Child on dining plan..no appetizers on menu??

TheDisneyBunch

Mom to 3, photographer and Disney CRAZY!!
When we dine at a TS place that has no child appetizers on the kids menu does this mean he would not get one or that he would get one off the regular menu?

Just got a little confused there after looking at menu's. TIA! :goodvibes

There is a whole thread on this topic. But long story short YMMV. My kids did not get any appetizers anywhere that did not specifically mention a kids appetizer. They did not get to order one off the adult menu. For us it worked out fine because most places served bread and they were fine with that. The one place they were very hungry I ordered something kid friendly and shared with them and it was fine. At some of the same places people have gotten adults appetizers for their kids but I wouldn't count on it. The explanation we got is that the kids meals are now served with something that serves as their appetizer it just comes with their meal. So for example the chicken nuggets and fries came with grapes as well. They do get desserts but had to order from the 2 listed on the kids menus or ice cream.

Yvonne

We ate at the Coral Reef last Thursday night, and had the following conversation:

CM: Okay, here's the deal... Kids appetizers are kinda limited, so they can choose anything off the adult appetiser menu.

Us: You mean, like the Shrimp Cocktail ($9.99)???

CM: Uh-huh.

Us: Girlie (4) will have the Shrimp Cocktail ($9,99)!

Happy hunting!

JimMIA said:
We ate at the Coral Reef last Thursday night, and had the following conversation:

CM: Okay, here's the deal... Kids appetizers are kinda limited, so they can choose anything off the adult appetiser menu.

Us: You mean, like the Shrimp Cocktail ($9.99)???

CM: Uh-huh.

Us: Girlie (4) will have the Shrimp Cocktail ($9,99)!

Happy hunting!

Same with us at Le Cellier. Kids were allowed to choose apps. off the regular menu.

We were at WDW last week (8 nights on DDP) and my sons were able to order adult appetizers at the following places
Kona Cafe
Coral Reef
LeCellier

The only place that did not have any child appetizers and would not let them order an adult appetizer was Marrakesh.

Most of the adult appetizers were not "child friendly" foods, but my sons tried some new things.

As a previous poster mentioned all the TS restaurants gave us bread and my sons ate a lot of that! :)

Just got back last week. Coral Reef allowed the kids to pick an appetizer from the adults menu. Alfredo's would not allow the kids to do that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter