• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Choice of 3 cameras..Gateway,Kodak.Fuji

mum4jenn

<font color=purple>My dd is the love of my life!!<
I am looking at CompUSA auctions at three different cameras. What would be my best choice?

Gateway CD-M50 5mp 1.8" screen

Kodak Easy Share V530 5mp 2.0" screen

Fuji fine pix E510 5,2mp 2.0" screen

All are refurbs which I would hope that all the "kinks" are out of them.

Any recommendations??

I'd take the Kodak over the Fuji for the simple fact that I hate supporting proprietary memory formats. Not to mention, SD memory is close to half the cost of XD memory.

Didn't think about that. That is very true. Although at the same time, the 510 got a very good high ISO performance in contrast to the Kodak.

I would stay away from all 3. The Nikon Coolpix 4200 is around $140 and it is a beautiful camera. A top of the line model from the #1 seller of cameras at a great price.

I would definately stay away from the Gateway. Personally I would go with a Canon or Nikon but the other two might be ok.

Thanks for all the help. I was leaning towards the Kodak but I see the price on the auction is already out of my price!! I will keep all the info in mind though for when I do find a great deal.

janet715 said:
I would stay away from all 3. The Nikon Coolpix 4200 is around $140 and it is a beautiful camera. A top of the line model from the #1 seller of cameras at a great price.

Although I concur that Nikon makes great dSLR, I wouldn't classify the Coolpix 4200 to be "top of the line". In fact, the 4200 was the lowest end of the Coolpix series and has now been discontinued and replaced with Coolpix 4600 (also the lowest end of all Nikon digital cameras)

Oh, and Nikon is not the #1 seller of cameras. :dog2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter