• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Christmas Shows questions

jodyb

DIS Veteran
Can anyone tell me how long the various Christmas shows last?

Le Noel Mickey, Belle's Christmas Village, and Mickey's Winter wonderland are the ones I'm wondering about. We "have to" fit them all in along with Lion King, the Christmas Parade, and the Enchanted Fairy tale ceremony (all of which I consider musts!) in ONE DAY... so I'm curious how people would rate them as well as how long they are. It's just me and my 13 year old daughter. Any comments would be welcome!
Oh, also, how far in advance of the listed starting times would it be best to arrive at these shows to get a good seat?

Thanks everyone!

:wave:

Hi Jody! We're just back from DLP on Thursday night and you'll have a great time!! Le Noel de Mickey and Mickey's Winter Wonderland are about 20 minutes long each. We turned up about 15 minutes before them and got in with no trouble but if you want a really good view it's better to get there a bit earlier - we had a man in front of us holding both arms up to take video footage in the Fantasy Festival Stage who seemed blisssfully unaware that he was blocking our view!! The floor doesn't slope much in that one so it's better to be nearer the front. The Chapparal Theatre seats are much more raised so no real problems there. They're both lovely shows. Belle's Christmas village itself is quite small but very attractive. All the stalls sell Disney merchandise which you can get anywhere in the parks. The show - Belle's Musical medley - is nice. You don't need to turn up too early but space is a bit tight. The cast focus mainly on the area in front of Belle's fountain facing towards Le Chope de Gaston so try to get there if possible. It also lasts about 20 minutes and afterwards the characters are available in the Christmas village for photos and autographs.. Have your photos taken with the Beast too - you don't get to see him too often "in the flesh" (or fur!) He's up by the Alice's Maze entrance to Belle's village.The Enchanted Fairytale Ceremony is an absolute must - it's wonderful!! We got there about 45 minutes beforehand and got right at the front by the gates on central plaza (facing the Castle) where we had an unrestricted view - magical!! If your daughter wants to see the princes and princesses coming up Main St in their carriage and on horseback you won't be able to do both in 1 night. They come out of the gate at the Town Square end of Discovery Arcade and proceed up to Central Plaza. As you've only got 1 night I'd bag your place by the Central Plaza stage - it's a superb ceremony - lasts about 20 minutes too. I've got some photos of the princes and princesses coming up Main St which I'll put on the board when I get chance. The Christmas Parade lasts about half an hour. It starts opposite the Pizzeria Bella Notte and nobody seems to collect there so you can catch the start there with hardly anyone about. Can't remember how long the Lion King show was as we saw it in October but certainly no longer than 30 minutes. Do ask any questions you like as it's fresh in my memory and I like to talk about it!!

I just told Liav about Beast being at the Christmas village and she is thrilled!
Thanks for your great answer and all the info.
I also just found out the Mickey's Winter Wonderland keeps playing until March and doesn't end when the Christmas season is over, so we'll have the whole week to catch that one! So that relieves a little of the pressure!
Right now I'm thinking:

11:00 Get Lion King Tickets
11:15 Belle's (if we get tickets for LK quickly enough!)
12:15 Le Noel Mickey
12:45 Belle's (if we didn't catch it earlier)
14:00 Lion King
16:00 Christmas Parade
17:30 Enchanged Fairytale Lighting Ceremony

I'm psyched! This is going to work!!

By the way can anyone confirm that the 2:00 Lion king is in English?

Thanks again!!!
:Pinkbounc

Yes, 2pm and 4:30pm Lion King is in English as I saw it a couple of weeks ago.
Don't forget Fantillusion at 7:30pm
Belles is 11:45 not 11:15
Don't forget Mickey's Winter Wonderland at 12:30pm, 1:45pm, 3pm, 5pm and 6:15pm - this is not the same as Mickeys Noel (Mickeys Christmas)

thanks for the heads up about Belle's time! We may have to sacrifice this show...
As for Mickey's Winter Wonderland, as someone pointed out to me and I confirmed on the official DLP site, this is not a Christmas - specific show, so it will be playing the entire week we are there - so no need to get it in on the 9th of Jan. Finding that out was a relief, since it took some of the pressure off of our "one day of Christmas!"

I can't believe how excited I am :flower: :Pinkbounc :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter