Christmas 2003 - Who's sailing (20-27 Dec 03)?

Plan on being there at 1030, but it's all up to the Budget shuttle. Jim, I'll know how to spot you-I'll just look for Jim McMahon. I'll be the one with the DS with curly hair. Everyone notices his hair! He will have a Mickey head in his lanyard. Maybe if we just call out names? Now Lynn, last year at WDW about half the tourists were English! So I highly doubt you will be the only Brits on the ship! I'm running out of room in the luggage. It's those darn sweatshirts and jeans that we will need for WDW since it will be cool there. I'm sure the Xmas decorations will have to stay in the cabin in order to fit the souvenirs into the luggage for the trip home!

OMG -- you all are way ahead of me - we are still shopping!! Finally got DD-13's semi-formal dress (okay, we could have found something in the closet, but it's Christmas, after all) -- same dress she tried on about 6 weeks ago, but didn't fit her right - tonight, fit like a dream!!

I guess we will be the family with the next largest load of luggage, two tall redheads, and a slinky brunette (this would be while DH is at Budget) - I am just looking at the piles of shoes --

It will be a 24 hour marathon here, I am sure - I will need Friday just to recover from getting ready!

Bonnie

Bonnie:

two tall redheads, and a slinky brunette (this would be while DH is at Budget)

What do you look like when your husband comes back?

:wave:

(I Crack myself up).

Jim

PS: You will not upset me nor my wife if at anytime you feel the need to turn to her and say: "How do you put up with that?"

Hi, all!!

After all of my big talk of organization and mailing packages - I am schlepping like a fool. Decorations in the bag, presents and bags in the suitcase and more toiletries and "gotta haves" than ever before.

So far we are at 5 suitcases and 3 carry-ons for three people over two weeks. Oh, that reminds me, quarters to do laundry. Gotta Go -

Take care and see you on Saturday. I think I will be wearing my green DIS Lanyard and hoisting a big grey carry on with Steamboat embroidered on it. Tall blonde with a dark-haired family (the other three all look alike!).

If I haven't said so before: THANK YOU ALL for making it so much more exciting to share. You are all a wonderful group of people.

Ginny -- so sweet -- Thank YOU for all of the information you have provided, great ideas, and such a warm welcome. Safe travels!!

Jim -- it would depend on whether he has asked me one last time if I am ready....

And, not to worry - we have a friend down the street MUCH WORSE than you - and he is one of our favorite people. He also has a tall, statuesque wife, and this summer Kenzie reached his height. Their oldest son is tall like his mother, plays football, and is about 6'2", but Dad was a wrestler and can still take the son!

However, would be interesting to hear what Rieann's response might be!!

Where is BD when we need him???

Ginny,

If I haven't said so before: THANK YOU ALL for making it so much more exciting to share. You are all a wonderful group of people.

I Second that.

It's time to meet some old friends for the first time.....

Jim

I guess we'll be the ones looking like we forgot our luggage.... I am packing BIG and still can't seem to fill more than one carry-on and a suit bag. There must be something wrong with us.
I guess this is the result of to many africa trips of four weeks with a maximum of 9 kg of luggage......
See you all on the ship,

Kyra and Ilona :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

I came up with a name -- finally!!

MICKEY'S
MAGIC CHRISTMAS
CRUISERS

Better late than never (except when boarding!)

B.

Well, I just checked in online for my morning flight. It'll be hard to sleep tonight knowing our flight leaves at 5AM!! Hope everyone has safe travels and no blizzards or ice storms until we are on the ship! Bonnie, I took my puppies to the "pet hotel"-you should have seen the look on their faces. It'll get to you! Bye everyone! See you Saturday morning!

Julie,

Have a safe journey. Try to sleep.

We'll look for the Mom with the son with curly hair.

I've printed out a fish picture.

Don't be shy.

Just come up and say "Dang, That is One Big Fish" and We'll know your part of the club! (That goes for everyone)

"Slan Abhaile" (safe journey).

Jim

I've finally started to pack. I've had a big "cruise box" that I've used to collect things to bring along. Now I have to try to fit everything into luggage. DD15 is the math wiz in the family. I may have to use her skills to find creative ways to make it all fit! We leave for the airport at 3:30 tomorrow afternoon right after the kids get home from school. It is of course snowing again. We've already had two huge storms. This is the third in a week and a half. It should be done by tomorrow though, so we should get out ok. Universal Studios Islands of Adventure is on the agenda for Friday. We're really looking forward to meeting you all! My two girls are tall, blonde and beautiful. Just look for the rolling eyes and you'll know you've found us! (Parents are so terribly embarassing you know!) Have a safe trip everyone!

Dawn, Kate & Becky:bounce:

Leaving for the airport in 1 hour. thanks so much everyone for making the planning such fun, can't wait to meet you all. See you soon
Lynn

Jim,
I'm not packed.
I'm not ready.
Now, who's got reason to be stressed?
Just got home from the Pentagon. Guess I have to put some clothes in a suitcase. See you tomorrow evening?! I want to see a BIG fish!
Greg (Tina, Ashley-15 and Ryan-8)

62Magic_12-20-03-med.jpg

Disney Magic Saturday Morning 12-20-03

12-20.jpg

Magic sailing past Two Palms cam on 12-20-03

Andy, Thank you for capturing the picture of the Magic before we sailed, and from Jim,Lynn and I, thank you for the message this afternoon -

Bonnie

I hope you all got home safely and are recovering from all the travel! I want to thank you all for making this such a wonderful cruise for myself and the girls. We were all so sad to see it end! I hope we can keep in touch electronically at least until our next cruise together. I'd like to propose a more private group communication. I'm a member of "smart groups" which is a free group service. I've made a group for us called the "Disney Magic Cruisers" with an e-mail address of DisneyMagic@smartgroups.com. (I thought it would be easy to remember...) The way it works is each member is invited to join the group. When one member sends an email, all of the members get it. It also has group photo album capability. Only the people in the group can read the messages and see the photos. So what do you think? If you want to join, PM me with your email address and I'll send you the official "invite" letter. It will send you to the site and show you how to join. I'm a member of a group of dog lovers and its easy and fun to keep the conversation going. Safe trip back everyone! Dawn, Kate & Becky

PS--the girls are desparately missing their new friends. Kate even cried on the drive to the airport...

Greg--the info is on the way!

Lynn and Jim--when you get home, send me your e-mail addresses. I have photos posted on Webshots.com, but you can only access it if I "invite" you via email. Same thing with the smart groups. I hope you are enjoying your extended stays in Florida. Miss you all! Dawn

Hi - hi - hi - hi!!

Hope everyone is home safely!!

Had a blast!! Jamie had a blast!! The girls had a blast!! And none of that would have happened without you awesome bunch of people!!!

Dawn - idea is great!! I sent you an email --

Julie -- Rumor has it you were on the ship - Lynn gave me updates of the "Julie sightings" -- I guess I was always in the wrong place at the wrong time - I hope you got my message on Wednesday. Next time -----

I caught a glimpse of a blue/silver chinese dress complete with sandals out of the elevator Thursday night -- couldn't stop the one I was on, and she got in too quick - figured that must have been Kyra.

Just a thought - wanted to run home and start new thread for the 2005, but then thought maybe Pete can figure out a way to include all of our names as the initial poster, or in the alternative, Jim should start it as he was the first to rebook. What are your thoughts??

Greg - Jamie is asking about a bucket ------------

Bonnie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter