Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

This will make Deb&Bills day

Dillon Maples' wizardry is back in Chicago. He's up as Cubs place Brian Duensing on the disabled list with a shoulder issue.

Between an injury and his family loss, this makes sense and I hope the Brian we saw before returns.
Maples started out okay, but then he succumbed to Duensing disease.

Hey @FINFAN, did you see that Cogs was officially added to the Iowa Cubs roster today?

https://twitter.com/CarrieMuskat/status/1013465761447366662

Carrie Muskat‏Verified account @CarrieMuskat
Carrie Muskat Retweeted Iowa Cubs

Chris Coghlan added to Iowa roster. He was rehabbing in AZ. #Cubs

Carrie Muskat added,

DhCG8aYUEAEaURa.jpg

Iowa CubsVerified account @IowaCubs
Today's Iowa Cubs roster moves: RHP Dillon Maples was recalled by Chicago OF Chris Coghlan was added to Iowa's roster…
9:54 AM - 1 Jul 2018

Hey @FINFAN, did you see that Cogs was officially added to the Iowa Cubs roster today?

https://twitter.com/CarrieMuskat/status/1013465761447366662

Carrie Muskat‏Verified account @CarrieMuskat
Carrie Muskat Retweeted Iowa Cubs

Chris Coghlan added to Iowa roster. He was rehabbing in AZ. #Cubs

Carrie Muskat added,

DhCG8aYUEAEaURa.jpg

Iowa CubsVerified account @IowaCubs
Today's Iowa Cubs roster moves: RHP Dillon Maples was recalled by Chicago OF Chris Coghlan was added to Iowa's roster…
9:54 AM - 1 Jul 2018

YES, YES I DID!!!!!:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: I'm still not used to Happ wearing the #8, but knowing we have Cog's healthy and activated was crazy cool to hear and I am THRILLED! He is a swiss army knife player!
Maples really messed things up. I’m shocked that we needed every single one of those runs.
tenor.gif

Same issues he has been dealing with in IA...so extreme in on fire to uh-oh. I am sure Joe didn't want to put Morrow into a dirty inning,,only thing I can think of to have not pulled Maples after he gave up the triple. Oddly, I wasn't THAT stressed..not sure why because that had cardiac cubs written all over it. He got those first 2 outs effortlessly, but yeah....that pesky 3rd out has been giving a LOT of our bullpen trouble this year.
I wonder what they talked about at that hitters' meeting the other day. :scratchin
heard it was along the lines of think about the batter behind you, set the table kind of thing. All I know is he should have called the meeting a month ago, lol.

My current concern is Addie's finger...got stepped on, right? Day to day I think.

Just got back from seeing Maddie and Tae (for free no less) at a fest/fireworks. Great ending to a most excellent weekend of Cubs crushing it!

Last edited:
CJ with a brutal outing...last one wasn't as good as hoped either. Fingers crossed Theo has some trades in the works for another Cishek type

Tommy Birch‏Verified account @TommyBirch
That's it for Carl Edwards Jr. who departs after 0.2 innings of work. Still on the hook for a runner. Walked 2. Allowed 2 runs. Didn't give up any hits. Tossed 19 pitches. Just 6 strikes. 1 wild pitch.

AAJ's wife Krystal posted pic's of heir family enjoying the Shedd Aquarium today. Normally I would be like, fun day but there have been boatloads of people getting sick there over the last few months. 111 fell ill after attending Prom there (food was ruled out) the 15 kids after a field trip(had bag lunches, food ruled out again), and saw on twitter 3 days ago. general visitors etc. The first thing that popped in my head was OH NO! AAJ is gonna be out for 2 weeks! ETA:Looks like the Cubs may have rented out the Shedd..yikes I hope they stay healthy

Last edited:
Todays lineup~Addie must be OK!
Sending all good vibes to Hendrick's today, guy needs a good game for SO many reason's.
Candyman back at Wrigley with Detroit, great player, should be fun! Wish I was there to get the Hawaiian Shirt promo

LETS GO CUBBIE'S!!!!!!!!!! Hope the bat's stayed hot!!!!!

DhL-s9VXUAA6G7Z.jpg

1 game out, (I think we killed the Twinkie's pitching)

so 2 days ago this article on Victor ran:
https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...go-cubs-milb-iowa-cubs-marty-pevey/748691002/

now tonight this:
Tommy Birch‏Verified account @TommyBirch
Nothing official yet, but it sounds like Victor Caratini, who was originally scheduled to catch tonight, is no longer in the starting lineup. #Cubs
@TommyBirch
Victor Caratini not with the Iowa #Cubs after the game. Iowa manager Marty Pevey didn't give an explanation.

ETA: I didn't think Giminez had any options left so perhaps this is an out and out DFA of him for Victor? If so, pretty sure we are not going to be seeing Yu toss another pitch this season.

ETA(again)

Jesse Rogers‏Verified account @ESPNChiCubs
The Cubs have recalled catcher Victor Caratini while designating Chris Gimenez for assignment. Caratini was batting .313 for Triple-A Iowa while Gimenez struggled for the Cubs hitting just .143. Caratini will be in uniform for Wednesday's game against the Tigers.

Happy for him if he is going to get to be up in the major's and sad for us at the same time of he's gets traded..obviously he would be gone for pitching, or at least for someone we flip for pitching?

Latest on Eddie Butler..sounds about as bad as CJ :sad2:

Final line for Eddie Butler: 1.1 innings, 5 hits, 4 runs (all earned), 2 walks and 1 strikeout. Tossed 51 pitches including 31 strikes. #Cubs

Last edited:
Here's hoping the bats light up the day like the fireworks tonight!!
No JHey, Rizzo, or Schwarber..gonna be some unhappy fans there today, lol (including Q)

LETS GO CUBBIE'S!!!!!!!!
s-l300.jpg
DhRbbNhW0AATpmh.jpg

2017-07-04T190947Z_471929058_NOCID_RTRMADP_3_MLB-TAMPA-BAY-RAYS-AT-CHICAGO-CUBS-1140x858.jpg

RIGHTY HEAVY TO PUMMEL THE SOUTHPAW LINEUP
DhRPGHDW0AAdCw6.jpg:large

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter