, I just love seeing everything form the perspective of your seats. Have watched this a few times now , you'd think I learn to quit chopping onions

Cubs have fired Bosio....wow. Did I mention Theo was MAD?!?!?!?
Pretty much a guarantee Jake's 100% gone. Hope they have Hickey or Maddux wrapped up. Pretty sure plenty of teams will line up for The Wizard of Boz(maybe look for a package Jake/Bos pairing offer from STL :scared:) However Cubs could do similar with Hickey /Archer combo

http://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/cu...hing-coach-chris-bosio-after-six-seasons-team

Last edited:

How great was that, Sepo?!?! A really wonderful video, a great compilation of your pictures and video edited with some of the public stuff. Really nice music and vocal backgrounds. Really liked the Cloud Atlas Finale music, a great lead in. And your ending credits were a nice touch. All your editing, top notch. I really enjoyed it, gave me goose bumps along the way. Thanks for sharing your special moments.

And welcome.

Cubs have fired Bosio.... Hope they have Hickey or Maddux wrapped up.

I kind of like Maddux from the NLDS and reading his Wikipedia. Seems he’s done good work with strong results everywhere. I don’t know enough about Hickey yet.

I kind of like Maddux from the NLDS and reading his Wikipedia. Seems he’s done good work with strong results everywhere. I don’t know enough about Hickey yet.

Joe and Hickey were together on the Ray's, and Hickey has roots here. I personally prefer Maddux but Theo aims to do business. The thought of a Maddux/Hendo pairing is delightful. The choice has to have already been made tho, I can't imagine letting Boz go w/out having his replacement secured.

Last edited:
Cubs have fired Bosio....wow. Did I mention Theo was MAD?!?!?!?
Pretty much a guarantee Jake's 100% gone. Hope they have Hickey or Maddux wrapped up. Pretty sure plenty of teams will line up for The Wizard of Boz(maybe look for a package Jake/Bos pairing offer from STL :scared:) However Cubs could do similar with Hickey /Archer combo

http://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/cu...hing-coach-chris-bosio-after-six-seasons-team
Wow, kind of surprising it happened so quickly. But I never felt the pitchers really had it this year like they did last year.

Came home to this :rotfl2:~ my DS and friends celebrated the Cubs season and my DS being asked to be his friend's Best Man....Raised him right
DMtfiSbX0AAnTdX.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter