• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

Cubs Win!

Let’s see if I’ve shaken my bad luck. If not, the Cubbies are in trouble since I’m going to 2 games.

And bad luck elimination ideas? I’m only half joking, lol.

I think you’ll be fine. Acknowledging it was the key. The Luck just had to be paid homage to. You’re all set now. You’ve been to some late comeback wins this season too if I recall. :drinking:

Tigers don’t seem horrible but Brewers are also red hot on a mission.

Can’t help but play the destiny game in my head too with regard to the Dodgers if they are WC2. Maybe the best chance to get past them is in a 1-game Tuesday as opposed to a 5 game set. Not that I’d want that, but just prepping some emotional insurance.

Cubs Win!

Let’s see if I’ve shaken my bad luck. If not, the Cubbies are in trouble since I’m going to 2 games.

And bad luck elimination ideas? I’m only half joking, lol.
My foolproof is lap around the entire park~ no shortcuts. We start at Ronnie's statue and go all the way around.We stop to rub our brick for good luck(behind the LF bleachers, take a pic of Harry's statue and whatever Murphys Bleachers daily sign says, down Sheffield and back to Ron Santo.
If we hit a loss we reverse direction. 90% W rate. Worst time it didn't work was game 3 against the Mets in '15. You are welcome to give it a go.

I also don't think you are bad luck but as a VERY superstitious Cub fan, I know where you're coming from

Tigers don’t seem horrible but Brewers are also red hot on a mission.

Can’t help but play the destiny game in my head too with regard to the Dodgers if they are WC2. Maybe the best chance to get past them is in a 1-game Tuesday as opposed to a 5 game set. Not that I’d want that, but just prepping some emotional insurance.
Sepo..repeat after me..Cubs control their own destiny. 1 game up. Tonight was the biggest game of the year. . .until tomorrow.LETS GO! WE NEVER QUIT!!!!
20180926_233010.jpg

and I truly, TRULY believe they DO control their own destiny, (but the Umps sure have tested that this season)even though I completely contradict that by being so superstitious, lol

Last edited:
RonSantoNo10flag.jpg

years ago, Ron Santo's number was retired~ I was crying when he said this was his Hall of Fame

This was one of my favorite shots.....
EP-712049999.jpg&updated=201012031218&MaxW=800&maxH=800&noborder

Happy Anniversary Ronnie!

clickheels.jpg

Hey Robin, I still hit SC in that lap too lol,,,either before or after! Gonna be a chilly one today~ stay warm and as always,

GET THE W!!!!!!!!!!

KB is back today~ in LF

I also hope they guys can dig deep and remember all Dr. Ken would be saying~ hopefully he and Ronnie and Ernie are sending the vibes :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Last edited:
the Tiger/Brewer game is free on MLB.TV~ You do have to sign up but Tigers put up 3-0 in the top of the first!:woohoo:

Kitty cats lost. I was hoping we would clinch at Wrigley tomorrow but it’s an early game and the Brewers don’t play until later.

Kitty cats lost. I was hoping we would clinch at Wrigley tomorrow but it’s an early game and the Brewers don’t play until later.
I'm gonna go with "got voo-doo'd" over lost. All I know is Hader has gotten jacked for 3 home runs in,I think, his last 3 outings.Very nice. Have a GREAT game and as always, GET THE W!!!!!!!

I’m at peace. Zen mode. Like what our team is doing and 94 wins is fantastic. Could still get to 95. Brewers have simply been that good, making it so close.

Let’s see what happens tonight. Lot happening. Dodgers close to eliminating Cards.. we could still win division. If tie, we could get 2 cracks at home to get to NLDS. Absolute worst case, 1 home crack at NLDS, and Dodgers burned Kershaw today. But then again, he’ll pitch readily anytime.

Destiny calls.

Last edited:
Hamel's was stellar~I liked seeing the hard contact off of Mikolas. My money is on him regressing next year. If it's a game Monday?Bring it. No other team in this Division has the Cub's record with the same injuries and crap this team went through this season...NONE. Still in it, GO CUBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter