• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Christmas day dining reservations and park closures....

amccu18007

DIS Veteran
We are travelling down for Christmas week and have 6:30 reservations for dinner in the Magic Kingdom. We go often and just plan on enjoying the day. However, I am worried about the park closures( phases) that I keep reading about. Will we have to go very early just to be there for our dinner or will we be able to go there in the early afternoon? We are not commando park goers at this point so any advice would be appreciated on how to navigate this busy day. Thank you!

It is extremely rare for the parks to go into a full closure. We might see a phase 1 or 2 but in recent years it’s barely hit that.

Thank you all for your input! I feel better now! Half of my family is leaving at noon so I wanted to be able to spend time with them before they left so this makes me happy :)

I think people also get fed up with the crowds by dinner time and leave. For Christmas 2015 we had dinner at California Grill and then walked over for the fireworks. We walked into the park at 8ish if I remember correctly. No problems at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter