Choosing a resort for the pool!

sbvaldes

Earning My Ears
We plan to do a lot of pool time during our next visit and will likely book a resort based primarily on the pool. For young kids (7,4,3) what would you recommend? We’ve already stayed at AoA and they loved it but I did not so we’ll go somewhere else next time.

My kids absolutely loves the pools at Grand Floridian. We liked that one had a water slide and was busier with games, and the “quiet” pool was more fun for just family swims.

Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Suites Waterpark has an amazing pool, is great for kids, and the rooms are huge for about the same price or less than most anything on property. They have shuttles to the parks, but having a car is handier. It’s very close to WDW as off-property hotels go.
Also, pool bar!
For on property with little ones, I like SSR (great splash pad and zero entry pool), and WL (dumping bucket for littles, big slide for the 7 yr old.)

The best onsite pool is SAB, but you pay the ridiculous deluxe price to stay at BC. I would look at the Mod resorts, they have better pools than Value but much easier on the wallet than the Deluxes. They also have some great splash zones for the smaller kids.

Caribbean Beach is a great option for families with younger children. Not as pricey as a deluxe with a lovely pool. We did a big two family trip last year. Spent every afternoon at the big pool.

If you want to spend a little. My family loves the scary clown pool at Boardwalk as well. There's an awesome twisty slide to entertain bigger kids for hours. They had floaties to borrow as well. Spent hours spinning around and around, occasionally hopping out to chug a cocktail.

Our favorite is the volcano pool at the Poly. It backs up to the beach with a distant view of the castle, so you can watch the fireworks while swimming. Some feel it's too small and is constantly overcrowded, but we've never felt that way. There's also a kids splash play area for the little ones.

Storm Along is fine for 7yr old but 3 & 4 maybe not. I would choose Animal Kingdom Lodge
I can see that. I was thinking the younger ones might like the shallow sandbar/sand bottom part of the pool. There is also a baby pool and baby slide in the back of the pirate ship. I understand that SAB can be difficult for mixed ages or multiple children though. Maybe something like the GF would be good. I think they have a nice splash pad too.

I think pretty much any of the deluxe or moderate pools would be great for those ages.
I have a 3/5 year old and would pick CBR for a moderate first followed by POFQ, POR,CSR. This would change once they got older.

All of the deluxe pools should be fine. Went went over the last 2 years so DD was 18m at the Poly and DS was 4. DD had the zero entry and DS could spends his whole day at the kid section. He loved it!! This year was GF and again this DD was a 2 and able to enjoy the kid section with DS much more.
Yc/Bc is great but I find it very overwhelming for having kids of different ages. Our kids are 3/5/15 now so one wants the sand part, one wants the kid slides, one wants the big slide. Hard to watch everyone. We ended up using the quiet pool at Beach club villas more and that was much more relaxing for me and the kids still had fun.
WL and Akl have great pools.
SSR has a few great pools. Nice to have a few options if the main area is busy.
The only deluxe I find the pool to be boring is Contemporary but my kids wouldn’t notice it looking sterile. They just see a slide and water.
Can you tell I have spent too much time a the pools?
We tend to only do parks in the morning and come back to spend hours at the pools.
We haven’t stayed at Boardwalk yet. The pool looks like fun but I am saving it for when the little kids are a few years older and can go down the clown slide on their own.
My top choices would be Poly,GF, and WL. CBR for a moderate. I would pick based on where you want to stay the most bc of pools would be great for kids your age.

The safest pool for small kids is Grand Floridian's Beach pool. Small, heavily staffed, and not too crowded (the GF pool crowd tends to be over at the quiet pool). SAB is not good for mixed ages unless you have several energetic adults that can navigate the crowd and run around the complex for several hours.
If you want a less crowded version of SAB, try the Four Seasons Orlando.

Stormalong Bay at YC/BC is probably the most popular onsite pool, but as mentioned, its not always the best for people with little kids. The pool has a lazy river part that is very deep and the pool twists and turns, making it difficult to keep an eye on kids from one area. In the deluxe category, we probably like WL and AKL Jambo House pool the best. Of the moderates, Coronado Springs is definitely our favorite. POR would be my least favorite.

Yes that lazy river is really deep. You don’t realize it bc it changes depths suddenly. It was too deep for my 9 year old. Had to be right on top of him in it.

I’d say any deluxe will have a great pool. Not sure about the mods as I’ve never stayed there but from what I’ve seen, CB and COR both look fun. As for BW, the clown pool terrifies my youngest.

I think the general consensus will be Stormalong Bay at Beach Club, which is why we are staying there in July. Can't wait!

The only other resort we have stayed at is AKL Jambo House and we really liked their pool. We are also a family that does a lot of pool time.

We love GF and both pools are gradual entry. Beach pool has a great slide. And they have a Mad Hatter themed splash pad.

Pofq has a nice pool with a serpent slide and a new splash pad.

Caribbean Beach has a fun pirate fort pool and has Splash Pad.

AKL has a nice pool, and there is a great Splash pad at Kidani. You can walk over or they have a shuttle. The resorts share amenities.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter