• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Chinese New Year festivities

iheartglaciers

DIS Veteran
I'm going to be in Tokyo in February and am wondering if I should make a stopover in HK to visit Disneyland. I'm thinking I will make the extra effort (and expense) to go if they will still celebrating the New Year there. Does anyone know if there still be festivities going on? Do they have a parade? Or is that just for the weekend following New Years?

Thanks!

The Lunar New Year lasts about two weeks. In 2015, the Lunar New Year begins on the 19th of February so they will probably still be celebrating until the Lantern Festival, which should be early March (15th day of the LNY).

The Lunar New Year lasts about two weeks. In 2015, the Lunar New Year begins on the 19th of February so they will probably still be celebrating until the Lantern Festival, which should be early March (15th day of the LNY).

Thanks!

I'm going to be in Tokyo in February and am wondering if I should make a stopover in HK to visit Disneyland. I'm thinking I will make the extra effort (and expense) to go if they will still celebrating the New Year there. Does anyone know if there still be festivities going on? Do they have a parade? Or is that just for the weekend following New Years?

Thanks!

I know here in Beijing for my work we get February 17th until the 27th off - the actual day is the 19th but people celebrate for about two weeks. I would think the festivities would be going on for some time! Have fun! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter